Tweetings for Twitter
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Tweetings is a Twitter client for Mac OS X with an extensive feature list including lists, exclusion filters, TwitLonger, GeoLocation and syncs your timeline with your iPhone or iPad!
Follow your friends tweets, share your photos, view conversations and keep your followers up to date.
Some of the key features
- Live, real-time, updates to your home timeline, mentions and direct messages
- Display any user's tweets, mentions and favourites
- Conversation view
- Gap detection
- View twitter lists
- Sync timelines across other devices using Tweetings
- Inline image display
- Exclusion filters - Filter Tweets by keywords or screen names
- See who retweeted you are who you retweeted
- View your sent tweets
- View the mentions on any user
- Auto refreshing timeline
- Unread badge on dock icon
- Highlights: never miss a tweet matching a word or phrase
- Read it later and instapaper support for links
- Open links in the background so you don't lose your place in your timeline
- Customisable ReTweet format including new style Twitter ReTweet
- Upload pictures with support for Pic.Twitter, Twitpic, yFrog, Twitgoo, MobyPicture, TweetPhoto, Posterous and more
- Upload video
- GeoLocation support at Tweet level
- TwitLonger support when 140 characters just isn't enough
- Shorten URLs with bit.ly, tinyurl, is.gd and more
- Schedule tweets within a 15 minute period
- Post to Facebook
- #nowplaying from iTunes
- Multiple accounts
- Sound notifications
- Growl notifications
- Status bar icon
- Customisable font size
- Bookmarklet support
- Global shortcut keys
- Auto-refresh timer customisation
- Search twitter
- Save searches
What's New in Version 3.0.0
A number of updates for retina displays and bug fixes
Stylish but crashy
This is a stylish app with lots of functionality, but it’s hard to use because it crashes often. And can someone explain to me how to post a tweet from this app? When I press the @ symbol, the users list comes up, but then after that it is so bizarre. I simply can’t post a tweet. KInda useless.
the app keeps crashing
i don’t know what’s wrong with this app….
i purchased the app for $2.99 to use it on my macbook but lately the app keeps crashing. i think it’s a waste of money even if ti was 3 dollars, unless a fix is made. i’ll keep following updates if this case is resolved.
A very useful Twitter client that works (updated) does not work anymore
This Twitter app for Mac OS X gets the job done with an ample amount of options. I can schedule tweets to post at a different time. I can save tweets to read later. I can post to Facebook, selectively. I can easily view others profile with a click. I haven't had any problems or issues with any of the functions. The apps syncs with the other Tweetings apps (iOS and KitKat). Everything works.
The design isn’t going to blow you away. For the minimalist type, Tweetings' style is probably idea. Basically, this is an app for twitter users who wants a lot of power functions. There are things I hope is added later on, however.
I’d love to see columns (like Tweetings HD for iPad has) in the next update. I’d also like to see conservations easier to view. In this app you have to click on the very small talk bubbles. It is very hard to click and locate. Clicking the tweet and having it go into some kind of details mode would be easily. Other than that as of now Tweetings is still a go-to app for the Mac OS X. Hands down Tweetings is a 4.7 app.
Now only if the iOS version was up to par.
Update: the app has started crashing and laging a lot. Some time I can’t get it to start up because it crashes immediately. I haven’t changed anything on my MacBook Pro or done anything different. C’mon Tweetings get it together. Lowering score until issue is addressed.
Update: This app will not open at all now. It immediately closes when I attempt to open.