By Asar Corporation
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The ultimate full-featured BPM tapper for the Mac.
Work your way through your entire iTunes music library with astonishing speed, or tap out songs as they come up with minimal disruption to your workflow.
Let Turnover help generate playlists in specific BPM ranges for fixed-tempo workouts, including 180 steps-per-minute playlists for efficient running.
FAST AND EFFICIENT
- Full-featured iTunes controller.
- Work through playlists without ever switching to iTunes.
- Tap, save, jump well into the next track, and keep on tapping. It's that simple.
Turnover allows you to tap out the BPM for entire playlists with nothing more than continuous taps of the Return key. And rather than having to wait for each new track to get going, Turnover can automatically jump ahead so you can continue tapping without interruption.
TAP AS NEEDED
- Supports notifications when the currently playing song has a missing or unconfirmed BPM.
- Global hotkey to activate Turnover.
Once notified, hit your global hotkey, tap out the BPM, and let Turnover bring you right back whence you came. A few brief taps and you'll be right back at the task at hand.
- Optionally ignore BPM values guesstimated by beat analysis software.
- Rules to manage playlists.
- Various notification mechanisms, including Growl.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts for mouse-free operation.
- Immediate detection of tapping errors, never a need to wait or "reset" tapping.
- Built-in metronome, allowing for the fine adjustment of BPM playback
- Several musical instrument “tap” sounds to choose from.
TURNOVER… UH, WHAT'S THAT?
An avid runner, the author of this software needed a tool to help build playlists in the 180 BPM range, a cadence, or rate of turnover, deemed most efficient for running. With thousands of songs to contend with, and existing BPM tappers not quite up to the challenge, this project was born. So if you're looking to "improve your turnover", this is the perfect tool to help you build the necessary playlists.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Fixed issue that could prevent Turnover from communicating with iTunes
- Improved display of album artwork
- Added support for Notification Center
- Added alternate metronome display option
- Target BPM range can now be customized
- Turnover is now sandboxed
A good round of refinements to an already excellent app!
Glad to see Asar is still supporting and improving this little program. It does very well what it was designed to do; not automatically rate BPM (there are plenty of other apps to do that). This is for users who prefer to rate BPM manually, and Turnover has the best interface and mix of features for the job.
This update brings the app up-to-date with Mountain Lion standards, and adds a few new things. I especially like the new LED metronome display option; the old one is best for slow to average tempo, but the LED is better for tracks with very high tempo, like speed metal and trance songs. I just got an iPhone app that uses my iTunes library to generate playlists for my elliptical workouts using BPM, so now Turnover is even more useful to me—and its new customizable target tempo will be great!
Thanks for latest update bugs fixes
The previous version of Turnover wouldn't communicate with iTunes, so it was pretty useless. The new update fixed that problem and now I'm tapping my way through my entire library.
I'm so surprised that more folks, who love music, havne't discovered this App!!! It's GREAT for setting the BPM on your favorite songs for running/walking to the beat of your best tunes! Thank you for making it so easy and fun to use!