Tweetings is a Twitter client for the iPad
With a feature set the same as Tweetings for iPhone, but specifically designed to take advantage of the extra space on your iPad screen.
It has an extensive feature list including lists, push, geolocation and syncs your timeline with your Mac or iPad!
Follow your friends tweets, share your photos & videos, view conversations, who's nearby and find out what's trending at the moment.
- Drag and drop support. Drag images to the New Tweet screen to post them to Twitter with iOS 11
- Inline photo viewing & view your timeline in photos, including Animated Gif support
- Instant push notifications for direct messages, @ mentions, when you are retweeted or favorited with highly customisable options
- Mute users, hashtags and more
- Edit tweets. Made a mistake, edit your tweet quickly and easily
- Streaming allows you can set your tweets and DMs to show up instantly without you needing to refresh!
- Timeline sync to keep your location and read tweets in sync across multiple devices and platforms. Even supports TweetMarker service
Some of the key features
- Manage unread tweets
- Display any user's tweets, mentions and favourites
- Conversation view
- Multiple image support
- Pulldown to refresh timelines
- Search timeline
- Gap detection
- Customisable Retweet format including new style Twitter Retweet
- Upload pictures from your images or take one with the iPad camera. Support for Twitter, yFrog, Twitgoo, MobyPicture and more
- Record and upload audio
- GeoLocation support at Tweet level
- View your contact list when composing and select between public reply or direct message with autocomplete
- Tweet what you are currently listening to on your Music player
- Schedule a tweet
- Hashtag & drafts manager
- TwitLonger & Twtmore support
- Shorten URLs
- Fleksy keyboard support
- Find nearby Tweeters on map or list
- In built map location viewing
- User search
- Browse your friends and followers, their tweets, favorites and more
- Block/unblock users
- Instapaper, Pocket & Readability support
- Save images to your photo library
- Translate tweets
- Twitter list support
- Create & subscribe to lists
- Add users to lists
- Instant push notifications for Mentions and DMs
- Multiple accounts
- Mobilizer support
- Exclusion filter - now you can filter out annoying tweets
- Save searches
These are just a selection of features, to find out more go to http://tweetings.net/ipad
Due to a change in Twitter's rules, users and therefore also apps are no longer allowed to simultaneously post a Tweet from multiple accounts. We've removed this feature now to comply with this new rule. You can still post from another account from the compose screen, just not multiple accounts
Ratings and Reviews
I hated using the standard Twitter app because I could never sync what I read between devices. I tried out Tweetbot but could never get over the ugly design, it felt too much like an anime cartoon.
I decided to give Tweetings a shot on my iPhone first and loved it. It had a simple and clean interface with lots of features. I just downloaded Tweetings HD for iPad and it's great too. It has tons of features and is gorgeous. The only change I would make is to hide the fabric look behind the timeline when you pull to refresh. It seems like this design is similar to the standard Twitter app and that stays a solid white on refresh, which seems cleaner.
Anyway, if you're looking for an amazing Twitter app that is as elegant at Tweetie used to be, Tweetings is the only bet.
I don't feel like typing a long review, but I wanted to make the devs and potential customers aware of issues.
Aside from a lack of polish and weird performance issues that are hard to nail down, the app doesn't handle switching from landscape to portrait when viewing a website from the built-in (UIWebView?) browser, leaving part of the web page unviewable. Also, while it claims to support Tweet Marker, I've enabled it, but it doesn't work between this app and Tweetbot on my iPhone. It saves my last viewed tweet, sure, but the point of Tweet Marker is that I can pick up where I left off on another device/app. It doesn't work. I'm not sure where the issue lies, but since Tweet Marker is the only reason I bought this in the first place, that's annoying.
Also, and this may be personal preference, links in the main timeline should be "clickable". As it stands, one tap on a tweet in the timeline brings up..... a "detailed" view of that tweet. That means I have to tap again to view a link. That's a bad experience, in my opinion. That may be a hold-over from iPhone paradigms, but it needs to die.
I thought this looked like the closest thing to the official Twitter for iPad app, with the sliding panels design. It mostly is, but it's too buggy and quirky to recommend.
No support, can only see 3-4 tweets of a profile at a time, crashes
1) When clicking on app support for iPad I get "Error establishing a database connection."
2) The app has crashed a number of times.
3) I find it VERY annoying that 80% of the screen space of a profile vertically is taken up by a huge description area and only 3-4 tweets can be seen in a small space at the bottom. PLEASE provide a way to collapse the top of the profile so more tweets can be seen at once! OR if there is already a way to do this, please make it clear how to do so. Thanks!
4) I bought the non-HD tweeting and then immediate upgraded to HD. Would like a refund on the original as I found it unusable, which is why I needed to upgrade the HD version.
Please provide a way to contact support. Thanks!
- Richard Hyland
- 53.7 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2010-2018 RBD Solutions Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.