Tweetings is a Twitter client for Mac OS X with an extensive feature list including lists, exclusion filters, TwitLonger, GeoLocation and syncs your timeline with your iPhone or iPad!
Follow your friends tweets, share your photos, view conversations and keep your followers up to date.
Some of the key features
- Live, real-time, updates to your home timeline, mentions and direct messages
- Display any user's tweets, mentions and favourites
- Conversation view
- Gap detection
- View twitter lists
- Sync timelines across other devices using Tweetings
- Inline image display
- Exclusion filters - Filter Tweets by keywords or screen names
- See who retweeted you are who you retweeted
- View your sent tweets
- View the mentions on any user
- Auto refreshing timeline
- Unread badge on dock icon
- Highlights: never miss a tweet matching a word or phrase
- Read it later and instapaper support for links
- Open links in the background so you don't lose your place in your timeline
- Customisable ReTweet format including new style Twitter ReTweet
- Upload pictures with support for Pic.Twitter, Twitpic, yFrog, Twitgoo, MobyPicture, TweetPhoto, Posterous and more
- Upload video
- GeoLocation support at Tweet level
- TwitLonger support when 140 characters just isn't enough
- Shorten URLs with bit.ly, tinyurl, is.gd and more
- Schedule tweets within a 15 minute period
- Post to Facebook
- #nowplaying from iTunes
- Multiple accounts
- Sound notifications
- Growl notifications
- Status bar icon
- Customisable font size
- Bookmarklet support
- Global shortcut keys
- Auto-refresh timer customisation
- Search twitter
- Save searches
A number of updates for retina displays and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Stylish but crashy
This is a stylish app with lots of functionality, but it’s hard to use because it crashes often. And can someone explain to me how to post a tweet from this app? When I press the @ symbol, the users list comes up, but then after that it is so bizarre. I simply can’t post a tweet. KInda useless.
out of date, and about a year behind
The app is a year behind, does not support the new twitter api changes that are out and over all is a slow experience for the blind, I personally would no recommend this app to anyone. I'm requesting a refund for said app post haste. I normally do not leave 1 star reviews, but I'm saying it like it is..
the app keeps crashing
i don’t know what’s wrong with this app….
i purchased the app for $2.99 to use it on my macbook but lately the app keeps crashing. i think it’s a waste of money even if ti was 3 dollars, unless a fix is made. i’ll keep following updates if this case is resolved.
- Richard Hyland
- 2.8 MB
- Social Networking
OS X 10.6 or later
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2010-2014 RBD Solutions Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.