By Time Warner Cable
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Charter Communications, Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks are now one company, and soon you’ll get to know us by the name Spectrum. This app is for customers in the former Time Warner Cable service area.
Now you can watch your favorite shows On Demand, watch Live TV and control your TV all from the iPad® and iPhone®!
Turn any room into a TV room*
- If you are a Time Warner Cable video subscriber, the FREE TWC TV® app
turns your iOS device into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming while in your home, through your wireless home network. Watch Bravo from your bedroom, take Food Network with you to the kitchen or catch up on CNBC news from the breakfast table. And now, selected On Demand programming and live TV channels are available for viewing when you are away from home!
Find your favorite shows
- Browse and search the interactive program guide by title, person or sports team
- See every way to watch all on a single page both live and On Demand
- Set favorite channels to create a personalized program guide
- Filter the live TV guide by category, sort by channel number or network name and quickly recall recently watched channels
Control your TV and DVR*
- Schedule and modify DVR recordings
- Manage your DVR – delete recordings individually or by folder. Use your iOS device to play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only)
- Change TV channels on your DVR or cable box with your iPhone or iPad
- Block shows by channel or rating, right on your iOS device. Set-up a PIN and temporarily remove blocks in a snap.
- Time Warner Cable video subscription at Starter TV or higher level
- Home WiFi connection for live TV and On Demand programming playback (Customers without Time Warner Cable provided Internet service should contact customer care for setup assistance.)
- WiFi or cellular data connection for out of home streaming (available only in continental US and Hawaii). Standard data charges may apply.
- Time Warner Cable username and password
- Compatible cable box or DVR for remote control features
- iPad (2 or newer), iPhone (4S or newer), iPod Touch (5th gen or newer) with iOS 9 or higher.
*Channels are subject to availability in your area and the video package to which you subscribe. Not all functions available in all areas. Navigator set-top box or DVR required; functionality varies by model.
What's New in Version 4.5.3
As always, we’re working to improve your experience by fixing bugs, including:
- Resolved an issue that prevented some people from accessing the On Demand section of the app.
Terrible! Lost Most Channels / Not Loading
0 stars. Channel numbers 2 through 36 all gone. A big chunk of higher number channels are also missing. I can no longer watch ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS, etc. Many channels that were available with On Demand have key locks. Also, On Demand is unavailable a lot of the time.
Latest Update made everything worse. For weeks all Starter TV channels were missing (2-36 ABC, CBS, etc. and many more) But, at least I had the Standard channels that were not also Starter channels. Now, I have nothing. Now it is stuck "Loading."
What did you guys do...
The 3rd to last update has rendered this app useless. The app opens and displays the guide, but it spins the "loading" circle so nothing is displayed. It is a black screen with the circular (loading) spin in the center for any channel that you are on and nothing actually comes on live.
I have tried the app with all of my devices and they all do the same. I have reset and reinstalled. I have even reset my TWC network at home and on their website. Nothing.
Stop updating an app that can't even start correctly.
First I can't watch on demand, then you fix it, now nothing works! Fire 3 of your Indian developers, spend that money to hire one American developer and everything will work first time every Time!
I am so sick of American companies hiring the 31A (or is it 31B) visa developers because (in the words of a former employer they can get 3 of them for the price of 1 American) well, you get what you pay for, then it takes 1 American developer to fix what it took 3 foreign developers to screw up!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 12, 2016
- Version: 4.5.3
- Size: 84.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- © Time Warner Cable
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.