Get the ultimate TV companion with TV Guide’s official app! It makes TV simple again with the best listings grid ever. You can watch full episodes and videos and get exclusive news anywhere, anytime. There are now more ways to discover what to watch with the app’s personalized all-new home screen.
TV Guide’s Highlights and Features:
- New Home Screen – discover what to watch based on what’s trending, your favorites and editors’ picks
- Optimized for iOS 9 – easily find news about your favorite shows by using Spotlight search
- Enhanced for watchOS 2 – enjoy TV Guide on your Apple Watch with the latest news, your Watchlist and Trending shows!
- Watchlist – a personalized TV guide where users can add their favorite shows, sports teams, movies, and celebrities and find out where, when and how to watch
- Full Episodes – watch full episodes and movies on-the-go anytime, anywhere - with options from Hulu, ABC, CBS, HBO Go, MAX Go, Crackle, iTunes and more
- Trending Tonight – an up-to-the-minute view of the night’s top shows determined by TV Guide users
- TV Listings - use the detailed TV listings grid with the ability to:
-- Set up alerts so you’ll never miss another live airing
-- Add shows to your Watchlist
-- View your favorite channels
-- Share what you’re watching with friends on social
- Exclusive content - get the latest breaking news and photos, watch exclusive videos and read episode recaps
- New Tonight - find out what time and channel shows are on and access quick episode summaries
- TV Guide’s app is optimized for iOS 8.0 and above
See what other TV Guide users are saying…
• “Easier to operate than any other! Thank you TV Guide” – Bill Z86
• “I can’t tell you how many times a day I check this app. Love it!” – Mishael S
• “I’ve used this app for many years and it just keeps getting better – more user friendly.” –F-nmi-J
• “TV guide is perfect...period!” – KKp6
• “I love this app, especially the Watchlist feature because I get emails reminding me of my favorite shows.” – Vast I
Download the app that USA Today called “invaluable” and TIME Magazine listed as one of “50 Must-Have Apps.” Also featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, FoxNews.com, Reuters, CNET, Fast Company, TechCrunch, and more.
Want more from TV Guide? Stay up to date with the latest entertainment news, celebrity gossip and more from your favorite TV shows…
We've updated the alerts functionality to notify you every time a new episode is available on TV’s Service Provider Listings. To enable the alerts for new episodes or programs in your Listings, simply add the episode or program to your Watchlist directly from your Listings. You may edit the show’s alert to alert you for all episodes by editing the alert type from the episode or program page.
We also fixed the Antenna Service Provider selection issues some of you were experiencing, make sure your TV Guide location services are enabled under your device settings.
We’re constantly updating our app to make the TV Guide App experience better for you. To make sure you don’t miss any of our updates, keep your auto-updates turned on!
Ratings and Reviews
App has completely stopped working
Final edit: After deleting and reinstalling all day, FINALLY it picks up my location. But now my account no longer exists - but funnily enough, when I try to sign up anew it tells me my account already exists. Finally start from scratch with a new made-up email and what do I immediately notice? THE GRID IS STILL OFF BY AN HOUR. I have finally decided this app is just a phenomenal piece of junk. There’s a reason it has only a few stars average rating. Sadly, I liked it because I don’t watch enough TV to remember when the few shows I watch come on and really made use of the reminders feature. But I also don’t watch enough TV to fool with such a piece of crap app. Deleting for good!
Despite there having been no update, suddenly my grid and all my alerts were off by an hour. I made sure my provider had not been changed, but I couldn’t even pull it up as the app said there were no providers, despite the fact that I live in the heart of one of the largest metropolitan areas in the US. So I deleted the app, cycled my phone, and reinstalled the app. It STILL says there are no providers in the area and will not go past that screen. I am stuck, cannot go any further. My previous rating was only 3 stars so I never thought it was a great app but now it’s a virtual paperweight on my home screen.
Used to be good, but awful now
I have an iPhone X and this app worked fine before. But since the update three weeks ago that was supposed to improve the app, it's now much worse. It has stopped automatically jumping to the current schedule, and it no longer goes back to the present schedule if you have looked at upcoming programming. In both situations, it has to be manually moved to the current spot rather than just tapping the listing icon. Hugely inconvenient! I had hoped it was a temporary glitch but three weeks on it hasn't been fixed.
Also, now, the schedule is very wrong, very frequently. Often a half day behind. And even more wrong. As a matter of fact, there hasn't been one day since the update that it's been right. And most days it's wrong several times. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of a TV schedule.
I dumped this app. It's too awful these days. The other option for iPhone isn't great, but much better than this one. These folks need to put this app back to how it was before the recent "improvements".
UPDATE:: Can’t set alerts anymore!
5 months later and... Nothing... Absolutely NOTHING has been fixed... So I guess it’s safe to assume not only do you guys not read reviews for your app, you clearly don’t care about your rating... It seems you have no intention on maintaining compatibility for those who are currently having daily issues with basic functionality... And every personal attempt to contact you has gone unresponded... Consider your app deleted.
I guess iPhone X users got slighted on the last update... Whenever I try to set an reminder for a program I want to watch, the “save” button gets pushed under the battery/signal area next to the notch... The same happens for the “cancel” button and I have to exit the app to get back to the channel listings... So I’m stuck setting all new alerts for 5 mins notice!! Please fix this!! 👎
I also agree with other reviews about the ads... While I understand the purpose of ads, there is absolutely no need for them to be so invasive!! Why do they have to interrupt the user’s experience and fill up the screen??? Ridiculous!! 👎
And lastly... It would be great if you could get the Watchlist to actually LOAD!! There’s even a setting to have the app immediately show the Watchlist instead to the Listings... Yea well that doesn’t work either... Really having a hard time keeping this app... I will edit my review if/when these are fixed!!! 😡👎
- TV Guide Online Holdings LLC
- 104.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 CBS Interactive Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.