Turning The Pages (TTP)
By National Library of Medicine
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turning The Pages (TTP) app allows users to touch and virtually turn the pages of rare medical books and manuscripts from the collections of the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM).
NLM's app provides access to the rare and significant books and manuscripts with historian and curator annotations, where available. Library patrons typically cannot access these rare materials since everyday use will surely harm these precious objects of antiquity: the evidence of humanity's search for knowledge. We provide users a compelling version of these rare books at no cost, all of which are now available in high resolution.
Download these items from within the app:
1. Hanaoka Seishu’s "Surgical Casebook" 8. Ambroise Paré’s "Oeuvres"
2. Hieronymus Brunschwig’s "Liber de Arte Distilland" 9. Andreas Vesalius' "De Humani Corporis Fabrica"
3. al-Qazwini's "Wonders of Creation" 10. Johannes de Ketham's "Fasiculo de Medicina".
4. Robert Hooke's "Micrographia" 11. Edwin Smith's Surgical Papyrus
5. Conrad Gesner's "Historae Animalium" 12. Mongolian Book of Astrology
6. Andrew Snape's "Anatomy of a Horse" 13. The Marshall Nirenberg Charts
7. Elizabeth Blackwell’s "A Curious Herbal"
What's New in Version 1.24.13
-Bug fixes with book #13
This is a beautiful, beautiful app. I can't believe it was free.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Mar 12, 2015
- Version: 1.24.13
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Library of Medicine
- © National Library of Medicine
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.