TwistedWave Audio Editor
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A very easy to use audio editor and recorder.
With TwistedWave, you can:
- Copy and paste your audio,
- Undo/redo instantly,
- Apply effects, such as fade in/out, delay, compressor/limiter, pitch shifting/time stretching, amplify or normalize the audio to a given level, filter to adjust the level of the low or high frequencies,
- Record audio from other applications using Audiobus.
Different file formats and exporting options are available to share your audio:
- WAV, AIFF, CAF, AAC, MP3 and FLAC audio support,
- Import/export audio with iTunes file sharing,
- Import files from the iPod library,
- Send your audio by mail,
- Email a link to an audio file,
- Upload to an FTP or SFTP account,
- Import and export files from/to Dropbox and Box.com,
- Use AudioCopy/Paste to share audio with other applications,
- Send an audio file to another application,
- Browser access to allow downloading and uploading files from/to TwistedWave.
The free "TwistedWave Recorder" application is the same as "TwistedWave Audio Editor", but with the editing and extra export functions available through in-app purchases.
What's New in Version 1.20
- A warning was displayed when editing files on an iPhone 6S,
- The iCloud document picker was broken on iOS 9,
- Added an option to record from bluetooth devices
Straightforward, Intuitive, Versatile, Perfect!
Had a terrible misadventure attempting to use the highly-touted Ferrite app on this iPad Pro; paid the 20 bucks to unlock the "advanced" (poorly labeled) features - only to find a convoluted mess of an incomprehensible UI that an old Analog Audio Production guy like myself can't even begin to make use of without months of dedicated training. Despite my attempts to get a refund for that clearly mistaken purchase, I'm just getting "Radio Silence" from Apple. Guess it'll have to be a tax write-off as a minor bad business investment...
THIS is IT! As Steve would say: "You already know how to use it." Right out of the box, I was importing, editing and processing tracks to my heart's delight in mere seconds. YESSS! You folks really need to better promote how beautifully clean and simple this app is - "I am over the moon" with its thoughtful design and, for me, flawless functionality and performance. Note to all VO professionals: Just get Twisted Wave, and skip the rest. Might as well use Garage Band, if you want to tinker around with complicated multitrack Music Production, or iMovie for audio/video work - I see no advantage to any of the other "Audio Editor" apps I've checked out so far, but as an old reel-to-reel tape editor/production veteran, what do I know?
Now I can finally get back to work, happily. Thanks!
Was Good...but crashed.
I had been using Twisted Wave for almost a year for my voice over work. It was easy to use and I got all my projects in on time. Then, this weekend as I'm trying to edit an audiobook that is due in a couple of days, it crashed. It's still showing that the recording is there, but it won't open. It's also not letting me email any previous recordings I've done. I've tried to contact Twisted Wave support and still have not received a response. If anyone knows of a way to help me retrieve my work or if you know of any other reliable voice recording apps that I can try PLEASE let me know!
This Rocks. Everything needed for audio recording/editing
I use twisted wave on my MBA to record my podcast files. The IOS app is just like the big brother. It is clean, fast and has effects and export options that are second to none. Very good, excellent landscape (thank you, thank you thank you) mode. If you want to record or mess around with audio on IOS, get this.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 12, 2015
- Version: 1.20
- Size: 18.8 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Thomas Thiriez
- © 2015 TwistedWave
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.