Tweetings is a Twitter client for the iPhone.
It has an extensive feature list including lists, push, geolocation and syncs your timeline with your Mac or iPad! Deeply customizable and yet friendly.
Follow your friends tweets, share your photos & videos, view conversations, who's nearby and find out what's trending at the moment.
- Send a new Tweet using Siri
- Apple Watch support. View your home timeline, mentions, direct messages, compose new tweets, tweet what you're listening to, reply and retweet
- Instant push notifications for direct messages and @ mentions
- Inline photo viewing & view your timeline in photos, including Animated Gif support
- Support for both Twitter's new reply format and the old legacy reply format
- 3D touch support such as Peek & Pop support on iPhone 6s, 7, 8 and X, Spotlight search for your friends on Twitter and Quick Action support
- Mute users, hashtags and more. You can also muffle users, they aren't muted but show less prominently in the timeline
- Edit tweets. Made a mistake, edit your tweet quickly and easily
- Timeline sync to keep your location and read tweets in sync across multiple devices and platforms. Even supports TweetMarker service
- Facial recognition, will find faces in image previews and try to ensure they are visible on the screen
- iOS 11 and 3D Touch quick actions
- Post and search for animated gifs using Giphy
Some of the key features
- Manage unread tweets
- Display any user's tweets, mentions and likes
- Conversation view
- Multiple image support
- Pulldown to refresh timelines
- Search timeline
- Gap detection
- Automatic switching to dark or dusk themes based on time of day
- Customisable Retweet format including new style Twitter Retweet
- Upload pictures from your images or take one with the iPhone camera
- Record and upload audio
- GeoLocation support at Tweet level
- View your contact list when composing and select between public reply or direct message with autocomplete
- Tweet what you are currently listening to on your music player
- Schedule a tweet
- Hashtag & drafts manager
- TwitLonger & Twtmore support
- Shorten URLs
- Find nearby Tweeters on map or list
- In built map location viewing
- User search
- Browse your friends and followers, their tweets, likes and more
- Block/unblock users
- Instapaper, Pocket & Readability support
- Save images to your photo library
- Translate tweets
- Twitter list support
- Create & subscribe to lists
- Add users to lists
- Instant push notifications for Mentions and DMs
- Multiple accounts
- Mobilizer support
- Exclusion filter - now you can filter out annoying tweets
- Save searches
These are just a selection of features, to find out more go to http://tweetings.net/iphone
Squashed a number of bugs relating to displaying the maps on Tweets that have had a location attached to them
Ratings and Reviews
Best App for Twitter - Updated (or downgraded)
This used to be a great app for Twitter, but it has lost my vote with the last couple of updates. When reading through the feed, it jumps up and skips several tweets for no apparent reason. You have to try to scroll back down to find where you were. It also does this if you follow a link to an article, etc.; when you go back to the feed, it jumps up again. The app crashes when trying to open a link in safari and it crashes when trying to save an image. Until the bugs get fixed, it’s so annoying to use!
Developer Response ,
Please try enabling TweetMarker to syncronise and remotely store your timeline position
Good looking but needs some work
The app looks great and has a lot of great features, but the timeline skips around without warning. I loaded it and was scrolling through some older tweets when suddenly they disappeared and I was at the top of the timeline. It will also jump up multiple tweets when reloading so I have to scroll back down to read the ones I missed. It has great potential but is frustrating to use at times.
Developer Response ,
Try turning on TweetMarker in the settings for syncing and saving your timeline position across multiple devices
Give it a try
So, I tried out all of the big Twitter clients on my Apple Watch. None of them provided my Twitter feed on said watch. Tweetings not only puts my feed on my Apple Watch, for a small price gives me an add-free Twitter client on my iPhone. It’s easily customizable, easy to use and has some nice features, like the rotating of pictures and video when swiping up or down. I highly recommend this app.
- Richard Hyland
- 56.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2009-2018 RBD Solutions Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.