By Twitch Interactive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Twitch lets you instantly watch broadcasts of the games you love and chat with the players you follow. Features include:
• Live & recorded video of top games, players and events.
• Full-featured chat, including chat-only mode, even if the channel is offline.
• Ability to follow channels and games you want to keep track of.
• Push notifications when the channels you follow are live.
• A Notification Center widget to see top or followed channels from the lock screen (iOS 8 only).
• AirPlay and Chromecast compatible.
What's New in Version 3.16
In this version, we've made your settings 100% more intuitive and easy to access. Now, instead of going to the iOS settings, you can change your defaults right from within the App! Scroll to the bottom of the left sidebar menu and tap the settings cog to:
* Control background playback
* Change your notification settings
It Does what's expected
This review doesn't need a long drawn paragraph to say it does what's expected. I click on the app, the app allows me to view the content in almost realtime. I streamed myself on twitch using my PS4 and my cellphone. It's like a 30 second delay until you actually see the realtime. I believe this is for the reason how having a smooth play with no buffering. There is no buffering or drop outs. I have not experienced no buffering or pauses since I've used this app. I enjoy watching the content I view. Most of the content I view are games I may want to see before buying, games I wouldn't buy but seem interesting, and games that are in beta or pts. In conclusion, You don't need a long paragraph to tell you this app works.
I Honestly Cannot Take It Anymore!
This app used to work really well but not anymore. Now, streams take forever to initially load. When I Chromecast a stream it never picks up where I left off and ALWAYS starts from the beginning no matter where I'm scrubbed to. If I walk away from the TV and pause a pre-recorded stream that I'm watching, within 5-10 minutes it will disconnect from my Chromecast and continue to play on my phone, thus losing the position I was in (which is truly fun to resolve when combined with the previous issue). The app itself is also blinding at night... I cannot fathom why there still isn't a nightmode. Speaking of missing features, for the love of all that is holy, would you please add rewind/fast-foward controls! Scrubbing is beyond annoyingly inaccurate. Signed, a long time user and and previous big fan of your app.
Good app, some features missing
This app is great if you're on the go and want to watch your favorite streamers. I would like to be able to donate bits from the mobile app if/when I'm unable to be at my PC and would like to see the info such as tip jars, social media links, etc. by clicking a button and scrolling through in place of chat while still keeping the streamer on screen instead of a whole other page. I would also like to be able to manage subscriptions from the app as well. Other than that it's a good app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 08, 2017
- Version: 3.16
- Size: 67.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Twitch Interactive, Inc.
- © 2015 Twitch Interactive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.