By Twitter, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, when it happens in the world, it happens on Twitter first. See all sides of the story. Join the conversation. Watch live streaming events. Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now.
- Watch premium and exclusive live streams directly from your mobile device. No account required.
- Go Live with a tap or sit back and watch events unfold from around the world.
- Discover what your favorite sports, news, politics, and entertainment thought leaders are talking about
- Experience dynamic media — like photos, videos, and GIFs
- Retweet, share, like, or reply to Tweets in your timeline
- Write a Tweet to let the world know what’s happening with you
- See what topics and hashtags are trending now
- Discover Moments, curated stories showcasing the very best of today’s biggest events
- Get caught up on news headlines and videos
- Relive the latest sports highlights
- Be in the know about pop culture and entertainment
- See what fun stories are going viral
- Find out who started following you
- Discover which of your Tweets were liked or Retweeted
- Respond to replies or be alerted to Tweets you were mentioned in
- Chat privately with friends and followers
- Share Tweets and other media
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you
- Customize your profile with a photo, description, location, and background photo
- Look back at your Tweets, Retweets, replies, media, and likes
- Get suggestions on influential people to follow
- Sync your contacts to find friends currently on Twitter or invite more
What's New in Version 7.13.1
We're introducing an easier way to draft and share multiple Tweets at once in a thread so you can see and express more of what's happening.
Twitter Rules & Am I A Robot?
Okay hands down this is my all time favorite social media app. I use it ALL day long and I’ve always loved the concept of Twitter. And that is why I had to give this app all five ⭐️ however recently in the past few days I want to say this past week and a half I’ve been interrupted with a page that says my page has been limited because of a violation of the Twitter Rules. Now I don’t tweet anything vulgar or anything that falls under the rules. I have had to say I’m not a robot and go through an ordeal of clicking all the pictures of “cars” “street signs” and “store fronts” in order to continue back into Twitter. This is very annoying and unnecessary when I have never violated any rules. Not sure if anything triggers it in particular but if I’m not using anyone’s name or brand, posting abusive, hateful or sexual content then I don’t see why I’m being stopped to verify at random every other day sometimes twice in a day. I hope this is corrected or fixed I’ve seen other users complain about the same thing.
Update: I’ve always loved this app. Now. Few things....I want the profile button back at the bottom. I want access to my profile page as well as my lists with one hit of the button not five. Second. Trending. I don’t want things in my trending to be completely local. Or completely national. Why? Bc it’s not always relevant. A few tweets about something local... is neither trending news nor unusual...we know there's a hawks game....okay? Nor (I guess third and lastly) do I want meaningless fluff. Like moments of celebs. That’s not news either.
First review: I'd like better filtering especially for all political words please ;) Also a big deal for me...is the hoops I’ve got to jump through just to get back to my profile. It’s my most used key. I’d like it back on the bottom dashboard. It’s ridiculous that it is so many back pages away to get to my main page. Definitely impedes my experience.
Good app- most things considered.
As an advocate for bipartisan free speech, I am appalled at twitters recent actions as a company. Along with not only spying on their users, cracking down on and/or censoring any voice they don’t like. Which is kind of ironic when you think about it, as a platform built on free speech.
even though twitter has the right to do this as they are a private entity, its still pretty messed up. And if you don’t want to accumulate followers only to be taken behind closed doors and “vaporized” as george Orwell put it, then stay off of this sight.
I rate three stars because this is an app review, not a moral one. Its hard to outline your political views -or any view for that matter- in 140 characters
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 08, 2017
- Version: 7.13.1
- Size: 188 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Twitter, Inc.
- © Twitter, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes