By Time Warner Cable
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can watch your favorite shows On Demand, watch Live TV and control your TV all from the iPad® and iPhone®!
Turn any room into a TV room*
- If you are a Time Warner Cable video subscriber, the FREE TWC TV® app turns your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming while in your home, through your wireless home network. Watch Bravo from your bedroom, take Food Network with you to the kitchen or catch up on CNBC news from the breakfast table. And now, selected On Demand programming and live TV channels are available for viewing when you are away from home!
Find your favorite shows
- Browse and search the interactive program guide
- Set favorite channels to create a personalized program guide
- Filter the live TV mini-guide by genre, sort by network or program title and quickly recall recently watched channels
Control your TV and DVR*
- Schedule and modify DVR recordings
- Manage your DVR – delete recordings individually or by folder. Use your iPhone or iPad to play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only).
- Change TV channels using your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch
- TWC TV offers channel blocking. To learn how to activate parental controls, tap "settings," then parental control. To restrict all access to TWC TV, please remember to sign out by tapping "settings", then sign out.
- Time Warner Cable video package at the Starter TV level or higher. Live TV availability at the Starter Level will vary by area.
- Home WiFi connection for live TV and On Demand programming playback (Customers without Time Warner Cable provided Internet service should contact customer care for setup assistance.)
- WiFi Internet connection for out of home streaming (available only in continental US and Hawaii). Standard data charges may apply.
- Time Warner Cable username and password
- Compatible cable box or DVR for remote control features
- iPad (2 or newer), iPhone (4 or newer), iPod Touch (5th gen or newer) with iOS 7 or higher.
*Channels are subject to availability in your area and the video package to which you subscribe. Not all functions available in all areas. Navigator set-top box or DVR required; functionality varies by model.
What's New in Version 3.7.2
- Bug fixes
Doesn't work anymore!!!
It is June 30th and for the last three weeks the TWC app won't even open on our devices anymore and the problem is not our internet because everything else works fine. Now it says try again later and if this problem persists contact customer support. If this problem persists, TWC will lose customers. The Dish Network App "Dish Anywhere" has 4 stars out of 5. UVerse used to have 1.5 stars but they have turned things around and now have 3 stars out of 5. TWC has 2 out of 5 (last place). I know who I am calling. This app not working was the last straw for us for a company that claims you can do things when really you can't. Even when it was working, tv on the go wasn't really what they made it out to be (deceitful), it only works at your home (some of the time), you don't get all the channels you pay for on your device either, and on demand shows won't always play (unreliable). Bottom line is...customers are sick of it and with the power of reviews...word of mouth is spreading like a wildfire! I hope someone from TWC is reading these reviews and wakes up! If I could give ZERO stars I would!
Problem with restarting
I get that the app can have issues, freezing or even crashing. Thing is, because you won't allow fast forwarding, when it crashes and forgets that I've already watched part of an on demand show, it makes me watch from the beginning. Highly annoying, if I'm 45 minutes into a show. If you can't get your app to remember where I left off (Netflix can), then at least make it possible for me to fast forward to that part of the show. If you need to make me watch a commercial at that point, I'm OK with that, but I hate having to re-watch three quarters of a show. It may be a first world problem (OK, it definitely is), but it's a customer service / competition problem for you, Time Warner. You don't want me comparing you negatively to Netflix, your $8 competition. As soon as my husband can buy his sports programming elsewhere easily, you lose your remaining hook. Fix this, please!
Desperate? Ok try this app & we'll see
I called this app the desperation time app because if you're using this app you literally have nowhere else to watch TV or ondemand. If you are using this app you are 1.willing to crash your entire iPhone not just the app. 2. Willing to have your live TV viewing interrupted sporadically for loading and network issues that have nothing to do with your Wi-Fi (by the way this never happens during the commercials only during the best parts of the show). 3. Willing to wait up to five days for your favorite shows to actually hit ondemand so that you might deign to watch them. 4. Willing to suffer through unpredictable "service outages". 5. Willing to watch things that are recorded on a highly overused and underrated hard drive that hasn't been replaced (or even serviced) in15 years.
So ask yourself, how desperate I am I?
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 24, 2015
- Version: 3.7.2
- Size: 23.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- © Time Warner Cable
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.