By Time Warner Cable
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Charter Communications, Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks are now one company, and soon you’ll get to know us by the name Spectrum. This app is for customers in the former Time Warner Cable service area.
Now you can watch your favorite shows On Demand, watch Live TV and control your TV all from the iPad® and iPhone®!
Turn any room into a TV room*
- If you are a Time Warner Cable video subscriber, the FREE TWC TV® app
turns your iOS device into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming while in your home, through your wireless home network. Watch Bravo from your bedroom, take Food Network with you to the kitchen or catch up on CNBC news from the breakfast table. And now, selected On Demand programming and live TV channels are available for viewing when you are away from home!
Find your favorite shows
- Browse and search the interactive program guide by title, person or sports team
- See every way to watch all on a single page both live and On Demand
- Set favorite channels to create a personalized program guide
- Filter the live TV guide by category, sort by channel number or network name and quickly recall recently watched channels
Control your TV and DVR*
- Schedule and modify DVR recordings
- Manage your DVR – delete recordings individually or by folder. Use your iOS device to play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only)
- Change TV channels on your DVR or cable box with your iPhone or iPad
- Block shows by channel or rating, right on your iOS device. Set-up a PIN and temporarily remove blocks in a snap.
- Time Warner Cable video subscription at Starter TV or higher level
- Home WiFi connection for live TV and On Demand programming playback (Customers without Time Warner Cable provided Internet service should contact customer care for setup assistance.)
- WiFi or cellular data connection for out of home streaming (available only in continental US and Hawaii). Standard data charges may apply.
- Time Warner Cable username and password
- Compatible cable box or DVR for remote control features
- iPad (2 or newer), iPhone (4S or newer), iPod Touch (5th gen or newer) with iOS 9 or higher.
*Channels are subject to availability in your area and the video package to which you subscribe. Not all functions available in all areas. Navigator set-top box or DVR required; functionality varies by model.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.8
• We’ve updated the way Favorites work. Now, when you favorite a channel/network, you’ll be able to access your Favorites on any device or platform.
• Bug Fixes
Used to love this app, then it was updated
Before the December 2016 update I used to be able to watch DVRed shows, and be able to fast forward just as I was able to bus my cable boxes, now if I want to watch the shows that I recorded, I have to watch everything as though I was watching live. I am a surgeon, and it was convenient before, being able to fly through shows (to clear my mind) between surgeries, or between patients when I was doing nothing while On Call. Now I go to the apps of the actual shows, and get a few 15 second commercials every now and then, or one 30 second commercial at the beginning. This site has only been useful if I know I can watch a live TV show without being interrupted, because you can't pause it, like on my cable boxes at home. I am very disappointed with this update. I hope they go back to the previous interface, since this one has left me nonplused.
Don't understand the negative reviews
This is one of the most useful apps ever. I suspect some of the negative reviews might be due to using old technology. My old iPad was performing miserably so I finally bought an iPad Pro. With the new iOS you can watch TV (or other videos of course) as a PIP when you're checking email or whatever. Use your iPad as an extra screen while working out or working on your PC. Many apps were performing poorly on my old iPad, but with the new one I have not experienced any of the issues that others are complaining about. (I also upgraded my router a few months ago to a Tri-band Nighthawk and have the fastest internet speed available here from TWC.)
TWC TV is terrible!
Had to rate it 1 star, cannot leave a zero star review!
TWC TV app for iPad had its problems from the get go, but it used to work; nowhere as well as Xfinity for iPad which is excellent!
However, since Spectrum took over Time Warner the TWC TV app has gotten a million times worse than it used to be! I can only watch it now if I uninstall and reinstall the app every time. The app will not work when you tap the app icon. It is absolutely drive nuts!!! I have spoken with tier/level 3 Time Warner techs about this issue ad nauseum over the last few months with no solution in sight. They just keep repeating the same mantra "We are sorry for the inconvenience, they are working on it". So glad I'm moving out of state soon and I can ditch Time Warner or Spectrum or whatever they call themselves now, and get Comcast instead! Time Warner has the cable monopoly in upstate NY, you can't get Comcast here. :(
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 30, 2016
- Version: 4.8
- Size: 93.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- © 2016 Charter Communications
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.