By Time Warner Cable
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can watch your favorite shows On Demand, watch Live TV and control your TV all from the iPad® and iPhone®!
Turn any room into a TV room*
- If you are a Time Warner Cable video subscriber, the FREE TWC TV® app
turns your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming while in your home, through your wireless home network. Watch Bravo from your bedroom, take Food Network with you to the kitchen or catch up on CNBC news from the breakfast table. And now, selected On Demand programming and live TV channels are available for viewing when you are away from home!
Find your favorite shows
- Browse and search the interactive program guide
- Set favorite channels to create a personalized program guide
- Filter the live TV mini-guide by genre, sort by network or program title and quickly recall recently watched channels
Control your TV and DVR*
- Schedule and modify DVR recordings
- Manage your DVR – delete recordings individually or by folder. Use your iPhone or iPad to play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only).
- Change TV channels using your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch
- TWC TV offers channel blocking. To learn how to activate parental controls, tap "settings," then parental control. To restrict all access to TWC TV, please remember to sign out by tapping "settings", then sign out.
- Time Warner Cable video subscription at Starter TV or higher level
- Home WiFi connection for live TV and On Demand programming playback (Customers without Time Warner Cable provided Internet service should contact customer care for setup assistance.)
- WiFi Internet connection for out of home streaming (available only in continental US and Hawaii). Standard data charges may apply.
- Time Warner Cable username and password
- Compatible cable box or DVR for remote control features
- iPad (2 or newer), iPhone (4 or newer), iPod Touch (5th gen or newer) with iOS 7 or higher.
*Channels are subject to availability in your area and the video package to which you subscribe. Not all functions available in all areas. Navigator set-top box or DVR required; functionality varies by model.
What's New in Version 4.1.2
- Fixes to improve stability and video quality
- Improved reliability of “watch on TV” option for viewing On Demand shows on a compatible TWC set-top box
Problem with restarting
I get that the app can have issues, freezing or even crashing. Thing is, because you won't allow fast forwarding, when it crashes and forgets that I've already watched part of an on demand show, it makes me watch from the beginning. Highly annoying, if I'm 45 minutes into a show. If you can't get your app to remember where I left off (Netflix can), then at least make it possible for me to fast forward to that part of the show. If you need to make me watch a commercial at that point, I'm OK with that, but I hate having to re-watch three quarters of a show. It may be a first world problem (OK, it definitely is), but it's a customer service / competition problem for you, Time Warner. You don't want me comparing you negatively to Netflix, your $8 competition. As soon as my husband can buy his sports programming elsewhere easily, you lose your remaining hook. Fix this, please!
Why do you corp 500 companies feel the need to constantly update your apps?!? In the beginning this app had some issues, but finally about 4 months ago, the issues were resolved and it's been running perfectly. Today, I went to use the app, but was "FORCED" to update it, even though I did not want to. I hate when that happens -- especially when I know the new version will be worse. The older app version worked much better and was much easier to navigate the TV guide & channel lineup. Also, the new version is navigating slower and it also keeps crashing & telling me to call customer care. I wish all these tech app developers would just chill out for a while and stop playing god in their attempt to improve what does not need improving, when ultimately they're making things worse! Remember this Time Warner: sometimes LESS is MORE period
Wish I hadn't hit Update all
Edit: a day later and it mostly works. I mean, at home. It's still annoyingly mostly useless when not at home (or when it thinks you're not at home). But that won't change. I should likely just change from TWC to Hulu/Netflix. But at least today I don't have to navigate the lousy cable box menus of slowness.
Even though on relatively rare occasion the watch on tv would fail from On Demand, I wish I had that problem back. Because now I have no On Demand at all. Just a black screen. So now I can't watch On Demand on the iPad at all, and have to use the remote all of the time. Skip this one. I dearly wish I had.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 15, 2015
- Version: 4.1.2
- Size: 47.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- © Time Warner Cable
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.