Re-imagined from the ground up to be the Mac's most friendly, powerful and modern Twitter client. Twitterrific makes Twitter fun.
⁕ Twitter Your Way
A clean, uncluttered timeline featuring just the content you care about. Tweets are presented in chronological order and other people's likes aren't placed in your timeline.
⁕ Designed for macOS
Twitterrific feels right at home on the Mac. Support for Notification Center, Retina displays, built-in sharing, beautiful animations, full-screen mode & more.
⁕ Timelines Galore
Take control of your tweets with multiple timeline windows from the same account or multiple accounts, all organized on your Mac’s desktop.
⁕ Full Accessibility
Navigate the timeline, compose tweets, and even attach image descriptions quickly and easily using Voice Over.
⁕ Tweet In Style
Twitterrific's appearance panel supports themes, lets you customize fonts & type sizes, and even lets you control how media appears in the timeline.
⁕ Read Anywhere
Whether you use Twitterrific on your iPhone, iPad, or another Mac, the app automatically syncs your reading position for a seamless Twitter experience.
FULL FEATURE LIST:
• Simple to use, easy to understand
• True multi-account/multi-window support
• View mentions, messages, and favorites quickly and easily
• Timeline syncing of reading position across all platforms via iCloud
• Fully accessible via VoiceOver
• Support for Retweet (RT) & Quoted tweets
• Quick access to Emoji when composing new tweets
• Autocompletion of usernames & hashtags while editing tweets
• View Twitter saved searches and lists
• Check out global and local trending topics
• Browse conversation threads between users
• Support for tweet storms & chained tweet threads
• Quickly Delete & Edit your own tweets
• Translate tweets to your native language
• Helpful color-coding of tweet types
• In-app media viewing for images, animated GIFs, Instagram & more
• Share a tweet with actions for email, Messages, Safari Reading List & more
• Muffles & mutes synced from Twitterrific for iOS via iCloud
• Robust in-app media viewer with detachable popovers
• Customize the appearance of media in the timeline or hide it completely
• View user profiles including past tweets, likes & mentions
• Follow and unfollow other users directly from their user profile
• Block and report spammers with a single click
• Theme control (light or dark)
• Font size & type face control
• Robust keyboard control
Added some fun new app icons, an option to disable color-coded tweets, and even fixed a few bugs!
• Added 3 new custom app icons
• Added an Appearance setting to disable color-coded tweets
• Improved performance of autocompleted screen names and hashtags
• Moved the following/follower counts to their respective buttons on profile views
• Removed the meaningless user ID field from profile views
• Character counting is once again in sync with Twitter's latest rules
• Fixed an issue that could cause repeated API requests if a user that sent you a direct message was suspended
Ratings and Reviews
macOS app severely flawed, needs timeline window update!
Today I took the plunge and bought into the twitterrific ecosystem buying both the ad-free version of the iOS app and the macOS app. While the iOS app is flawless having every feature you could want (auto night mode, cross-platform timeline sync, etc) the macOS version 5.3.3 lacks in performace, streamline use, and design. Twitterrific, I would like a refund or corresponding bug fixes because this version is not worth any amount of money. Prior I used Tweetdeck and due to the lack of iOS app, I had to switch. The two biggest overall issues is the noticeable lag when opening and dragging a timeline window on my fully spec'd MacBook Pro 2015. It’s jitters beyond usability. The second, why does the app not combine the timelines into ONE window? Instead it opens a new app window and the user is unable to join the timeline windows into one. This voids of any cohesion within the workflow. The new timeline window opens up tiny and requires the user to resize it. Please refer to the design of Tweetdeck or Tweetbot and update where you have a single fullscreen window with a timeline strip for home, notifications, mentions, messages, likes, lists, and search. Tweetdeck’s UX design utilizes the fullscreen capability of the desktop while maximizing workflow. While twitterrific gets most right, the macOS app needs urgent updating or I would like a refund to buy tweetbot alternatively.
New to Twitterrific and really enjoying it!
I’m mostly new to Twitterrific, having only used the iOS app years ago. Recently I decided to give both the Mac and iOS apps a try after hearing about how great they are on a popular tech podcast I listen to. I have to say, I’m very impressed and delighted so far. Timeline sycning is great, the compose experience is nice and clean, and it’s easy to keep tabs on conversations. I also really love having the ability to pull Tweets out into their own window, it makes it easy to follow a conversation or a specific user’s timeline. I also love being able to command+O to view Tweets in a mini browser, which is handy for viewing details of a Tweet (like who liked or Retweeted something), as Twitter’s API makes it a real pain for Twitterrific to actually implement that in-app. There are tons of other useful keyboard shortcuts as well, which I discovered after reading their help docs. Anyway, yay, love it and will be switching to it as my primary Twitter client on Mac (and on iOS too).
Developer Response ,
So glad you're enjoying the app and thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback. Remember, if you have questions or problems to check our Twitterrific knowledge base or just ask us on twitter at @twitterrific. Thanks and enjoy!
Nice to see Twitterific again, needs Refinements
Twitterific 4 was the first Twitter client I chose to use and it was always my favorite. Comparing version 5 to Tweetbot that I’ve been using for a year, I love the dark theme and seeing the user's name and handle, and would like to see some easy-to-add options please: (1) Media size options (I prefer seeing the entire picture in my timeline like in Tweetbot, instead of a partial image one has to click on, making it half useless), (2) Media options via right-click (in Tweetbot I can right-click to save the picture, etc), (3) Avatar size choices (it's a little smaller than I prefer), (4) Timestamp options (I prefer the reverse of what is done, showing only the minutes or days in the timeline and the extra date details if I select the tweet - reading less saves time), (5) seeing my own account and tweets (like Tweetbot does). Overall, the look is great, but without these visibility and usability refinements, I'll stay with Tweetbot and hold out hope that these logical refinements will be implemented please. Thanks.
- The Iconfactory
- 14.1 MB
- Social Networking
- OS X 10.11.6 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 The Iconfactory
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.