By Claude Labelle
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Using speech recognition (iOS 10 or later), quickly build a spelling test from your own weekly school words. Record them in one stretch. Sit back and watch as they are recognized into text. It’s easy and fun!
Then play the test, rich with options. Seeing, hearing and writing your words will help you succeed in school tests.
And finally, track your progress. See the results of your last three tests, individually for each word. Earn a shining star.
Alternatively, play one of two games using your words: a hangman-style and a word shuffle.
Includes one sample group to get you started.
TurboWords lets you:
• Record as many words as you need.
• Enter or edit the text of the words.
• Re-order, delete or re-record your words.
• Create up to eight groups of words (lists). An unlimited number of groups can be purchased as a one-time in-app purchase, at a minimal cost.
• Receive and import groups created with TurboWords Parent/Teacher Edition.
• Play words sequentially or randomly, using your recorded voice or a synthesized voice.
• Type the words. Or write them on paper.
• Have instant feedback at each keystroke! Letters highlight green or red.
• Use a Hint button, if you’re stuck, pressing this button will reveal the next letter.
• Pronounce the word as you type each keystroke, if you wish.
• Go forward and backwards.
• Set a time limit, so that the next word is automatically played back, after a number of seconds that you set.
• Take partial tests.
• Focus on the words you have difficulty with, by excluding succeeded words from a spelling test.
• See the results of your test.
• Correct words.
• See a positive-reinforcement star, red and green lights showing your progress as you learn.
• Send test results by email.
• Play Not Hangman while improving your literacy.
• Beat your high score in animated Word Shuffle game.
Steps to use the app:
1. Add a group for your words.
2. Record your words.
3. Take the spelling test.
4. Correct the test.
You will find contextual help on every screen. Portrait and landscape modes are supported. A multi-user option can be purchased. It allows multiple users on the same device. Users can be created with their name and photo. Each user have their own groups of words.
What's New in Version 2.36
- Can receive and open word groups created with new TurboWords Parent/Teacher Edition.
- New buttons for rating and information.
- Other minor changes.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 21, 2017
- Version: 2.36
- Size: 9.5 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Claude Labelle
- © 2016 Claude Labelle
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Groups$0.99