Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun!
Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets. Use Muffles to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people and hashtags from the timeline that you don't want to see. Customize fonts, appearances, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with a minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support including multiple images & Twitter animated GIFs.
Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is fully accessible for users with vision impairments. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make Twitterrific a breeze to use with an external keyboard.
• Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets, while you away & more
• Chronological timelines that present ALL tweets in the order you expect
• Syncs your reading position automatically across iPhone & iPad using iCloud
• Easily add alternate image descriptions to make your tweets more accessible
• Effortlessly delete and edit your tweets to quickly fix typos or mistakes
• Muffles - Hide unwanted words, phrases, hashtags, users & more from view
• Center Stage - Media-centric timeline that puts images front & center
• Theming - Customize fonts, avatar shapes, home screen icons and text size
• Auto switching to to Twitterrific's dark theme at night is easy on the eyes
• Universal app for iPhone & iPad with both portrait & landscape support
• Intuitive gestures makes browsing and tweeting more fun than ever
• Best-in-class VoiceOver support for award-winning accessibility
• Robust multi-image support
• List management support
• 3D Touch support
• External keyboard support
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
An optional auto-renewing Tip Jar subscription is available for $0.49 per month (price varies by territory). Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account after confirmation. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Accounts will be charged for subscription renewals within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed in your iTunes Account’s Settings after purchasing.
Added a setting to hide emoji in names, fixed a few crashes, and had to make some difficult decisions.
• Presentation setting to remove emoji from people's names in the timeline
• Renamed the streaming setting to "Automatically Refresh Timelines"
• Fixed a crash when uploading videos that were encoded a certain way
• Fixed an issue counting characters in the name and location fields when editing your own profile
• Fixed an issue that caused the text cursor to jump to the end when editing search terms in the compose view
• Fixed a few other rare crashes
• Prepared for the elimination of live streaming
• Removed purchase of push notifications and the Today view
• Removed the watch app
In the coming months, Twitter plans to discontinue the underlying services that we need to provide both push notifications and live streaming. As a result, we did not feel it was right to keep selling the push notification in-app purchase since we will soon be forced to shut it down. To that end, we've consolidated our in-app purchases to a single "Enhanced" option which eliminates ads and unlocks Google Translate.
If you have purchased push notifications in the past, both the notifications and the Today view will keep working for as long as we can keep them working.
The watchOS app was originally written in such a way that it depended on the data from the push notification service. Since that service is shutting down, it will render the watch app nearly useless without rebuilding it from the ground up. We've determined that the amount of development time and effort required for such a task is simply not economically viable at this time.
WiFi live streaming is another service that Twitter is discontinuing. To work around this, we've implemented more thorough automatic refreshing throughout the app - including for Lists which have never supported streaming. Live streaming will continue to work until Twitter shuts it down at which point the app will fallback to automatically refreshing approximately every 2 minutes while you are using the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Overly complicated for use on Apple Watch
Before I can use it, I have to “enable push”. On what? The phone? The watch? It doesn’t say. The fact that I had to Google how to make this stupid app work shows that it’s poor design. Good design is intuitive, and this is not.
Also what I found out after Googling it is even more horrific, this company put “push” behind a paywall. Instead of doing normal iOS things like every other app, they are doing their own thing to squeeze every last dime out if you. They don’t have to require their own “push” service, but they do so they can control every aspect of the app.
EDIT: In response to what the developer said, that’s simply not true. You’re lying to people in order to charge them for something they don’t need. If you can display content on the iPhone app without you "push" then you can do the same on the Apple Watch app. Also you don’t need to run your own database, since you’re just piggybacking off the Twitter database. The ONLY reason you’d "require" these things is to force people to pay a premium to have Twitterrific on their watches.
Sorry you're upset EPJS, developing and maintaining a push service for hundreds of thousands of users, collating that data and presenting it in real time is an expensive proposition. The push service powers Twitterrific's today view (stats) and the Apple Watch and requires constant updates and maintenance, hence it's a paid service. As for clarity, things can always be better and we're dedicated to improving the experience on both the iPhone and Apple Watch as much as we can in future updates. Thx for listening, if you have specific feedback, we'd love to hear it! Please do send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks so much.
Probably the best 3rd part twitter app available (compared to others that are free/cost money). I follow a lot of accounts and the app always shows me the number of tweets I have to read (a lot) every time I open it. I really enjoy the muffle feature because I can muffle all the things I don’t want to read and focus on the stuff that actually matters to me. And even if I choose new words to muffle, the app automatically filters them out and I can keep scrolling through my feed without interruptions. I also like the streaming feature on WiFi, but that’s been around for awhile. Haven’t had any problems with the app at all and they’ve always replied promptly to inquiries (like when they were going to update to 280 characters). Keep up the good work! 🦖🦖🐙
Hey, thanks for the kind words about us and our app, we really appreciate it. We'll keep updating Twitterrific and you keep enjoying it, deal? Thanks for your support!
So I have a question
Since I installed this , I also chose the bluebird donation tier because I wanted to give at least something . Anyway I reinstalled this so I could give the Apple watch thing a try also , and it has not worked in the past 3 weeks . It always gives me some sort of error . So I deleted the app and installed again. The "tip" thing is back , and there is no restore option (dunno if that's even possible with an IAP)
Anyway I had to track down my history and see which tier I chose, and pick that again to avoid being double charged . Just today , after installing the most recent update , the tip thing is back yet again . So again I will choose my level . Is this going to keep coming back every update ? Oh and btw the Apple watch thing still doesn't work . I have a Series 3 non LTE version and it's still tossing me connection errors . Any idea why ?
If you've subscribed to the monthly subscription, the tip jar will go away completely. Individual In-app purchases don't remove the tip jar. They're there to unlock features not contribute a thank-you tip towards development. One of the advantages of the small monthly subscription is the removal of the tip jar.
As for Apple Watch this update should restore connectivity in day to day use but you may still need to force press "refresh" from time to time unfortunately. The Watch OS has several problems that we're trying to work around but it's proving difficult. Hope this helps, thanks for using Twitterrific.
- The Iconfactory
- 17.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © The Iconfactory
- In-App Purchases
- Everything $4.99
- Remove Ads $2.99
- Push Notifications $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.