By Charter Communications
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Charter Communications, Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks are now one company, and you’ll get to know us as Spectrum. This Spectrum TV app is for all customers in all service areas.
Take your Spectrum TV experience with you! Enjoy up to 300 live TV channels and up to 25,000 On Demand TV shows and movies when connected to your Spectrum Internet home WiFi network. Plus, when you're on the go, enjoy up to 120 live channels and up to 17,000 On Demand titles anywhere you have an internet connection. (See note on availability below.)
TURN ANY ROOM INTO A TV ROOM
Your subscription to Spectrum TV turns your device into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming anywhere in your home when connected to your Spectrum Internet home WiFi network. Watch movies from your bedroom, take cooking shows with you to the kitchen or catch up on the news from your breakfast table.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PROGRAMS
- Filter live TV by category, sort by channel number or network name and quickly recall recently watched channels.
- Create a personalized guide by setting favorite channels.
- Search by title, person or sports team anywhere in the app.
CONTROL YOUR TV AND DVR
Depending on your service area and equipment, you can use your phone or tablet to:
- Change TV channels on your Spectrum receiver.
- Record your favorite TV shows and movies.
- Delete and modify DVR recordings individually or by series.
- Play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only).
- Give your Spectrum receivers nicknames to help you know which one you're scheduling recordings on (go to Settings).
SET PARENTAL CONTROLS
When you turn on Parental Controls and set a PIN, you can block shows by channel or rating. You'll need to turn on Parental Controls for each device your household uses, but the channel and rating blocks you set up apply across all devices.
WHAT YOU NEED TO USE THIS APP
- Available programming is based on your Spectrum TV subscription package and whether or not you're connected to a Spectrum Internet home WiFi network.
- A Spectrum username and password are required. If you don’t have one, you can create one at Spectrum.net/login.
- Device requirements: iPhone (4S or newer), iPad (2 or newer) or iPod touch (5th gen or newer) running iOS 8 or above.
We read your reviews and take your concerns seriously, so if you need help, please reach out and send feedback to email@example.com.
NOTE ON AVAILABILITY
We make every effort to offer the same live and On Demand programming that you can watch on your TV, and we frequently add new channels. However, programming restrictions keep us from making every single channel available within the Spectrum TV app. Channel availability also varies by market.
What's New in Version 5.5
As always, we're working to improve your experience by fixing bugs, including:
• Resolving an issue that occurred when switching between your Spectrum Internet home WiFi network and other networks.
• Fixing display issues after resuming On Demand programs using 3D Touch.
It started so well......
As far as functionality goes I love the easily found listings as well as the additional info available for each show. The issue for me is with the live tv streaming function. I have the latest version of the app. I have a full strength signal from my home wifi network as well. When the stream starts it buffers for about 3 seconds, then it starts to play your selected channel, for around 10 seconds. It then gives the message that "channel name hd" is unable to play please select a different channel or try again later. I have been through every single offered channel that is offered and have received the same exact unable to play message each time. I know I have ample download speed, I further know that all elements of this equation are up to date. This app worked 100% merely 2 weeks ago when I initially installed it. It was far better than the previous Charter app that had very low functionality. Please fix your app.
Used to work
All the Spectrum commercials keep telling me how groundbreaking and innovative the company is. I find it somewhat insulting, since they clearly think their clientele is stupid. A company like Time Warner cannot just change its name and magically become something other than terrible. In fact, when this was the Time Warner app, it actually WORKED most of the time.
Now it never works. Not on an iPad, not on a Roku. For weeks now, every time I try to use it, it says, "We're sorry. Something didn't work quite right. Try again later."
Spectrum is the same frustrating, incompetent company it has always been.
Like the app!
I was thrilled to find this app because now I can watch it on my iPad. Channel selections are good and picture is good as well. Draw back is if you watch it for any length of time, I'm talking thirty plus minutes it starts to continually buffer and channels freeze. I will continue to use it because it is great to be able to move around the house and watch tv without having to sit it one room in front of a tv. I'm sure you will work on this problem and find a solution soon. Thanks!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 18, 2017
- Version: 5.5
- Size: 79.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Charter Communications Operating, LLC
- © 2016 Charter Communications
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.