TurboWords Spelling - quickly record your own
By Claude Labelle
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Using iOS10’s new speech recognition, quickly build a spelling test from your own weekly school words. Record them in one stretch. Sit back and watch as they are recognized into text. It’s easy and fun!
Then play the test, rich with options. Seeing, hearing and writing your words will help you succeed in school tests.
And finally, track your progress. See the results of your last three tests, individually for each word. Earn a shining star.
Alternatively, play one of two games using your words: a hangman-style and a word shuffle.
TurboWords lets you:
• Record as many words as you need.
• Enter or edit the text of the words.
• Re-order, delete or re-record your words.
• Create up to eight groups of words (lists). An unlimited number of groups can be purchased as a one-time in-app purchase.
• Play words sequentially or randomly, using your recorded voice or a synthesized voice.
• Type the words. Or write them on paper.
• Have instant feedback at each keystroke! Letters highlight green or red.
• Use a Hint button, if you’re stuck, pressing this button will reveal the next letter.
• Pronounce the word as you type each keystroke, if you wish.
• Go forward and backwards.
• Set a time limit, so that the next word is automatically played back, after a number of seconds that you set.
• Take partial tests.
• Focus on the words you have difficulty with, by excluding succeeded words from a spelling test.
• See the results of your test.
• Correct words.
• See a positive-reinforcement star, red and green lights showing your progress as you learn.
• Play Not Hangman while improving your literacy.
• Beat your high score in animated Word Shuffle game.
Steps to use the app:
1. Add a group for your words.
2. Record your words.
3. Take the spelling test.
4. Correct the test.
You will find contextual help on every screen. Portrait and landscape modes are supported. A multi-user option can be purchased. It allows multiple users on the same device. Users can be created with their name and photo. Each user have their own groups of words.
What's New in Version 2.2
Vastly improved spelling test:
- New option to highlight each letter as you type, green or red, to give you instant feedback at each keystroke!
- New option to speak the words using a synthesized voice instead of your recorded voice
- New Hint button, if you’re stuck, pressing this button will reveal the next letter
- Settings are now individual to each user
- Larger text field with bigger font, with word now centered
- Larger Play / Next / Previous buttons on iPad
- Star shows as soon as the word is correct, without having to press the Next button
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 17, 2017
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 8.9 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Claude Labelle
- © 2016 Claude Labelle
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Groups$0.99