Twitterrific 5 for Twitter
By The Iconfactory
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun!
Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets. Use Muffles to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people and hashtags from the timeline that you don't want to see. Customize fonts, avatar sizes, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with a minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support including multiple images & Twitter animated GIFs.
Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is fully accessible for users with vision impairments. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make Twitterrific a breeze to use with an external keyboard.
• Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets
• Quickly delete and edit existing tweets with ease
• Muffles - Hide unwanted words, phrases, hashtags, users, or URLs from view
• Center Stage - Media-centric timeline that puts images front & center
• Theming - Customize fonts, avatar, image and text size
• Automatic switch to dark theme at night
• Universal app for iPhone, iPad & Apple Watch
• Live streaming of tweets over wifi
• Robust multi-image support
• List management support
• Native push notifications
• Tweet translation
• 3D Touch support
• VoiceOver support
• External keyboard support
Apple Watch Features:
(Full Apple Watch functionality requires Twitterrific's in-app push notifications)
• Track your Twitter stats in real time
• Receive notifications for Replies, Mentions, RT's, Favs, DM's & more
• Handoff passes user profiles, composed tweets and more to the iOS app
• Reply to Mentions, Replies & Direct Messages
• Get info on new followers, follow them back or block them
• Force press to compose new tweets via Siri Dictation
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
An optional auto-renewing Tip Jar subscription is available for $0.49 per month (price varies by territory). Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account after confirmation. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Accounts will be charged for subscription renewals within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed in your iTunes Account’s Settings after purchasing.
What's New in Version 5.17.9
Adds support for sending 280 character tweets, layout fixes for iPhone X, and muffling based on character length or the number of lines.
• Support for sending tweets with up to 280 characters
• Muffle long tweets:
- Hide tweets that have more content than you'd like
- Muffle tweets by character count by simply adding a rule like: > 140
- If you want to muffle multiline tweets, use a rule like: > 3 lines
• Replies in discussion timelines are now sorted first by popularity
• Keyboard now appears at the same time the compose view is appearing
• Physical keyboard shortcut for opening the selected tweet's author profile was changed from CMD-U to CMD-Shift-U
• Fixed a bug causing the target tweet to disappear when viewing replies
• Fixed an issue displaying names that included unusual characters
• Fixed position of the media player timestamp on iPhone X
• Fixed iPhone X layout issues on the Tip Jar and Advanced Features screens
• Fixed positioning of the in-app notification banner on iPhone X
• Fixed some iPhone X landscape layout issues on the compose screen
• Fixed layout of the text entry box in a direct message threads on iPhone X
• Fixed iPhone X layout bugs on the compose screen
Probably the best 3rd part twitter app available (compared to others that are free/cost money). I follow a lot of accounts and the app always shows me the number of tweets I have to read (a lot) every time I open it. I really enjoy the muffle feature because I can muffle all the things I don’t want to read and focus on the stuff that actually matters to me. And even if I choose new words to muffle, the app automatically filters them out and I can keep scrolling through my feed without interruptions. I also like the streaming feature on WiFi, but that’s been around for awhile. Haven’t had any problems with the app at all and they’ve always replied promptly to inquiries (like when they were going to update to 280 characters). Keep up the good work! 🦖🦖🐙
This makes Twitter so much better!
I've been using Twitterrific for a long time now, and I've always appreciated how it gives me the simple chronological timeline I want, without "you may have missed" stuff, other people's likes, etc. And it's easy to use. I spend hours a day with it.
Now I'm even more pleased because I can (optionally) muffle those new long tweets. I can see someone tweeted over 140 characters and view the tweet if I choose - but otherwise, I'm back to 140-character Twitter. (Someone else I know is setting his limit at 160 characters.)
Also, there's a character count so I can keep my own tweets from running long. And this nicely designed change came out very quickly after the Twitter change to 280. I couldn't be happier with this app!
Needs more context sensitive muffling
The muffling feature generally works great. My big problem is that replies to a tweet I’ve muffled are not muffled.
For example, lets say I have “spider” and “spiders” muffled due to an extreme fear of spiders. If a friend I follow knows I have this fear, they can tweet “Spider warning!” And the tweet will be muffled.
However, if my friend assumes I’m using the official app, they’ll think their whole thread of spiders is muted (if you mute a word in the official twitter app, any replies to any tweets containing that word will be subsequently muted). If they tweet out a bunch of pictures of spiders in reply to that thread, this app allows it to come through.
This is a problem that recurrently makes muffling simply not work 9/10 times since Twitter added muting for entire threads. While I don’t have a fear of spiders, there are some users and things I find extremely exhausting.
Furthermore, threads are a MESS in the app. If you have chatty friends, you’ll never be able to tell which tweet is in reply to which. It displays every reply to every single thread in the whole entire tweet thread. It’s a pain to constantly switch back to twitter to figure out if someone was replying to me or the other tweet.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 09, 2017
- Version: 5.17.9
- Size: 18.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The Iconfactory
- © The Iconfactory
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$2.99
- Push Notifications$2.99
- Tip Jar Subscription$0.49
- Tweet Translation$2.99