By Twitch Interactive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Twitch lets you instantly watch broadcasts of the games you love and chat with the players you follow. Features include:
• Live video of top games, players and events.
• Full-featured chat, including chat-only mode, even if the channel is offline.
• Ability to follow channels and games you wanna keep track of.
• Push notifications when the channels you follow are live.
• A Notification Center widget to see top or followed channels from the lock screen (iOS 8 only).
• AirPlay and Chromecast compatible.
What's New in Version 3.3
• Our new persistent player lets video play while you browse for content.
More than 3 stars? Hardly.
Clearly the people who rate this app more than 3 stars haven't used twitch for a while. There are still missing features that the desktop version has where mobile doesn't. 1. Some streamers that are currently online and streaming will not show up here on the mobile app in your following or games list. Also there is no way to go INTO the channel and watch them on this app either. 2. Twitch uses data if you don't exit the app while viewing a stream. Someone has already fell victim to using up past their data limit and ended up paying an extra $20 to their phone company. 3. Notifications for some streams will occassionally not show up when said person starts streaming.
4. Not all followers show up on the list. It will only show the ones that have lots viewrs or are partners of twitch.
Fix these errors and i'll jump from 3 stars to 5.
Streams continue downloading even when device isn't on or app open
I was watching a stream when I was home using my wifi and continued to watch once it switched to data when I left. Note that I had only been watching for 10 minutes or so. I pressed the home button to close out of the app and pressed the sleep button and stopped using my phone. The phone was still using data at this point. When I checked my phone again 6 hours later, I had exceeded my data limit... Twice as I was being sent a bunch of data usage messages from AT&T. I checked my settings in the cellular section and twitch had used up 3GB. Conclusion? Twitch had still been downloading/streaming in the background even though the app wasn't open and my phone wasn't on. This had made me pass my data limit and my overage limit of 1GB charging $20.
Gamers. This is a must have app for us.
Watch gamers play your favorite games. Broadcast yourself very easily. Watch pro gamers from a whole spectrum of games. Watch tournaments as the best players in the world play for riches and glory. Chat with these pro gamers casually. Watch your buddies play. Check out hot gamer chicks or funny charismatic gamers. It's just fun plain and simple. I've been at the edge of my seat, cried laughing, been flirty, and analyzed other gamers to help my gameplay. For hardcore or casual this app was made for a video game paradise.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 31, 2015
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Twitch Interactive, Inc.
- © 2015 Twitch Interactive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.