Turf Wars – Location Based Mafia
By MeanFreePath LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get in on the real-time GPS action happening in YOUR neighborhood!! Do you have what it takes to be the Capo of your city?
“…the GPS element sets this game apart” – The Times of London: RATED 4/5 Stars
“a trailblazer” – The Guardian: RATED top 10 free iPad game
RATED A- – The Onion A.V. Club
Turf Wars is the massively multiplayer online game where you claim and defend your favorite real-world places from other mobsters. Stake your claim on your neighborhood, your favorite bar or restaurant, your school or workplace – the city is yours for the taking!
Start off as a lowly street punk and rise through the ranks to become the biggest mobster in your area! Run realistic missions, fight local mobsters, seize territory, and deal with the cops to gain more influence and take over your city.
– Control REAL territory in your city and around the world!
– Build and defend your turf using dozens of realistic weapons and upgrades.
– Capture other player’s turf and make it your OWN!
– Make other players to pay you protection money for their turf’s “safety”
– Send messages to your friends, enemies, and mob members.
– Deal with local law enforcement as you grow your empire
– Invite your friends to build the most powerful mob in your city!
– View worldwide and local high rollers
– Free updates!
– Works on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (OS 7.0 or higher required)
– Fight and take over other players’ turf for your chance to become the Capo of your city!
Your device must be running OS 7.0 or higher and be connected to the Internet to play. For best results, Location Services should be enabled on your device.
What's New in Version 2.60
- map optimizations
- bug fixes and performance enhancements
"My God, It's Full of Stars..."
...Too Bad The RATING isn't! Game Over!
Evil has won this game. If you don't know a player who started Turf Wars 5 years ago, don't bother. You and 100 close friends don't stand a chance. If you DO get hooked, you will probably end up spending $100/month on average just to keep up.
I have played for 3 years and I'm doing well, but newbies should be prepared for TOTAL DRAMA. You will be enticed to join all manner of groups...and most of them are Stars...but they are not likely to inform you of that fact. If you enjoy homophobic slurs, lies, grand theft and the like, then by all means hook up with them. The Good guys don't usually recruit, so if you are approached for membership, its probably the bad guys. You should probably play for at least one full year before attempting to attack anyone. Ditto posting notes in the General Forum.
This is a WAR game, so expect the developers to add at least one new expensive and indispensable skill every year. Peace is bad for developers' bottom line, so spend and fight, or be consumed.
Worse yet, once I ran afoul of the Stars and their legion of spies and allies, I started getting email and telephone scams out the wazoo...so watch you rears! For heaven's sake, hide your identity!
Technical issues are multiplying. I find myself swearing at crashes and freezes alot these days. Notifications are several minutes slow at critical times.
Best App Ever
If you like a friendly competition then this is the game for you. If you like to be the top dog then good luck. Also add me to your mob, TLG
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 17, 2015
- Version: 2.60
- Size: 20.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MeanFreePath LLC
- © 2014 MeanFreePath LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 500 Respect Point Pack$19.99
- 100 Respect Point Pack$4.99
- 15 Respect Point Pack$0.99
- 225 Respect Point Pack$9.99
- 50 Respect Point Pack$2.99
- 1000 Respect Point Pack$39.99
- 375 Respect Point Pack$14.99
- 2500 Respect Point Pack$89.99