Get the ultimate TV companion with TV Guide’s official app! It makes TV simple again with the best listings grid ever. You can watch full episodes and videos and get exclusive news anywhere, anytime. There are now more ways to discover what to watch with the app’s personalized all-new home screen.
TV Guide’s Highlights and Features:
- New Home Screen – discover what to watch based on what’s trending, your favorites and editors’ picks
- Optimized for iOS 9 – easily find news about your favorite shows by using Spotlight search
- Watchlist – a personalized TV guide where users can add their favorite shows, sports teams, movies, and celebrities and find out where, when and how to watch
- Full Episodes – watch full episodes and movies on-the-go anytime, anywhere - with options from Hulu, ABC, CBS, HBO Go, MAX Go, Crackle, iTunes and more
- Trending Tonight – an up-to-the-minute view of the night’s top shows determined by TV Guide users
- TV Listings - use the detailed TV listings grid with the ability to:
-- Set up alerts so you’ll never miss another live airing
-- Add shows to your Watchlist
-- View your favorite channels
-- Share what you’re watching with friends on social
- Exclusive content - get the latest breaking news and photos, watch exclusive videos and read episode recaps
- New Tonight - find out what time and channel shows are on and access quick episode summaries
- TV Guide’s app is optimized for iOS 8.0 and above
See what other TV Guide users are saying…
• “Easier to operate than any other! Thank you TV Guide” – Bill Z86
• “I can’t tell you how many times a day I check this app. Love it!” – Mishael S
• “I’ve used this app for many years and it just keeps getting better – more user friendly.” –F-nmi-J
• “TV guide is perfect...period!” – KKp6
• “I love this app, especially the Watchlist feature because I get emails reminding me of my favorite shows.” – Vast I
Download the app that USA Today called “invaluable” and TIME Magazine listed as one of “50 Must-Have Apps.” Also featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, FoxNews.com, Reuters, CNET, Fast Company, TechCrunch, and more.
Want more from TV Guide? Stay up to date with the latest entertainment news, celebrity gossip and more from your favorite TV shows…
We’re constantly updating our app to make the TV Guide App experience better for you. To make sure you don’t miss any of our updates, keep your auto-updates turned on!
Ratings and Reviews
App has completely stopped working
Final edit: After deleting and reinstalling all day, FINALLY it picks up my location. But now my account no longer exists - but funnily enough, when I try to sign up anew it tells me my account already exists. Finally start from scratch with a new made-up email and what do I immediately notice? THE GRID IS STILL OFF BY AN HOUR. I have finally decided this app is just a phenomenal piece of junk. There’s a reason it has only a few stars average rating. Sadly, I liked it because I don’t watch enough TV to remember when the few shows I watch come on and really made use of the reminders feature. But I also don’t watch enough TV to fool with such a piece of crap app. Deleting for good!
Despite there having been no update, suddenly my grid and all my alerts were off by an hour. I made sure my provider had not been changed, but I couldn’t even pull it up as the app said there were no providers, despite the fact that I live in the heart of one of the largest metropolitan areas in the US. So I deleted the app, cycled my phone, and reinstalled the app. It STILL says there are no providers in the area and will not go past that screen. I am stuck, cannot go any further. My previous rating was only 3 stars so I never thought it was a great app but now it’s a virtual paperweight on my home screen.
Great app, super easy to set up the many awesome features!
I love that I can jump directly to the day and time I want and see a star next to my watchlist shows and the word new indicating new episodes. It’s great to be able to follow actors and get notifications whenever something they starred in is on. The notifications 15 mins before a show airs are perfect for me. I read these reviews and can’t believe them! It’s a free app so totally understandable that revenue has to come from somewhere. I’m perfectly happy to scroll past a few ads if that’s what it takes to keep it free. I’ve used this app everyday for well over a year, haven’t had a single pop up ad nor have I had any loud ads. As far as the other complaints, they’re all user error, not the apps fault! Duh if you don’t want to get a notification for every single episode then set it for “new episodes only”. All of them were like that. If I can sort out how to use the many convenient features and tailor it to fit my needs, everyone should be able to.
Used to be good, but awful now
I have an iPhone X and this app worked fine before. But since the update three weeks ago that was supposed to improve the app, it's now much worse. It has stopped automatically jumping to the current schedule, and it no longer goes back to the present schedule if you have looked at upcoming programming. In both situations, it has to be manually moved to the current spot rather than just tapping the listing icon. Hugely inconvenient! I had hoped it was a temporary glitch but three weeks on it hasn't been fixed.
Also, now, the schedule is very wrong, very frequently. Often a half day behind. And even more wrong. As a matter of fact, there hasn't been one day since the update that it's been right. And most days it's wrong several times. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of a TV schedule.
I dumped this app. It's too awful these days. The other option for iPhone isn't great, but much better than this one. These folks need to put this app back to how it was before the recent "improvements".
- TV Guide Online Holdings LLC
- 108.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 CBS Interactive Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.