From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, when it happens in the world, it happens on Twitter first. See all sides of the story. Join the conversation. Watch live streaming events. Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now.
- Watch premium and exclusive live streams directly from your mobile device. No account required.
- Go Live with a tap or sit back and watch events unfold from around the world.
- Discover what your favorite sports, news, politics, and entertainment thought leaders are talking about
- Experience dynamic media — like photos, videos, and GIFs
- Retweet, share, like, or reply to Tweets in your timeline
- Write a Tweet to let the world know what’s happening with you
- See what topics and hashtags are trending now
- Discover Moments, curated stories showcasing the very best of today’s biggest events
- Get caught up on news headlines and videos
- Relive the latest sports highlights
- Be in the know about pop culture and entertainment
- See what fun stories are going viral
- Find out who started following you
- Discover which of your Tweets were liked or Retweeted
- Respond to replies or be alerted to Tweets you were mentioned in
- Chat privately with friends and followers
- Share Tweets and other media
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you
- Customize your profile with a photo, description, location, and background photo
- Look back at your Tweets, Retweets, replies, media, and likes
- Get suggestions on influential people to follow
- Sync your contacts to find friends currently on Twitter or invite more
In this latest release, we focused on fixing a few bugs to improve your overall Twitter experience, like making it easier to see more replies to a Tweet, and improving how people using VoiceOver search for people on Twitter.
Ratings and Reviews
We rely on Twitter to help us express our thoughts and keep up with the news. And with Twitter’s Apple TV app (our 2016 App of the Year), we’ve also got a bigger window into current events and topical discussions. From breaking-news tweets to live Periscope feeds—and even Thursday Night Football—the benefits of that little bird are always getting bigger.
Great platform for speech as of 6/5/18
Twitter is very useful as a news source, research avenue, and platform for speech. I completely agree w the decision to not have an edit button, because that complicates when tweets were originally done! A delete button is enough. A user also has the ability to tack on something after, which is annoying, but at the same time, that user (which is often me) was hasty in not proofreading. Furthermore, it overcomplicates everything when there are threaded replies to a tweet. It would make a conversation useless.
Two improvements: First and most importantly, you should be able to have customized filters for your thread where you choose what the filter is called and what users (of the people you are following) constitute that thread. For example, you could follow crypocurrency junkies, politicians, and actors, and you could have a filter for each. You might have a user that fits multiple filters, and can put them in both. So if you were trying to concentrate on something, you could just apply filters. Your normal feed could also have certain people that you follow filtered out, if you only want to see what they have to say under specific circumstances.
The other one would be to automatically make a thread when you go over your character limit. However, I understand not doing this, as it defeats the encouragement to consolidate ideas.
No follower notifications anymore
So in the Twitter app I had it set where I’d get follower Notifications right through Twitter but it seems like I’m not getting them anymore since this update. I’ve tried deleting and re-downloading the app, I’ve tried logging out and logging back into the account. I’ve now turned follower notifications off through Twitter and now I’m receiving them through text messages. This is a real inconvenience for me because I’m so used to getting follower notifications through Twitter. Now, in order for me to know if someone follows me, I have to get them through text messages until you get it fixed where I can receive them through the Twitter app. Notifications are on for Twitter as far as allowing Twitter to send me push notifications. I seem to be getting notifications when people tweet, all of my push notifications seem to be working except for the follower notifications. Getting follower notifications through text messages isn’t a problem it’s just frustrating when I don’t get them through the actual Twitter app. For now, I’ll probably just turn off all notifications through Twitter and receive everything through text messages. I don’t know if I’ll do that or not. I’m just trying to figure out a way to navigate around this problem until it’s fixed. I gave this review four stars because overall Twitter is awesome I’m just having problems with what I previously mentioned.
- Twitter, Inc.
- 179.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Twitter, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.