By Time Warner Cable
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can watch your favorite shows On Demand, watch Live TV and control your TV all from the iPad® and iPhone®!
Turn any room into a TV room*
- If you are a Time Warner Cable video subscriber, the FREE TWC TV® app
turns your iOS device into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming while in your home, through your wireless home network. Watch Bravo from your bedroom, take Food Network with you to the kitchen or catch up on CNBC news from the breakfast table. And now, selected On Demand programming and live TV channels are available for viewing when you are away from home!
Find your favorite shows
- Browse and search the interactive program guide by title, person or sports team
- See every way to watch all on a single page both live and On Demand
- Set favorite channels to create a personalized program guide
- Filter the live TV guide by category, sort by channel number or network name and quickly recall recently watched channels
Control your TV and DVR*
- Schedule and modify DVR recordings
- Manage your DVR – delete recordings individually or by folder. Use your iOS device to play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only)
- Change TV channels on your DVR or cable box with your iPhone or iPad
- Block shows by channel or rating, right on your iOS device. Set-up a PIN and temporarily remove blocks in a snap.
- Time Warner Cable video subscription at Starter TV or higher level
- Home WiFi connection for live TV and On Demand programming playback (Customers without Time Warner Cable provided Internet service should contact customer care for setup assistance.)
- WiFi or cellular data connection for out of home streaming (available only in continental US and Hawaii). Standard data charges may apply.
- Time Warner Cable username and password
- Compatible cable box or DVR for remote control features
- iPad (2 or newer), iPhone (4S or newer), iPod Touch (5th gen or newer) with iOS 9 or higher.
*Channels are subject to availability in your area and the video package to which you subscribe. Not all functions available in all areas. Navigator set-top box or DVR required; functionality varies by model.
What's New in Version 4.2.11
Our last release was a biggie! With our new design, we are trying hard to blur the lines between live TV and On Demand to focus on getting you to the content you love as quickly as possible. Some of the new features are performing well. You’ve noticed the incredible improvements we’ve made to search, for example. That makes us happy. In other areas, you’ve told us we need to try again—and we are. For example, it’s still possible to use your iOS device to change channels on your cable box, but you have to scroll to the bottom of the page and select “other ways to watch”. Our next design will improve this and other features, but we’re still working on it.
In the the mean time, we’ve identified a few of the uglier crash bugs and this app update addresses those. This is a step in the right direction, but it won’t address everything. We appreciate your patience and your feedback as we continue to optimize the updated app.
AirPlay not restore
Very disappointed when Airplay is not restore to the latest update version. I can't believe why TWC wants to go back in technology and service. Why put out an app when they don't care for their customer. They did an awesome job putting the effort to improved the app with the AirPlay ability, but after all that effort TWC decided to take AirPlay away from their customer when they have the capability to serve and add value. The company seems unwilling to continue to provide practical feature for their customer to enjoy while other companies are trying to better serve their customer. Why should we stay with TWC??
Used to be good, now terrible
5/18. I just set the app to record a second showing of an episode at a later time (midnight). When I went back to instruct the app not to record the show at the original time it airs, there was no way to do so.
The latest "updates" have made this app cumbersome to manipulate and difficult to use. It used to be user friendly. TW messed with something that worked and is now alienating its users. I read a blurb from TW saying it was continuing to work on improving the app to remedy the glitches that have appeared as a result of their attempts to improve the app. Why not just revert to the app that used to be useful--TW will no longer be TW anyway!
You've done some changes, if anything, your changes are horrid. This app used to be an app where you can stream 'anywhere at anytime of the day'. But I guess not right? If I were to choose a word for this app, I reckon I would choose the word 'unnecessary'. This app now controls your TV from your device, but I honestly don't see the point. There is a old invention called the remote. You should try it sometime. I used to be in my car watching a marathon on PLL, but now I can't do that. I have work I have to do, so why would I want to know when the show is airing, when I can't watch it due to my schedule?
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 11, 2016
- Version: 4.2.11
- Size: 58.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- © Time Warner Cable
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.