By Time Warner Cable
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can watch your favorite shows On Demand, watch Live TV and control your TV all from the iPad® and iPhone®!
Turn any room into a TV room*
- If you are a Time Warner Cable video subscriber, the FREE TWC TV® app
turns your iOS device into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming while in your home, through your wireless home network. Watch Bravo from your bedroom, take Food Network with you to the kitchen or catch up on CNBC news from the breakfast table. And now, selected On Demand programming and live TV channels are available for viewing when you are away from home!
Find your favorite shows
- Browse and search the interactive program guide by title, person or sports team
- See every way to watch all on a single page both live and On Demand
- Set favorite channels to create a personalized program guide
- Filter the live TV guide by category, sort by channel number or network name and quickly recall recently watched channels
Control your TV and DVR*
- Schedule and modify DVR recordings
- Manage your DVR – delete recordings individually or by folder. Use your iOS device to play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only)
- Change TV channels on your DVR or cable box with your iPhone or iPad
- Block shows by channel or rating, right on your iOS device. Set-up a PIN and temporarily remove blocks in a snap.
- Time Warner Cable video subscription at Starter TV or higher level
- Home WiFi connection for live TV and On Demand programming playback (Customers without Time Warner Cable provided Internet service should contact customer care for setup assistance.)
- WiFi or cellular data connection for out of home streaming (available only in continental US and Hawaii). Standard data charges may apply.
- Time Warner Cable username and password
- Compatible cable box or DVR for remote control features
- iPad (2 or newer), iPhone (4S or newer), iPod Touch (5th gen or newer) with iOS 9 or higher.
*Channels are subject to availability in your area and the video package to which you subscribe. Not all functions available in all areas. Navigator set-top box or DVR required; functionality varies by model.
What's New in Version 4.3.0
We’ve heard your feedback and are working hard to improve the app. This update includes improvements to our recently updated series page, specifically to make the first watchable episode easier to find. We’ve also fixed a bug where the DVR recording option was not appearing in the correct location. We’ve improved support for SAP (alternate audio) and moved accessibility controls to the player. Finally, we’ve squashed dozens of annoying crash bugs.
New user interface terrible
Long time user of this app, new look and feel is Terrible. Simple searches on channel guide for time and show content can't be done anymore, you get a glorified nonsense that belongs on the on demand section. It take longer to parse through "eye candy" results to get basic info like channel number, time and content. Also performance degraded, constantly getting channel buffering, frozen video, and channel access failures even though net connection is 300MB and smoking fast, looks like streaming servers for popular channels can't handle the user load or bad app design... This app gets worse with every update, which I could reinstall the version from last year. Also Comcast lets you watch you whole channel list of subscribed channel when traveling out of town, time warner only lets you watch a few basic junk channels when off home TWC wifi.... What nonsense, and no one cares mention this to customer service and get no response
This is as close to workable as u are likely to get. Here's the first problem, every few minutes a box pops up saying, "oh we see you are on cellular." You must push Ok. Then it changes to " Oh Welcome home we see you are on WiFI." Then you must push Ok. Then 80% of the time it will not return you to the program you were watching. TRIED to put next to WIFI source still acts up. The "REPORT" box appears regularly and even crashes while reporting the crash.
The Problem you must solve to start with is U must be TWC customer and go to their site and sign up under "My Services" that created user name and password is what will activate the app. Not the password and user name that allows your computer to get on wifi, as I thought originally as many of u did no doubt. Go thru the BS, it's occasionally worth it. YIKES!! All that $$$ and this is the best they can do.
Everything Works Fine
This is one of the best streaming apps on IOS for TWC subscribers.
Stream loads up are fast, image is very sharp in HD and I never have trouble switching to different channels.
I have a great router and decent internet speed so I never have trouble watching Movies, the image never freezes.
Please keep improving/updating this app to make it even better. Thank You.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 15, 2016
- Version: 4.3.0
- Size: 59.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- © Time Warner Cable
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.