TV Guide Mobile
By TV Guide
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the app USA Today calls “invaluable” and Time lists as one of 50 Must-Have Apps. It has also been named a 2013 Webby Awards Honoree.
Also featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, FoxNews.com, Reuters, CNET, Fast Company, TechCrunch, and more.
Users love it too:
• It’s “the TV app I was waiting for since before apps were a thing.” - Robert Reed
• “Love the Watchlist & New Tonight features. This app beats other TV apps by far.” – Betty960
• “keeps all of my shows organized” – Zach Crandell
• “user friendly” – Wawa789
• “This app is perfect. Simple, straightforward, and easy to use.” – Lukion
TV Guide’s official app for the iPhone® and iPad® and is your one-stop, 24/7 TV companion and our best listings guide ever. It makes TV simple again – anywhere, anytime. Your feedback was instrumental in the creation of many cool features and we’re excited for you to see them. Please keep your feedback coming – what you love, what you don’t and what you want to see next.
• Watchlist - your super-personalized TV Guide: Organize your favorite shows, sports teams, movies, and actors and find where you can watch them – on TV and on demand.
• Video: Link to watch TV and movies instantly on ABC, ABC Family, CW, Hulu Plus, HBO Go, MAX Go, Crackle and iTunes. Watch now, anywhere, anytime.
• New Tonight: What's new in prime time with three handy filters:
1. All new shows
2. Trending – a social hot list based on what TV Guide users are watching
3. Watchlist – only your favorite shows
• Listings: Detailed info about every airing with the ability to:
1.Set up alerts and never miss a live airing
2.Easily personalize your Watchlist
3.Filter by HD-only and favorite channels
4.Check-in and share what you're watching with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and more
• Exclusive content: The best in breaking news, features, videos and photos, curated by TV Guide's editors
• News Watchlist filter: Get news customized just for you
• One account: TVGuide.com users can enjoy the convenience of one linked account for TVGuide.com and TV Guide for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Set up individual accounts for every member of your family.
• We've optimized our app for iOS 6.0 and above.
CBS Interactive does not allow registration by users under the age of 13 and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 13.
What's New in Version 4.4
Adds support for Apple Watch.
I like the app because it provides clear and concise listings of what it is going to be on. (On one of my two TV's, I use a digital antenna, and the app is the sole source for accurate program scheduling on the several channels that I receive via the antenna. On the other TV, I have "iTV;" I'm seriously considering getting rid of it because now that I know where to find accurate program scheduling, I use the digital antenna a lot more than the iTV.)
The thing I like least about the app: I spent quite a bit of time (20-30 min's) inputting my favorite shows into the "Watchlist" or whatever. But I seriously have no idea why I did that because it's not clear to me how that's improved app performance AT ALL. I suspect I got data-mined under the guise of "optimized personalization BLAH blah blah."
The app is great. I use it all the time, but one thing bothers me:
If you "add a reminder" for a show from the watch list interface, and that show is on a network that has both an HD and SD channel running the show simultaneously (which is usually the case), then you get two reminders for the same show--one for each of the HD and SD channels.
This can be avoided by manually searching for the show from within the listings interface and selecting "add a reminder" for one of the available channels; however, that is a hassle and defeats the purpose of maintaining a watch list. Also, if the show is not airing within two weeks or so, it will not be available in the listings at all.
I don't understand why some people have issues with this app, while others do not. I have had my TV Guide app for quite sometime and never have issues. I don't watch much TV, but when I do, this app is a "God Send." It's much easier to scroll through than our crap cable menu, and best of all, the Watch List is absolutely GENIUS! Everything I love to watch from sitcoms to movies I have listed. I also find the alert capability to be invaluable as I can set alerts for things I want to watch or as a reminder to record. PLEASE, DON'T EVER do away with this app.
Thank You...thank you and thank you!!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 17, 2015
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 15.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: TV Guide Online Holdings LLC
- © 2015 CBS Interactive Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.