TvhClient will enable your iPhone or iPad to easily perform your TVHeadend common daily tasks and allow you to watch your channels on your device.
TvhClient allows you to remotely control the TVHeadend server - a DVB receiver, DVR and streaming server.
The app relies on real-time data it retrieves from the TVHeadend server allowing you to accomplish several tasks, including:
* view the channel's streaming video in-app or launch a third party video application,
* list channels,
* view channel's EPGs,
* search by program title,
* start, schedule and playback recordings (DVR),
* check alternative times for any show scheduled,
* view the log / status of the server
* browse your muxes and playback any of them without a channel
Supported Tvheadend versions: 3.2 and up.
Transcoding is supported in TVHeadend 4.x versions using TVHeadend's profiles.
** For support (or crashes!) contact me at email@example.com or join http://chat.tvhclient.com.
The app supports sending video stream url directly to: VLC, Oplayer, Buzz Player, GoodPlayer, Ace Player, nPlayer and remotely to Kodi (TvhClient does not support passwords in webinterface!). If you know other apps that work well with TVHeadend and want them added, contact me via e-mail.
Upgrade to VLCKit 3.1.2
Ratings and Reviews
This app has always been very reliable. Fast to load streams, customizable as far as stream settings go for those of us who like to tinker, but still easy enough to use as to not require it. I just wish they would chose a color to use on the top bar instead of having everything just white, it would make the app look a little more interesting.
Is subtitle supported?
I like this app and it works well
I really like this app. Despite numerous areas for improvement, the functionality is commendable and gives you the basics such as control over your recordings, browsing the EPG, and playing video. The internal VLC integration was a GREAT improvement.
Top three things that would greatly increase usability (none of which are easy I know):
- different transcoding options and the ability to use the server's profiles effectively if present. You really need a way to reduce bandwidth and you want to use the server to transcode. Using the client to transcode is a good idea too if bandwidth is no issue (you're at home or your home ISP can kick out good upload speeds). On the client I would like to see other containers and formats actually work but the default "transcodes on iOS" choices DO make sense and work!
- a better EPG UI. Move to a table with channels on the left and timeslots on top as is typically standard. And search right from that screen.
- if you do the EPG UI well, you don't need both the Now and Channels tabs. You need one really good filtering UI letting you narrow by channel, tag, timeslot (that can have a Now option), recents, text search, maybe even genre.
Bottom line is this little app greatly raises the value of my tvheadend setup and rivals what lots of the paid apps offer. Great job.
- Luis Fernandes
- 65.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Czech, Dutch, German, Portuguese, Slovenian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 Luis Fernandes
- In-App Purchases
- Apple TV Full App $4.99
- Llama Thanks $0.99
- Whale of Thanks $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.