By Time Warner Cable
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can watch your favorite shows On Demand, watch Live TV and control your TV all from the iPad® and iPhone®!
Turn any room into a TV room*
- If you are a Time Warner Cable video subscriber, the FREE TWC TV® app
turns your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch into another TV screen and lets you watch
live TV and On Demand programming while in your home, through your wireless home network. Watch Bravo from your bedroom, take Food Network with you to the kitchen or catch up on CNBC news from the breakfast table. And now, selected On Demand programming and live TV channels are available for viewing when you are away from home!
Find your favorite shows
- Browse and search the interactive program guide with up to 7 days of TV listings
- Set favorite channels to create a personalized program guide
- View detailed program descriptions with color photos and cast information
- Filter the live TV mini-guide by genre, sort by network or program title and quickly recall recently watched channels
Program your DVR or change channels from anywhere*
- Schedule one-time or series recordings and change settings on compatible DVRs
-Change channels using your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch and compatible DVR or cable box
TWC TV offers channel blocking. To learn how to activate parental controls, tap "settings," then parental control. To restrict all access to TWC TV, please remember to sign out by tapping "settings", then sign out.
- Time Warner Cable video package at the Standard (Expanded Basic) level or
- Home WiFi connection for live TV and On Demand programming playback (Customers without Time Warner Cable provided Internet service should contact customer care for setup assistance.)
- WiFi Internet connection for out of home streaming (available only in continental US and Hawaii). Standard data charges may apply.
- Time Warner Cable username and password
- iPad, iPhone (3GS, 4, 4S or 5), iPod Touch (3rd generation or newer) with iOS 5 or higher
*Channels are subject to availability in your area and the video package to which
you subscribe. Not all functions available in all areas. Navigator set-top box or
DVR required; functionality for other set-top box models may vary by area.
What's New in Version 3.5.0
- Continue watching an On Demand show from any mobile device right where you left off
- Stability improvements and minor bug fixes
Less than half the stars because it works less than half the time.
If you believe even for a moment that time warner won't make you want to shatter your iDevice onto cement and curse the very existence of this app, you are WRONG. There are many things wrong with it, from buffering, to crashing, to logouts, to being forced to rewatch commercials because your place is not saved when multitasking, your shows won't always play, if they do, they ALWAYS have a chance of breaking halfway through, I have tried to use this app for over 2 years and it has been a consistent problem. These are only issues NOT related to streaming, or wifi, and airplay, which are separate, MAJOR issues themselves, illustrating perfectly this company's lack of understanding of its customer base and it's great fear of the advances in technology that relate to entertainment. It undoubtedly matches the shoddy internet services they provide.
Computing devices are terrifying things to those at the top of Time Warner Cable. But they know you like computers, so they put together this little science-fair experiment of an app that goes through the trouble of disabling AirPlay, AirPlay Mirroring, HDMI out and any other wired/wireless in-home streaming options.
Why? Paranoia. Fear of the future. Just maybe, it'll be enough to stave off lost fees for their pathetic set top boxes.
Oh, and should you choose to use this app, make sure to turn off AirPlay before playing any videos. While it doesn't support AirPlay, it will nonetheless stream out audio-only while the video plays silently on screen. And if your TV's not on to hear it, you'll be going insane pressing the volume up button wondering if you've lost your hearing.
Still good, but lost ability to search
Despite all the bad reviews, I'm still enjoying the app. It is what it is; a way to watch live and on demand programming on my computer and mobile devices, check my recordings, and have a guide handy where there's no cable box. I am missing the ability to search, though. It went away with the last upgrade. Hopefully, it's just an oversight and will be fixed soon.
It's far from perfect,but so nice to have as a option.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 04, 2014
- Version: 3.5.0
- Size: 19.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- © Time Warner Cable
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.