Twitterrific 5 for Twitter
By The Iconfactory
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Twitterrific now supports Apple Watch!
The first app of its kind on the App Store, Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use.
Browse both mentions and direct messages directly from your home timeline. Customize fonts, avatar sizes, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support including multiple images & Twitter animated GIFs. Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is accessible for users with vision impairments.
Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun.
• Universal app for iPhone and iPad
• Live streaming of tweets over wifi
• Large, beautiful images in your timeline
• Robust multi-image support
• Elegant interface designed for iOS 8 including share sheets
• Muffle or mute hashtags, users, or URLs that you don’t want to see
• Post from any account directly from the compose screen
• Automatic switch to Dark theme at night
• List management support
• VoiceOver support
• Receive push notifications for Replies, Mentions, Retweets, Favs, Direct Messages & more with in-app purchase
Apple Watch Features:
• Track your Twitter stats in real time at a glance
Twitterrific for Apple Watch gets even better after purchasing push notifications within Twitterrific:
• Receive notifications for Replies, Mentions, Retweets, Favs, Direct Messages & more on your watch
• Reply to Mentions, Replies & Direct Messages directly from your wrist
• See new followers, follow them back or block them with ease
• Force press to compose new tweets using Siri Dictation
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
What's New in Version 5.13.2
• Support for iPad split screen and slide over multitasking on iOS 9
• Reply to mention push notifications from notification center on iOS 9
• Send and receive long direct messages
• Swipe up or down on your timeline with two or three fingers to quickly change accounts
• Tweets that contain only an image no longer have a stray blank line
• Improved reliability when restoring scroll position to the marker
• A local push notification is generated if an action fails while the app is in the background
• Unread tweets indicator no longer counts muted tweets
• More responsive when switching between accounts
• Improved VoiceOver accessibility when using the pinned sidebar in landscape
• VoiceOver can now open quoted tweets
• VoiceOver’s focus on tweets should be more stable
• Links to gofundme.com now generate a thumbnail image
• Various performance improvements
• Streaming your timeline should no longer show irrelevant tweets
• Fixed a bug that would prevent background refresh from working
• Scrolling timelines when your device has no signal no longer flashes the loading indicator
• Fixed a bug that caused certain links in tweets to open the wrong link
• Fixed a layout bug when taking a photo while composing a tweet and rotating device to landscape
• Improved reliability when translating tweets
• Scrubbing old-fashioned GIFs works again
• The pull-to-refresh control should no longer disappear and never come back
• Background overlay behind modal popups no longer occasionally disappears while the popup is open
• Timelines are no longer accidentally circumventing scroll acceleration
• VoiceOver can no longer focus on things that are behind modal popups such as compose or profile views
• VoiceOver no longer reads muted tweets
• Scrolling the timeline with VoiceOver should no longer randomly trigger a timeline refresh
The best way to Twitter
I've loved this app for a long time. Its restrained design keeps the focus on the content and makes Twitter look beautiful. As the official app becomes more and more cluttered, I've only appreciated The Iconfactory's work more.
For as long as I've loved the app there's also been some feature or bug fix I wish it had. There was a period where I got a bit disappointed in the lack of progress and looked elsewhere. But lately Twitteriffic has been rapidly improving, and I just realized that I have absolutely no complaints with it now. It's pretty much perfect.
This isn't the only great Twitter app, and if you want as many features as possible you may want to look elsewhere. But if you just want a great looking Twitter app that gets all the important stuff right, check this one out. For me, Twitter has never quite felt like Twitter without it.
P.S. I also really appreciate that it doesn't support TwitLonger
Now my go to Twitter app
I have been a long time customer of Tweetbot and it's developers but seeing that they hadn't updated their application a while back, I turned to Twitterific. At the start, there was a big adjustment period, but now I've becomes so accustomed to its rich features and the developers attention to its customers as well as maintaining frequent, timely, and rewarding updates. Thanks to the devs for this app, for I can no longer go to anything else.
Still Broken. Trainwreck of an App at this point
It is a beautiful app. That doesn't work at all.
Tweets post about 1/4 of the time. Sometimes they lost then you try to send a new tweet and when you hit compose the old tweet is still there even though it already went through. Most of the time tweets just don't post. Notifications are buggy. Basically, anything other ban the appearance of the app is useless. Pretty ridiculous.
Even after another update they haven't fixed the DM problem. About half your DMs show up. Worthless app until they fix it. None of the flashy extras matter without core functionality.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Sep 19, 2015
- Version: 5.13.2
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The Iconfactory
- © The Iconfactory
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$2.99
- Push Notifications$2.99
- Tweet Translation$2.99