TweetDeck by Twitter
By Twitter, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
TweetDeck makes it easier for publishers, marketers and power users to track the real-time conversations they care about. It brings more flexibility and insight to power users through a customizable layout that lets you keep up with the people and topics that matter most to you. And, you can join the conversation by tweeting, sharing photos and links to news stories, and more.
What's New in Version 3.8.4
- Fixes issue with empty columns after computer wakes from sleep.
- Regional + City level Trends. You can now find locally trending topics for Regions and Cities, and add a column based on the trend.
- Retweeting a Tweet with emoji no longer scrambles Tweet contents
- Removing time from a scheduled tweet now removes that Tweet from the Scheduled column.
- Multiphoto inprovements for large columns
A few bugs
Overall a good experience but fixes that should be made:
1. In my notifications column it does not list when someone "retweets a tweet that I was mentioned in.” To see these, I have to login to my Twitter account online (Safari).
2. I have several columns for specific users that I track individually. In these columns it only shows their tweets or responses to tweets. But does not show any tweets that they retweet. I have even made sure that in the settings for that column, the “content” tab is selected on “any” and retweets is set to “included”. So there is an issue with this feature.
One of the best but it could be better
I love the column listing and the option to schedule tweets in advance (although there is not option to retweet someone in advance, not without modifying the tweet).
What would made this better is first and foremost, highlighting in the timeline those tweets in which I’m mentioned (show them in a different color to stand up). Also the notificatin column seems to work according to the Moon phases. At last, the spelcheck is a source of frustration and hilarity.
Overall it is my client of choice.
This is like half a decade out of date. It often needs to open Safari to view pictures. I can’t figure out how to change accounts. iPhone app is way better. It’s annoying when you click on a user that it doesn’t show you their tweets, but makes you click on “USER” for some reason and then displays a list of your accounts next to their tweets. Although clicking on one of our twitter accounts doesn’t let you tweet to that user from the account you clicked, it instead just shows you your own tweets.
This app is just really neglected.