Re-imagined from the ground up to be the Mac's most friendly, powerful and modern Twitter client. Twitterrific makes Twitter fun.
⁕ Twitter Your Way
A clean, uncluttered timeline featuring just the content you care about. Tweets are presented in chronological order and other people's likes aren't placed in your timeline.
⁕ Designed for macOS
Twitterrific feels right at home on the Mac. Support for Notification Center, Retina displays, built-in sharing, beautiful animations, full-screen mode & more.
⁕ Timelines Galore
Take control of your tweets with multiple timeline windows from the same account or multiple accounts, all organized on your Mac’s desktop.
⁕ Full Accessibility
Navigate the timeline, compose tweets, and even attach image descriptions quickly and easily using Voice Over.
⁕ Tweet In Style
Twitterrific's appearance panel supports themes, lets you customize fonts & type sizes, and even lets you control how media appears in the timeline.
⁕ Read Anywhere
Whether you use Twitterrific on your iPhone, iPad, or another Mac, the app automatically syncs your reading position for a seamless Twitter experience.
FULL FEATURE LIST:
• Simple to use, easy to understand
• True multi-account/multi-window support
• View mentions, messages, and favorites quickly and easily
• Timeline syncing of reading position across all platforms via iCloud
• Fully accessible via VoiceOver
• Support for Retweet (RT) & Quoted tweets
• Quick access to Emoji when composing new tweets
• Autocompletion of usernames & hashtags while editing tweets
• View Twitter saved searches and lists
• Check out global and local trending topics
• Browse conversation threads between users
• Support for tweet storms & chained tweet threads
• Quickly Delete & Edit your own tweets
• Translate tweets to your native language
• Helpful color-coding of tweet types
• In-app media viewing for images, animated GIFs, Instagram & more
• Share a tweet with actions for email, Messages, Safari Reading List & more
• Muffles & mutes synced from Twitterrific for iOS via iCloud
• Robust in-app media viewer with detachable popovers
• Customize the appearance of media in the timeline or hide it completely
• View user profiles including past tweets, likes & mentions
• Follow and unfollow other users directly from their user profile
• Block and report spammers with a single click
• Theme control (light or dark)
• Font size & type face control
• Robust keyboard control
Added two new ways to open URLs in Twitterrific, a new URL scheme that's perfect for automation, and fixed some annoying bugs.
• Added Tweet menubar option "Open From Link..." (Control-CMD-O) to open a URL within Twitterrific
• Added Tweet menubar option "Open From Clipboard" (Control-CMD-V) to open a URL from your clipboard
• Drop a URL dragged from another app on the main timeline to open it within Twitterrific
• Drag any URL, image, or text from any other app (or from within Twitterrific) and hover over the compose button to open a new tweet
• Added a URL scheme that accepts any Twitter URL and opens the tweet or user profile: twitterrific://?url=[url_to_open]
• The compose window now stays open until the tweet is finished posting so you know if it succeeded or not
• Addressed an issue that caused the cache to grow excessively and affect app performance over time
• Fixed an issue that caused popovers to open in their own space with the detached popovers option enabled while running full screen
• Tweets in right-to-Left languages are now more consistently displayed right-aligned
• Fixed a bug where switching to the Appearance panel in the Preferences would reset the app icon back to the default
• Fixed an issue that caused “Your Account” to briefly appear on other profiles while loading
• Titles on web browser popovers now correctly encode HTML entities
Muffles and Mutes:
Ratings and Reviews
macOS app severely flawed, needs timeline window update!
Today I took the plunge and bought into the twitterrific ecosystem buying both the ad-free version of the iOS app and the macOS app. While the iOS app is flawless having every feature you could want (auto night mode, cross-platform timeline sync, etc) the macOS version 5.3.3 lacks in performace, streamline use, and design. Twitterrific, I would like a refund or corresponding bug fixes because this version is not worth any amount of money. Prior I used Tweetdeck and due to the lack of iOS app, I had to switch. The two biggest overall issues is the noticeable lag when opening and dragging a timeline window on my fully spec'd MacBook Pro 2015. It’s jitters beyond usability. The second, why does the app not combine the timelines into ONE window? Instead it opens a new app window and the user is unable to join the timeline windows into one. This voids of any cohesion within the workflow. The new timeline window opens up tiny and requires the user to resize it. Please refer to the design of Tweetdeck or Tweetbot and update where you have a single fullscreen window with a timeline strip for home, notifications, mentions, messages, likes, lists, and search. Tweetdeck’s UX design utilizes the fullscreen capability of the desktop while maximizing workflow. While twitterrific gets most right, the macOS app needs urgent updating or I would like a refund to buy tweetbot alternatively.
New to Twitterrific and really enjoying it!
I’m mostly new to Twitterrific, having only used the iOS app years ago. Recently I decided to give both the Mac and iOS apps a try after hearing about how great they are on a popular tech podcast I listen to. I have to say, I’m very impressed and delighted so far. Timeline sycning is great, the compose experience is nice and clean, and it’s easy to keep tabs on conversations. I also really love having the ability to pull Tweets out into their own window, it makes it easy to follow a conversation or a specific user’s timeline. I also love being able to command+O to view Tweets in a mini browser, which is handy for viewing details of a Tweet (like who liked or Retweeted something), as Twitter’s API makes it a real pain for Twitterrific to actually implement that in-app. There are tons of other useful keyboard shortcuts as well, which I discovered after reading their help docs. Anyway, yay, love it and will be switching to it as my primary Twitter client on Mac (and on iOS too).
Developer Response ,
So glad you're enjoying the app and thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback. Remember, if you have questions or problems to check our Twitterrific knowledge base or just ask us on twitter at @twitterrific. Thanks and enjoy!
Not really Twitter my way
I’d give this a 1 or 2 star rating, but I couldn’t be that mean. I’m probably one of the very few who enjoyed using the official client with the exception of one bug that wasn’t even that bad. I would still use that client if it worked. All comparisons below are Twitteriffic Vs the former official client.
What I don’t like:
I can’t see both of my Twitter accounts at the same time (I was able to see individual notification dots for new tweet, messages, and mentions without having to switch)
I don’t want to open video in a browser window, but I can’t see a setting to change this.
I can see how a pop out would be better when opening a tweet, so far, I don’t prefer it and I see no way to change it.
I found it to be difficult to send a tweet to another user (probably my fault)
I can’t figure out how to get a notification for new tweets in the dock icon
[super nitpicky] I don’t like the overly cutesy bubble versions of the icons on the top
I paid for it, and I’m looking for something to replace it.
What I like:
Even after I scroll up, if I scroll down, it still tells me how many more tweets are above
Sync would be nice if I used it on both computers and my iPhone. (If I liked it)
I don’t think I have encountered any bugs yet, unless the icon is supposed to change with new tweets.
Developer Response ,
You can open multiple windows and set them to difference accounts to see more than one at the same time. Videos only open in browser windows when they are not hosted on Twitter.com such as YouTube and Vimeo. All other videos open in popovers. Popovers are flexible ways to view tweets that help you navigate through conversations and user profiles without cluttering your desktop up with additional windows. Simply click the action menu ... and Copy URL to tweet to send that to another person easily. We don't notify you of new tweets, if we did you'd be being notified all the time and it'd be annoying. We notify you when someone mentions or DM's you instead. Hope this helps!
- The Iconfactory
- 14.1 MB
- Social Networking
- OS X 10.11.6 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 The Iconfactory
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.