By Twitter, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, when it happens in the world, it happens on Twitter first. See all sides of the story. Join the conversation. Watch live streaming events. Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now.
- Watch premium and exclusive live streams directly from your mobile device. No account required.
- Go Live with a tap or sit back and watch events unfold from around the world.
- Discover what your favorite sports, news, politics, and entertainment thought leaders are talking about
- Experience dynamic media — like photos, videos, and GIFs
- Retweet, share, like, or reply to Tweets in your timeline
- Write a Tweet to let the world know what’s happening with you
- See what topics and hashtags are trending now
- Discover Moments, curated stories showcasing the very best of today’s biggest events
- Get caught up on news headlines and videos
- Relive the latest sports highlights
- Be in the know about pop culture and entertainment
- See what fun stories are going viral
- Find out who started following you
- Discover which of your Tweets were liked or Retweeted
- Respond to replies or be alerted to Tweets you were mentioned in
- Chat privately with friends and followers
- Share Tweets and other media
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you
- Customize your profile with a photo, description, location, and background photo
- Look back at your Tweets, Retweets, replies, media, and likes
- Get suggestions on influential people to follow
- Sync your contacts to find friends currently on Twitter or invite more
What's New in Version 7.7.2
- iOS 11 Smart Invert Colors: Media will no longer be inverted when this accessibility setting is enabled.
- See more of what you are sharing to Twitter, with an expandable compose area and larger preview images when sharing photos.
- For our iPad users: use iOS 11's new functionality to drag Tweets, Gifs, Photos and more, into Twitter to Tweet and share!
Good app please make it better
Please make twitter a little more Easy and better at understanding for pepole please make it Much more interesting. And more optimized good app really great way to see what is going on in the world and to really get your voice out there if you want to do a good cause. Also it should be a way if you want to invite friends or family to be part of the Twitter family. And to make the word better please change logo screen. Make Twitter better to make even cooler even optimized. Please fix the app I'm having a problom with the @ sign I can't see the persons name anymore I can only see words she I use the hastag # please fix. This app or you will lose fans make it more people and please change the boot screen it needs a better bird icon and stuff like make it an icon with birds tweeting in trees in a nice pretty day or something. Please remove having a double reply button for tweets we need only a one reply button. Please remove the reply bar and use the arrow reply as a replacement. Twitter is so awsome please keep updating the boot screen the little bird needs to have like a cool effects like saying welcome to Twitter or welcome back telling the user welcome back. Also please make it even easier to use so pepole do not think Twitter is hard to use. Also add videos so we can all learn how to use it to show us how to send ideas to companies organizations etc.
I wish they would focus more on security...
Even after John Biggs, Matt Honan, Brian Krebs and Thomas Brewster (among countless others) have demonstrated conclusively that SMS as a form of 2-factor is insecure, Twitter INSISTS on forcing you to give your phone number to activate 2-factor, AND EVEN WHEN YOU EXPLICITLY SET UP AN AUTHENTICATOR APP, THEY INSIST IN FORCING YOU TO GET CODES THROUGH TEXT!! That phone number by the way, is the SAME piece of verifying information needed to change the password! So anyone who knows your phone number (which is not a super secure piece of information) could potentially have the keys to the kingdom...
Also, the codes sent by SMS are different than the ones generated by the authenticator app - and both work!?!) Why can’t I decide that I ONLY want 2-factor through an authenticator app?
Was great until...
Started happening a week or so ago, but now when I open the app after a while away, I briefly see the heading "tweets from your last visit" before the app loads all tweets since then. Which would be fine, except IT SKIPS ALL THE WAY TO THE MOST RECENT TWEET. Scrolls right past everything that happened since you last logged in. So now I have to scroll allllllll the way down through hours of tweets until I can find that heading and start actually reading my way back up. I HATE it. It costs me so much extra time and there is no setting to say I don't want it to happen. Please fix it.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 20, 2017
- Version: 7.7.2
- Size: 184 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Twitter, Inc.
- © Twitter, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes