By Time Warner Cable
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can watch your favorite shows On Demand, watch Live TV and control your TV all from the iPad® and iPhone®!
Turn any room into a TV room*
- If you are a Time Warner Cable video subscriber, the FREE TWC TV® app turns your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming while in your home, through your wireless home network. Watch Bravo from your bedroom, take Food Network with you to the kitchen or catch up on CNBC news from the breakfast table. And now, selected On Demand programming and live TV channels are available for viewing when you are away from home!
Find your favorite shows
- Browse and search the interactive program guide
- Set favorite channels to create a personalized program guide
- Filter the live TV mini-guide by genre, sort by network or program title and quickly recall recently watched channels
Control your TV and DVR*
- Schedule and modify DVR recordings
- Manage your DVR – delete recordings individually or by folder. Use your iPhone or iPad to play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only).
- Change TV channels using your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch
- TWC TV offers channel blocking. To learn how to activate parental controls, tap "settings," then parental control. To restrict all access to TWC TV, please remember to sign out by tapping "settings", then sign out.
- Time Warner Cable video package at the Starter TV level or higher. Live TV availability at the Starter Level will vary by area.
- Home WiFi connection for live TV and On Demand programming playback (Customers without Time Warner Cable provided Internet service should contact customer care for setup assistance.)
- WiFi Internet connection for out of home streaming (available only in continental US and Hawaii). Standard data charges may apply.
- Time Warner Cable username and password
- Compatible cable box or DVR for remote control features
- iPad (2 or newer), iPhone (4 or newer), iPod Touch (5th gen or newer) with iOS 7 or higher.
*Channels are subject to availability in your area and the video package to which you subscribe. Not all functions available in all areas. Navigator set-top box or DVR required; functionality varies by model.
What's New in Version 3.7.2
- Bug fixes
App always worked good for me.
This application works wonderful for me I am using the iPhone 6plus with iOS 8.1.2. I have to say this application always work great for me, although it always gets bad reviews. I cannot say great things about Time Warner cable TV as a Whole!! Especially the way the cable boxes are programmed it's unbelievable it's like the blind programmed The cable boxes!! So many defaults with Time Warner TV!! I can go on and on for hours. But this isn't the place to do it. I only have timewarener because it's included with my maintenance in my building.
More Channels over WiFi
TWC doesn't allow all your channels that you pay for on Wifi, unless you have their internet through them. If you have a separate carrier, you only get 2-3 channels over wifi. They do provide a modem for those channels, but that's to stream by way of switching to their modem to actually watch, rather then over any wifi connection that they promote. You're not really watching TV from anywhere. I believe that if you're to advertise TV anywhere, all channels should be available on any wifi network, weather they provide your internet or not. They shouldn't limit channels. I think adding the modem, is ridiculous. Add more channels over wifi, so we can watch anywhere. Don't false advertise.
PRET-TY HORRIBLE 👎👎👎👎
⚠️ WARNING: This app is not good at ALL. ⚠️
After the initial blistering review I initially gave the latest addition of this app, I find that it has been slightly improved. However it is still very unsatisfactory.
Although the app no longer freezes constantly, it is still quite awkward to refresh since the last major update of the app. So this function is now much worse than it was, which gives me the distinct impression that TWC does not want us watching their app for too long.
Also, I am completely disgusted to find that the latest “improvement” of this app entails removing WLIW (PBS), which I used to watch on a daily basis. Since then enjoyment of the app has largely diminished.
Finally, a word to anyone who likes to watch late night TV: When watching between 1:00 AM - 4:30 AM, it is a good idea to avoid downsizing the app window (but changing channels is usually fine). Chances are that when you upsize it again, you will find that the TV feed has suddenly become temporarily unavailable, and it could be hours until it is restored. Very frustrating and counterproductive.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 24, 2015
- Version: 3.7.2
- Size: 23.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- © Time Warner Cable
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.