By Time Warner Cable
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Charter Communications, Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks are now one company, and soon you’ll get to know us by the name Spectrum. This app is for customers in the former Time Warner Cable service area.
Now you can watch your favorite shows On Demand, watch Live TV and control your TV all from the iPad® and iPhone®!
Turn any room into a TV room*
- If you are a Time Warner Cable video subscriber, the FREE TWC TV® app
turns your iOS device into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming while in your home, through your wireless home network. Watch Bravo from your bedroom, take Food Network with you to the kitchen or catch up on CNBC news from the breakfast table. And now, selected On Demand programming and live TV channels are available for viewing when you are away from home!
Find your favorite shows
- Browse and search the interactive program guide by title, person or sports team
- See every way to watch all on a single page both live and On Demand
- Set favorite channels to create a personalized program guide
- Filter the live TV guide by category, sort by channel number or network name and quickly recall recently watched channels
Control your TV and DVR*
- Schedule and modify DVR recordings
- Manage your DVR – delete recordings individually or by folder. Use your iOS device to play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only)
- Change TV channels on your DVR or cable box with your iPhone or iPad
- Block shows by channel or rating, right on your iOS device. Set-up a PIN and temporarily remove blocks in a snap.
- Time Warner Cable video subscription at Starter TV or higher level
- Home WiFi connection for live TV and On Demand programming playback (Customers without Time Warner Cable provided Internet service should contact customer care for setup assistance.)
- WiFi or cellular data connection for out of home streaming (available only in continental US and Hawaii). Standard data charges may apply.
- Time Warner Cable username and password
- Compatible cable box or DVR for remote control features
- iPad (2 or newer), iPhone (4S or newer), iPod Touch (5th gen or newer) with iOS 9 or higher.
*Channels are subject to availability in your area and the video package to which you subscribe. Not all functions available in all areas. Navigator set-top box or DVR required; functionality varies by model.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.10
We update our app regularly to enhance performance and fix bugs. Download the update to enjoy the latest and greatest version of TWC TV!
Pretty frustrating app
When it works, the app is just fine for watching TWC provided shows. BUT it drops the network connection pretty often (even when the phone near the router); when it reconnects, it automatically starts playing the Aspire network, regardless of what channel was playing before. The "Live" menu only lists a few channels. "Guide" opens in the 200 channel number so it takes a lot of scrolling to get to channels I use (below 50 mostly). Even then, shows listed will not necessarily play.
When it works it is great, but it is frustrating nearly half the time I'm trying to use it.
Horrible, Horrible, Horrible
Why is it that with every update your app gets worse? Why do you have to keep logging back on every time you come back to the app on my iPad in my own house? If I'm watching a program, why does it go to sleep or shuts down? Then you have to start the login process again. This update bites big!
Again now the channels that I watch on my iPhone/iPad are "not available at this time" because I'm on wifi. Seriously??? That's ridiculous. Why am I paying too much money for service I am not receiving? TWC/Spectrum you guys need to get your act together or you are going to lose customers. You should get zero stars!
Hasn't worked in a long time.
This app hasn't worked correctly for over 6 months. New iPhone, updated iOS, uninstalled/reinstalled app multiple times, called time warner/spectrum and no luck, clueless employees. When home on my home wifi I only get a limited number of channels. Same with my iPad. And they're mostly crap ones. And when viewing outside home on wifi or using cell data the freakin thing always freezes.
Don't believe them when they advertise how you can watch tv on you mobile devises. I guess technically you can watch a few channels.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 10, 2017
- Version: 4.10
- Size: 93.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- © 2016 Charter Communications
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.