By Eric Allam
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: Twitfire is for posting to Twitter ONLY. For reading your friends tweets, I recommend Tweetie which I what I use. Again, Twitfire aims to make posting to twitter quick and powerful.
Twitfire makes posting to Twitter.com easy and powerful. Tap, then tweet. Features:
- Take a picture with your camera (on the iPhone) or choose an existing picture from your library and Twitfire will upload it to twitpic.com and insert the URL in your tweet.
- Browse the web and insert links using the built in web browser. Twitfire will automatically shorten the url before inserting it into your tweet using http://is.gd
- Send your current location to Twitter.
- Insert a Google Map url to your current location
- Browse and @ reply your followers
- Shake the iPhone or iPod touch to erase a tweet and start over.
Great App for the specific user it targets
Twitfire works great for people that want something very simple, quick, and easy to use. Its main function is to post to twitter, including pics, location, etc, which it does very well. If you're expecting more, you didn't read the description! No reading status updates through Twitfire, but it provides a handy link that launches Safari. Watch out for this, though, because if you also read statuses via web browser on your computer, strange session/login/logout stuff will happen...you'll find yourself constantly logging in between the computer and Safari.
I love this app BUT...
I wish there was a way I could logout or switch accounts; I recently changed my twitter account name and had to delete and re-intsall twitfire because there was go option to change my login name.
Also, I wish this program had integration with safari so if we had a link open in Safari we could easily just post it as opposed to having to close safari then go into twitfire and search for the page.
Other than that, this program is increaible and I recommend it.
Hope the future updates include some of these suggestions.
Good for quick posting
I use Twitfire to upload pics and update my location on Twitter. Works really well with twitpic. The only complaint I have with the app is that it doesn't post my tweet as the description on twitpic. It leaves it blank. If there was a way to put the text in my tweet before the image URL as the description of the image on twitpic this app would be perfect. Small complaint. Really good app.