By Time Warner Cable
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can watch your favorite shows On Demand, watch Live TV and control your TV all from the iPad® and iPhone®!
Turn any room into a TV room*
- If you are a Time Warner Cable video subscriber, the FREE TWC TV® app
turns your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming while in your home, through your wireless home network. Watch Bravo from your bedroom, take Food Network with you to the kitchen or catch up on CNBC news from the breakfast table. And now, selected On Demand programming and live TV channels are available for viewing when you are away from home!
Find your favorite shows
- Browse and search the interactive program guide
- Set favorite channels to create a personalized program guide
- Filter the live TV mini-guide by genre, sort by network or program title and quickly recall recently watched channels
Control your TV and DVR*
- Schedule and modify DVR recordings
- Manage your DVR – delete recordings individually or by folder. Use your iPhone or iPad to play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only).
- Change TV channels using your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch
- TWC TV offers channel blocking. To learn how to activate parental controls, tap "settings," then parental control. To restrict all access to TWC TV, please remember to sign out by tapping "settings", then sign out.
- Time Warner Cable video subscription at Starter TV or higher level
- Home WiFi connection for live TV and On Demand programming playback (Customers without Time Warner Cable provided Internet service should contact customer care for setup assistance.)
- WiFi Internet connection for out of home streaming (available only in continental US and Hawaii). Standard data charges may apply.
- Time Warner Cable username and password
- Compatible cable box or DVR for remote control features
- iPad (2 or newer), iPhone (4 or newer), iPod Touch (5th gen or newer) with iOS 7 or higher.
*Channels are subject to availability in your area and the video package to which you subscribe. Not all functions available in all areas. Navigator set-top box or DVR required; functionality varies by model.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
- Addresses iOS 9 related issue
Please listen to your Customers!
I write for a tech blog and have been in the business for many years... So my advice is founded in my observations over the years.
Many companies were initially reluctant to allow apps for theirs services. However, when they released them, sales did not plummet as tons of family & friends piggybacked each other, the opposite occurred! More customers grew happy with the bonuses they received, satisfaction increased and more new customers were drawn in as a result of the appeal...
So instead of worrying about features like AirPlay cannibalizing your customer base or losing you money... Consider this; myself and many customers only have 1-2 rooms that can be wired without having ugly exposed RG6 running EVERYWHERE both inside and out! Many of us have Apple TV's or Roku boxes, or similar. So allow us to AirPlay/stream to these devices from our smart phones and tablets. It won't cause me to share my service with friends, because I'm paying for it and I don't want to risk losing it! All it's going to do is make me a super happy customer that I now have TV in every room! And you don't even have to supply any extra devices to us, we buy the apple tv's & smart tV's etc, so it's win-win for you guys!
Please open these features up and relinquish some of the restrictions in place.
Thank you :)
A step backwards
The original TWC app was just fine. It seems that they opted for a slicker look on the interface than actually thinking about what users really want. The most glaring change (or mess up) is that you can no longer just tap the screen and see the channel list in the side of the screen when in landscape view. You are forced to turn your device to portrait orientation to scroll channel lists--inconvenient.
The second glaring issue is the removal of "recently watched" channels in the channel list. The old app tracked the 4-5 most recently watched channels in your app. This was great if you liked to shuffle back and forth between two shows. But behold, with this new version: POOF! Gone. I thought updates were supposed to improve features not take them away.
So I do use the app. Only because it is the only game in town for now. Argh!
No Apple Air Play/mirroring
Subject speaks for itself. Have a bedroom in the apt that we cannot get a cable run to.. Would love to see Apple AirPlay available for the app! The sound goes over but the video won't play. Just a message on the screen basically saying it's not supported! And ditto on all the other complaints especially not being able to watch all content when not on home wifi.
Let's also talk about the on demand that you have. Have to wait 3 or 4 days before an aired show is available on demand. Sometimes it shows on the faster then on the box, and vise versa. Fortunately if it shows on the phone and not on the box I can at least force it to play on the TV from my phone. This needs to be addressed and programs need to show up quicker in the on demand option. FIX IT all and you'll get much better reviews from your consumers!!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 28, 2015
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 45.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- © Time Warner Cable
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.