Twitterrific 5 for Twitter
By The Iconfactory
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Re-imagined from the ground up to be the Mac's most friendly, powerful and modern Twitter client. Twitterrific makes Twitter fun.
⁕ Twitter Your Way
A clean, uncluttered timeline featuring just the content you care about. Tweets are presented in chronological order and other people's likes aren't placed in your timeline.
⁕ Designed for macOS
Twitterrific feels right at home on the Mac. Support for Notification Center, Retina displays, built-in sharing, beautiful animations, full-screen mode & more.
⁕ Timelines Galore
Take control of your tweets with multiple timeline windows from the same account or multiple accounts, all organized on your Mac’s desktop.
⁕ Full Accessibility
Navigate the timeline, compose tweets, and even attach image descriptions quickly and easily using Voice Over.
⁕ Tweet In Style
Twitterrific's appearance panel supports themes, lets you customize fonts & type sizes, and even lets you control how media appears in the timeline.
⁕ Read Anywhere
Whether you use Twitterrific on your iPhone, iPad, or another Mac, the app automatically syncs your reading position for a seamless Twitter experience.
FULL FEATURE LIST:
• Simple to use, easy to understand
• True multi-account/multi-window support
• View mentions, messages, and favorites quickly and easily
• Timeline syncing of reading position across all platforms via iCloud
• System-wide alerts for mentions & direct messages via Notification Center
• Fully accessible via VoiceOver
• Support for Retweet (RT) & Quoted tweets
• Quick access to Emoji when composing new tweets
• Autocompletion of usernames & hashtags while editing tweets
• View Twitter saved searches and lists
• Check out global and local trending topics
• Browse conversation threads between users
• Support for tweet storms & chained tweet threads
• Quickly Delete & Edit your own tweets
• Translate tweets to your native language
• Helpful color-coding of tweet types
• In-app media viewing for images, animated GIFs, Instagram & more
• Share a tweet with actions for email, Messages, Safari Reading List & more
• Muffles & mutes synced from Twitterrific for iOS via iCloud
• Robust in-app media viewer with detachable popovers
• Customize the appearance of media in the timeline or hide it completely
• View user profiles including past tweets, likes & mentions
• Follow and unfollow other users directly from their user profile
• Block and report spammers with a single click
• Theme control (light or dark)
• Font size & type face control
• Robust keyboard control
What's New in Version 5.2.1
You can now send tweets with up to 280 characters! Coincidentally, you can also muffle tweets based on length or number of lines.
• Support for sending tweets with up to 280 characters
• Muffle long tweets:
- Hide tweets that have more content than you'd like
- Muffle tweets by character count by simply adding a rule like: > 140
- If you want to muffle multiline tweets, use a rule like: > 3 lines
New to Twitterrific and really enjoying it!
I’m mostly new to Twitterrific, having only used the iOS app years ago. Recently I decided to give both the Mac and iOS apps a try after hearing about how great they are on a popular tech podcast I listen to. I have to say, I’m very impressed and delighted so far. Timeline sycning is great, the compose experience is nice and clean, and it’s easy to keep tabs on conversations. I also really love having the ability to pull Tweets out into their own window, it makes it easy to follow a conversation or a specific user’s timeline. I also love being able to command+O to view Tweets in a mini browser, which is handy for viewing details of a Tweet (like who liked or Retweeted something), as Twitter’s API makes it a real pain for Twitterrific to actually implement that in-app. There are tons of other useful keyboard shortcuts as well, which I discovered after reading their help docs. Anyway, yay, love it and will be switching to it as my primary Twitter client on Mac (and on iOS too).
Missing key features such as activity and statistics
I'm coming from Tweetbot, having used it for years. Reading some reviews took the plunge, but while the UI is nice and the general interface, tweet composer, etc. I like better, there are some key features missing - mainly, statistics and activity. In some cases, when someone replies to a thread you're involved in, it won't show in @ directed to you, but it will show in the activity feed. With Twiterrific I'm missing out on all this activity.
The second one is statistics, which may not be critical to many users, it is for me, as I want to see who is liking and retweeting. I would class this as a lightweight Twitter client, not as a "pro" client warranting a $20 price tag. I'd pay maybe $5 for it, considering the features others have. Will ask for a refund.
Quickly becoming my new go to Twitter client
After two significant updates and a very quick minor one to support Twitter’s new character limit I have to say that I really like this app. Aside from the price I feel like this app is getting a lot more attention and upgrades compared to the alternatives right now. I wrote a review earlier outlining some limitations that are now all gone and my only real complaints are minor ones.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 09, 2017
- Version: 5.2.1
- Size: 7.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Iconfactory
- © 2017 The Iconfactory
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor