Tweetbot 4 for Twitter
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Tweetbot is a wonderful Twitter client that’s powerful and a joy to use. Sync your timeline across your iPhone, iPad, and Mac (Tweetbot for Mac also available in the Mac App Store). Mute tweets by users, hashtags, tweet sources, or keywords (including regex). 3rd Party support for image, video, read later, and timeline sync services. Tweetbot also has all the features you’d expect in a full-featured Twitter client like lists and direct messages, and others you wouldn’t like the statistics view, a night theme for low-light reading, and much more.
What’s New in Version 4:
- iPad Support (Universal)
- Landscape Support on iPhone and iPad
- New Statistics and Activity View.
- New Column View in Landscape on iPad and the iPhone 6+
- Split View Multi-tasking on iPad
- More Granular Mute Filter Settings
- Quick Reply from Notifications
- Safari View Controller with Support for Content Blockers
- Improved User Profiles
- Improved Status Detail
- Refreshed User Interface
- Many Optimizations Under the Hood
Statistics and Activity View.
Enjoy keeping track of how popular your tweets are or how many new followers you get each day? Fall in love with the new Statistics view. Watch your tweets get faved and retweeted in real time (on a WiFi network), and see your daily global activity graph grow over the last 7 days. See all of the recent activity happening on your account in real time on the Activity view. Watch people follow, mention, retweet, fave, and quote you live.
Column View on iPad and iPhone 6+.
Tweetbot just got a lot more powerful with the new column view. Just rotate your iPad or iPhone 6+ to landscape and have a column dedicated to a list, search result, mentions, statistics, or activity stream.
Other Notable Features:
- Support for 3rd party services
- Add multiple accounts
- Powerful mute filters
- Push notifications
- Customizable navigation (iPhone)
- Save and edit tweet drafts
- Edit and view lists
- Wi-Fi timeline streaming
- Timeline sync across multiple devices
- Night theme for low-light reading
- Smart gestures to quickly access tweet details, reply, retweet and favorite.
- Status display customization
What's New in Version 4.8
- If you accidentally tap the status bar and scroll to the top of your timeline, you can now tap it again to return to your last read location.
- Better line spacing in Tweets that contain emoji.
- Better support for new iOS 11 Arabic font.
Best. Twitter. App. Ever.
I’ve tried all of the mainstream (and some not so mainstream) Twitter apps since 2010. Then Tweetbot launched in 2011 and I’ve been using it ever since. Tweetbot always keeps my place between devices. It supported 280 character tweets the day after Twitter made them available to everyone. And now, if I accidentally tap on the status bar (which I’ve done before) and zoom past all of my unread tweets, I can just tap the status bar again. Not only does this bring me back to where I left off, it also restores the unread count in the upper right hand corner.
Best Twitter App Bar None
I’ve loved and used Tweetbot for years and years, but am writing to express my extreme gratitude for the “jump back from the top to where you were in the timeline” feature because it’s so wonderful. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been facing 300+ tweets and then accidentally tapped the top of the screen. Finding my place was always a pain. Now I don’t have to worry any more, tried it out (400+ tweets behind) and it instantly took me back to my place. Thanks Paul and team!
Needs more features and fixes
• Can’t add more than 15 Twitter accounts (making it useless for social media managers who maintain many companies and products)
• Nobody wants FavStar to see likes on tweets. Just show us who liked it.
• No way to read full text of Instagram posts because clicking the photo link just shows you the photo and not the full Instagram post.
• Get a new phone and installed a backup of your old iPhone? You need to log into all your accounts again. (Other apps like Echofon don’t do this and make it seamless.)
• If you get a notification and open the app, it’s not obvious which account triggered it.
• Watching a video link and adjusting the volume gives you TWO volume indicators.
• Have an iPhone X? The home bar indicator will stay on screen forever...even covering video.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 16, 2017
- Version: 4.8
- Size: 13.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Tapbots
- © 2012-2017 Tapbots LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.