By Twitch Interactive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Twitch lets you instantly watch broadcasts of the games you love and chat with the players you follow. Features include:
• Live & recorded video of top games, players and events.
• Full-featured chat, including chat-only mode, even if the channel is offline.
• Ability to follow channels and games you want to keep track of.
• Push notifications when the channels you follow are live.
• A Notification Center widget to see top or followed channels from the lock screen (iOS 8 only).
• AirPlay and Chromecast compatible.
What's New in Version 3.5
• Our multitasking features for iOS 9 lets you do more stuff, all while watching Twitch! This includes new Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture modes.
• When you click on a Twitch link anywhere, you'll be seamlessly redirected to the app instead of our mobile site (iOS 9 users only).
• In this and future versions, AirPlay mode must be enabled from your device's Control Center.
Fun for all
It's a great app for being able to watch streamers anywhere I am at the time. Very helpful to pass down time at work when I get some. Only issue I have (not sure if it's on my end or not) is that at times the images get grainy/fuzzy randomly. It's the same if on my PC, phone, or tablet and same if on Wifi or cell. Sometimes this clears up quick and sometimes it lasts for a long time causing me to stop watching from my eyes hurting. Once in a while I can close the app and restart to fix it but doesn't work most of time. I have even deleted and reinstalled the app but no dice. A side from that love this app and will recommend it to all gamers, just wish we had stuff like this when I was younger.
Does the job and does it with style
This app is a pleasure to use and even in 2015 is a refreshing change of pace from all the me-too look alike or mediocre streaming sites.
Let's get serious here. I've used this app for watching streams and monitoring my own streams when I'm broadcasting, it handles these functions very well and with style. The App is very smooth and seamless in terms of navigation. I am loving it.
The next step would be the integration of all the account editing options and subscriber emojis you have access to when using the desktop site. I am anticipating these updates but the app in its current state is still awesome and fun to use.
Cellular restriction doesn't work，Please fix it
This app is fabulous, but there's only one bug costs me 500MB more. I restrict this app from using cellular, but it still using cellular when wifi is connected, and I have turned off Wi-Fi assist. I only give 4 stars here is to draw your attention. I would have give 5 stars if this issue wasn't that urgent.
Here's the story:
I used twitch when it's only the second day of October, I have turned on wifi, so I don't have to worry about the cellular. But 20 minutes later, I received a message from carrier, it said that I have less than 1G cellular, almost 500MB was used, so I'm in a dilemma when using cellular this month. So sad :(
Wish this review can draw your attention.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 14, 2015
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Twitch Interactive, Inc.
- © 2015 Twitch Interactive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.