By Twitter, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, when it happens in the world, it happens on Twitter first. See all sides of the story. Join the conversation. Watch live streaming events. Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now.
- Watch premium and exclusive live streams directly from your mobile device. No account required.
- Go Live with a tap or sit back and watch events unfold from around the world.
- Discover what your favorite sports, news, politics, and entertainment thought leaders are talking about
- Experience dynamic media — like photos, videos, and GIFs
- Retweet, share, like, or reply to Tweets in your timeline
- Write a Tweet to let the world know what’s happening with you
- See what topics and hashtags are trending now
- Discover Moments, curated stories showcasing the very best of today’s biggest events
- Get caught up on news headlines and videos
- Relive the latest sports highlights
- Be in the know about pop culture and entertainment
- See what fun stories are going viral
- Find out who started following you
- Discover which of your Tweets were liked or Retweeted
- Respond to replies or be alerted to Tweets you were mentioned in
- Chat privately with friends and followers
- Share Tweets and other media
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you
- Customize your profile with a photo, description, location, and background photo
- Look back at your Tweets, Retweets, replies, media, and likes
- Get suggestions on influential people to follow
- Sync your contacts to find friends currently on Twitter or invite more
What's New in Version 7.13.1
We're introducing an easier way to draft and share multiple Tweets at once in a thread so you can see and express more of what's happening.
Update: I’ve always loved this app. Now. Few things....I want the profile button back at the bottom. I want access to my profile page as well as my lists with one hit of the button not five. Second. Trending. I don’t want things in my trending to be completely local. Or completely national. Why? Bc it’s not always relevant. A few tweets about something local... is neither trending news nor unusual...we know there's a hawks game....okay? Nor (I guess third and lastly) do I want meaningless fluff. Like moments of celebs. That’s not news either.
First review: I'd like better filtering especially for all political words please ;) Also a big deal for me...is the hoops I’ve got to jump through just to get back to my profile. It’s my most used key. I’d like it back on the bottom dashboard. It’s ridiculous that it is so many back pages away to get to my main page. Definitely impedes my experience.
It’s a great app, but needs more.
Twitter is a great social media, over 5 million people use it, but it needs something. An edit button. Lots of people make typos, or spell words incorrectly. They often have to reply, correcting themselves, or just leave it incorrect. I would like to change that. I also think we should be able to make our tweets as long as we want, to put all of our thought into a single tweet, and not make a tweet chain. That is all I want from Twitter, 2 things and I will give it 5 stars.
Please stop the political censoring bias!
1. Please stop censoring Conservative political tweets. Shadowbanning etc.
2. The share tweet to group~DM message to tray - please keep people in the tray lined up in order and not switching around after a tweet is shared with a person/group.
As far as 1. I’ve seen threats of bodily harm, death wishes of political figures, races, and political affiliations go unpunished, but anything remotely conservative, or a meme about liberals, someone gets “triggered” or “offended” and it’s automatically punished with a ban, and forced removal of “offending” tweet.
Twitter as a company should not be in the business of censoring or being politically biased, but then again, the people responsible for monitoring tweets are of a “certain” political/gender fluid/ affiliation.
As far as 2. It’s extremely annoying when you go to share a tweet with certain groups, and/or people, and the icon for the person/group gets moved around after every share causing double posts in some rooms/DM’s..
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 08, 2017
- Version: 7.13.1
- Size: 188 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Twitter, Inc.
- © Twitter, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes