By Twitter, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, when it happens in the world, it happens on Twitter first. See all sides of the story. Join the conversation. Watch live streaming events. Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now.
- Watch premium and exclusive live streams directly from your mobile device. No account required.
- Go Live with a tap or sit back and watch events unfold from around the world.
- Discover what your favorite sports, news, politics, and entertainment thought leaders are talking about
- Experience dynamic media — like photos, videos, and GIFs
- Retweet, share, like, or reply to Tweets in your timeline
- Write a Tweet to let the world know what’s happening with you
- See what topics and hashtags are trending now
- Discover Moments, curated stories showcasing the very best of today’s biggest events
- Get caught up on news headlines and videos
- Relive the latest sports highlights
- Be in the know about pop culture and entertainment
- See what fun stories are going viral
- Find out who started following you
- Discover which of your Tweets were liked or Retweeted
- Respond to replies or be alerted to Tweets you were mentioned in
- Chat privately with friends and followers
- Share Tweets and other media
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you
- Customize your profile with a photo, description, location, and background photo
- Look back at your Tweets, Retweets, replies, media, and likes
- Get suggestions on influential people to follow
- Sync your contacts to find friends currently on Twitter or invite more
What's New in Version 7.12
A few minor updates to make Twitter an even better place.
Bad News and Good News for Twitter. Also, Advice.
The current update has been really messing some accounts over by banning them.
There’s tons of illegal content which is fine to ban but people who speak out against it are being banned? That’s a no.
Tons of racist people are on there but aren’t banned like some innocent people.
I love what you guys done with the tweets so far allowing 280 characters, quoting tweets, and unlimited messaging. If you guys would take my advice and others, and also make the bad news to good, many people on your own site wouldn’t complain! Please put it into thought.
Please remove the likes showing up on the timeline/home menu! It’s gets really especially since we already have retweets on the timeline.
Please, add an ‘edit’ tweet button! Everyone would love to see something like that.
Twitter should have their “stories” at a separate section of the app/site. It’d be interesting to see what you guys could do with that!
2012 - Early 2016 was the best times of my life on Twitter and seeing the site so broken now is unbelievable!
Please change! And thank you for reading.
Longstanding glitches never fixed
I am sick and tired of the glitches with this app. Every time I open it it takes me to a point a few days ago on my feed and I have to scroll all the way to the top to see new tweets. If I close it and open it again, it will take me back to that same old spot no matter how many times I have scrolled to the top. It also constantly shows a notification even though I have none and I have to open and close the app many times to get it to go away. Also telling the app not to show the “in case you missed it” section seems to have no effect because it keeps showing it to me. These are issues I have had with the app for over 2 years at this point and the developers have clearly not bothered to fix them. It is so annoying that I am on the verge of deleting it altogether as it ruins my experience with the app.
Please Be Fair
I’m concerned that someone like Keith Olberman and many others are allowed to freely spew venom and profanity towards and about our sitting President, yet many others are suspended and have their tweets made ‘invisible’ for ‘abuse’ according to Twitter rules. It hasn’t escaped the notice of many users that Conservatives are targeted for this, while enduring constant profanity and abuse from those from the Left. These attacks go unpunished. I can readily site examples if needed, but you know this is true. I really hope to keep using this form of social media, and that we would ALL be put on a fair and even playing field. But you are setting yourselves up for a mass exodus of Tweeters if this doesn’t change.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 17, 2017
- Version: 7.12
- Size: 185 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Twitter, Inc.
- © Twitter, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes