By Twitch Interactive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Twitch lets you instantly watch broadcasts of the games you love and chat with the players you follow. Features include:
• Live & recorded video of top games, players and events.
• Full-featured chat, including chat-only mode, even if the channel is offline.
• Ability to follow channels and games you want to keep track of.
• Push notifications when the channels you follow are live.
• A Notification Center widget to see top or followed channels from the lock screen (iOS 8 only).
• AirPlay and Chromecast compatible.
What's New in Version 3.14.3
Bug fixes, stability fixes, and app optimizations
To be honest I don't usually use the app very much - maybe 10 or 15 minutes here and there a few times a week - but I downloaded it anyway so I could watch it at the office when I had some downtime and/or on my lunch break. It was exactly what I wanted… Which was an easy to use, clean GUI for when I'm looking to watch some streams but can't use a computer. The only "complaint" is that there are certain channels where you can't adjust the quality settings; so using it on your phone, and having to use it at a higher quality, means quite a bit of data usage. Not much of an issue for me in particular (as I have 20gb per month) but I could see it being an issue for a lot of people. Other than that I really don't have anything bad to say!
Adore this app
I use the PC version but I'm thrilled to have the mobile version with me when I'm constantly busy. The only side criticism I can give this app is the texting portion. I like that I can still watch the video but as a first time user the text kept covering the video and it took me some time to figure out how to get back to full screen mode. A simple guide for the controls would be nice. And maybe a side by side of the streaming/the text portion so you can see both. Overall, incredible app and no bugs seen. Thanks guys!
Great App, missing things
I've used this app a lot. I mean a lot a lot. Very easy to use, however it's missing a few things I think are very important. For one, there is no way that I've found to get back to watching a stream after entering chat. I just have to exit out of the app and come back in. Secondly, there's no way to sub or donate easily from mobile and that's a little unfortunate. Lastly, and this is more a preference, but I wish they would have a little notification if I'm using data instead of being on wifi. I've had dodgy internet and can rack up a nice phone bill if I'm not being careful.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 22, 2016
- Version: 3.14.3
- Size: 62.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Twitch Interactive, Inc.
- © 2015 Twitch Interactive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.