By Twitter, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, when it happens in the world, it happens on Twitter first. See all sides of the story. Join the conversation. Watch live streaming events. Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now.
- Watch premium and exclusive live streams directly from your mobile device. No account required.
- Go Live with a tap or sit back and watch events unfold from around the world.
- Discover what your favorite sports, news, politics, and entertainment thought leaders are talking about
- Experience dynamic media — like photos, videos, and GIFs
- Retweet, share, like, or reply to Tweets in your timeline
- Write a Tweet to let the world know what’s happening with you
- See what topics and hashtags are trending now
- Discover Moments, curated stories showcasing the very best of today’s biggest events
- Get caught up on news headlines and videos
- Relive the latest sports highlights
- Be in the know about pop culture and entertainment
- See what fun stories are going viral
- Find out who started following you
- Discover which of your Tweets were liked or Retweeted
- Respond to replies or be alerted to Tweets you were mentioned in
- Chat privately with friends and followers
- Share Tweets and other media
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you
- Customize your profile with a photo, description, location, and background photo
- Look back at your Tweets, Retweets, replies, media, and likes
- Get suggestions on influential people to follow
- Sync your contacts to find friends currently on Twitter or invite more
What's New in Version 7.3.2
A few minor updates to make Twitter an even better place.
Go back to before!
This new swipe to the right to bring up your profile is super annoying and incredibly inefficient. Just put the profile icon back in the twitter deck where it used to be. It's stupid to have to slide to the right and click on "profile" just to be able to see your own tweets, favorites, etc. There was literally not one thing wrong with the way it was before. It was faster and better. If I'm reading a conversation and want to chime in or respond, I know have no way of getting to my own profile without leaving the conversation that I currently have up. Before the pointless update I could easily just cloak my profile in the dock and see everything I'd written or favorited, etc. Now the only way to do that is by leaving what you're currently reading/viewing, which isn't even worth it since you won't be able to pick back up where you left off. The new update makes people not even try to communicate with each other for fear of losing where they were in a conversation or thread. It's also tedious, annoying, and unnecessary.
If anything you should have to swipe right to access your DM's, not your own profile. That would've been a much smarter move. But the way you have it now makes people hate using the app because again, it's tedious, annoying, and unnecessary.
Profile Button Needs to Come Back
This business of moving the profile button off-screen is terrible UI / UX; if you're reading a thread of tweets and want to check out your profile for a quick second, nope, forget it! You are now forced to go back out of the thread and lose your place in whatever you were going through just to access your profile. Who thought removing the dedicated profile button was actually a good idea? Removing it has made this app extremely inconvenient. Do the developers even use their own app to know how much removing that one button haa crippled it's functionality and usefulness? This needs to be fixed desperately.
Please bring back the ability to minimize the "In Case You Missed It" & "Who to Follow" sections. They are a waste of a space & sections that I don't care about. They take away space from the current tweets & make it harder to see them. I liked being able to minimize these sections & choosing to not have them show up so much. Now, I can't do that. Please change this back.
Edit: The "In Case You Missed It" section not only shows tweets that you might have missed, it also shows tweets that you might have already seen.
Edit 2: I found out from one of the accounts that I tweet regularly that my tweets are not always showing up. Is this because of the "In Case You Missed It" feature?
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 23, 2017
- Version: 7.3.2
- Size: 204 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Twitter, Inc.
- © Twitter, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes