By Time Warner Cable
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can watch your favorite shows On Demand, watch Live TV and control your TV all from the iPad® and iPhone®!
Turn any room into a TV room*
- If you are a Time Warner Cable video subscriber, the FREE TWC TV® app turns your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming while in your home, through your wireless home network. Watch Bravo from your bedroom, take Food Network with you to the kitchen or catch up on CNBC news from the breakfast table. And now, selected On Demand programming and live TV channels are available for viewing when you are away from home!
Find your favorite shows
- Browse and search the interactive program guide
- Set favorite channels to create a personalized program guide
- Filter the live TV mini-guide by genre, sort by network or program title and quickly recall recently watched channels
Control your TV and DVR*
- Schedule and modify DVR recordings
- Manage your DVR – delete recordings individually or by folder. Use your iPhone or iPad to play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only).
- Change TV channels using your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch
- TWC TV offers channel blocking. To learn how to activate parental controls, tap "settings," then parental control. To restrict all access to TWC TV, please remember to sign out by tapping "settings", then sign out.
- Time Warner Cable video package at the Starter TV level or higher. Live TV availability at the Starter Level will vary by area.
- Home WiFi connection for live TV and On Demand programming playback (Customers without Time Warner Cable provided Internet service should contact customer care for setup assistance.)
- WiFi Internet connection for out of home streaming (available only in continental US and Hawaii). Standard data charges may apply.
- Time Warner Cable username and password
- Compatible cable box or DVR for remote control features
- iPad (2 or newer), iPhone (4 or newer), iPod Touch (5th gen or newer) with iOS 7 or higher.
*Channels are subject to availability in your area and the video package to which you subscribe. Not all functions available in all areas. Navigator set-top box or DVR required; functionality varies by model.
What's New in Version 3.7.2
- Bug fixes
Desperate? Ok try this app & we'll see
I called this app the desperation time app because if you're using this app you literally have nowhere else to watch TV or ondemand. If you are using this app you are 1.willing to crash your entire iPhone not just the app. 2. Willing to have your live TV viewing interrupted sporadically for loading and network issues that have nothing to do with your Wi-Fi (by the way this never happens during the commercials only during the best parts of the show). 3. Willing to wait up to five days for your favorite shows to actually hit ondemand so that you might deign to watch them. 4. Willing to suffer through unpredictable "service outages". 5. Willing to watch things that are recorded on a highly overused and underrated hard drive that hasn't been replaced (or even serviced) in15 years.
So ask yourself, how desperate I am I?
This tends to freeze. TW restricts the user to their home WiFi which greatly reduces the value of the app; why do I need an app for this when I have a full size television? Lately, upon login it notices that I am on wifi. My device is always on wifi. It suddenly misidentifies my home network so it denies me access to the content I am paying to use. This ridiculous problem has persisted across updates. It should not matter what WiFi network I am using in the first place, I am paying for the content. The fact that I am on the same network that they misidentify is maddening.
Updates remove the password, requiring the user to re-enter (look it up) before using the service he has paid to use.
Apps like this demonstrate why so many people are dropping cable. Costs keep rising and service gets worse.
App always worked good for me.
This application works wonderful for me I am using the iPhone 6plus with iOS 8.1.2. I have to say this application always work great for me, although it always gets bad reviews. I cannot say great things about Time Warner cable TV as a Whole!! Especially the way the cable boxes are programmed it's unbelievable it's like the blind programmed The cable boxes!! So many defaults with Time Warner TV!! I can go on and on for hours. But this isn't the place to do it. I only have timewarener because it's included with my maintenance in my building.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 24, 2015
- Version: 3.7.2
- Size: 23.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- © Time Warner Cable
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.