By Time Warner Cable
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can watch your favorite shows On Demand, watch Live TV and control your TV all from the iPad® and iPhone®!
Turn any room into a TV room*
- If you are a Time Warner Cable video subscriber, the FREE TWC TV® app
turns your iOS device into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming while in your home, through your wireless home network. Watch Bravo from your bedroom, take Food Network with you to the kitchen or catch up on CNBC news from the breakfast table. And now, selected On Demand programming and live TV channels are available for viewing when you are away from home!
Find your favorite shows
- Browse and search the interactive program guide by title, person or sports team
- See every way to watch all on a single page both live and On Demand
- Set favorite channels to create a personalized program guide
- Filter the live TV guide by category, sort by channel number or network name and quickly recall recently watched channels
Control your TV and DVR*
- Schedule and modify DVR recordings
- Manage your DVR – delete recordings individually or by folder. Use your iOS device to play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only)
- Change TV channels on your DVR or cable box with your iPhone or iPad
- Block shows by channel or rating, right on your iOS device. Set-up a PIN and temporarily remove blocks in a snap.
- Time Warner Cable video subscription at Starter TV or higher level
- Home WiFi connection for live TV and On Demand programming playback (Customers without Time Warner Cable provided Internet service should contact customer care for setup assistance.)
- WiFi or cellular data connection for out of home streaming (available only in continental US and Hawaii). Standard data charges may apply.
- Time Warner Cable username and password
- Compatible cable box or DVR for remote control features
- iPad (2 or newer), iPhone (4S or newer), iPod Touch (5th gen or newer) with iOS 9 or higher.
*Channels are subject to availability in your area and the video package to which you subscribe. Not all functions available in all areas. Navigator set-top box or DVR required; functionality varies by model.
What's New in Version 4.4.0
•iPhone 6s users: You can now use Quick Actions with 3D Touch on our app icon to do things like instantly start watching the last channel you were on or continue binging on your last On Demand series.
•As always, we’re working to improve your experience by fixing bugs.
Why Lie to your customers
I expressly inquired about being able to stream through my Apple TV, using this app, since I have no need for Roku. Didn't want both. "Why yes, you can begin immediately." said the service rep. Well, no you can't- not available on Apple TV. Lies lies lies....
And when trying to respond to the customer service inquiry, I tried to give the rep a 6 (still a high number considering, but it wouldn't take it. tried a 7, no dice, but when I pushed 8 (really just wanting to see what would happen... wouldn't you know it... it accepted it. So yeah... makes one realize what you are dealing with with this company.
This is interesting. Although I'm not surprised in the slightest.
I keep getting a message that says, we see you're on Wi-Fi. The full channel lineup will return when You get back home. Or something to that effect. But here's the interesting part. I'm using my home Wi-Fi network, and I've never left my house while using this app, and I have no need to. Nothing is available out of the house anyhow, but it doesn't matter as the app thinks that I'm always away from home. I'm unsure what's wrong with this, but please fix this issue. Thank you.
It gets worse...
If it wasn't so pathetic, this would actually be funny...
Not content with removing the ability to use AirPlay, TWC messed up the UI, the search function, the unnecessary graphics impeding basic functionality. But this wasn't enough for these incompetents: now they have reduced playback quality to what appears to be standard definition.
Each version gets worse; I guess that TWC really wants to cling on to their annual award for being one of the worst companies in the US.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 20, 2016
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 59.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Time Warner Cable Inc.
- © Time Warner Cable
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.