Twitterrific 5 for Twitter
By The Iconfactory
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Twitterrific now supports Apple Watch!
The first app of its kind on the App Store, Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use.
Browse both mentions and direct messages directly from your home timeline. Customize fonts, avatar sizes, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support including multiple images & Twitter animated GIFs. Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is accessible for users with vision impairments.
Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun.
• Universal app for iPhone and iPad
• Live streaming of tweets over wifi
• Large, beautiful images in your timeline
• Robust multi-image support
• Elegant interface designed for iOS 8 including share sheets
• Muffle or mute hashtags, users, or URLs that you don’t want to see
• Post from any account directly from the compose screen
• Automatic switch to Dark theme at night
• List management support
• VoiceOver support
• Receive push notifications for Replies, Mentions, Retweets, Favs, Direct Messages & more with in-app purchase
Apple Watch Features:
• Track your Twitter stats in real time at a glance
Twitterrific for Apple Watch gets even better after purchasing push notifications within Twitterrific:
• Receive notifications for Replies, Mentions, Retweets, Favs, Direct Messages & more on your watch
• Reply to Mentions, Replies & Direct Messages directly from your wrist
• See new followers, follow them back or block them with ease
• Force press to compose new tweets using Siri Dictation
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
What's New in Version 5.14
• In accordance with Twitter’s new guidelines, "favorites" are now "likes"
• Unified timeline no longer includes direct messages
• Requires iOS 9.2+
• Watch app requires watchOS 2+
• All new redesigned Today view:
- See likes, retweets, follows, and quotes all in one place
- Configure the display to show any combination by toggling each type of event on or off
- Long press a toggle button to switch between showing all events or just the events of that type
- Sort the view by recent events or your most popular tweets
- 3D Touch events to get a quick preview, or tap them to jump straight to the relevant tweet or profile
• Refined profile view includes a selection of photos and thumbnails for recently posted media by the account
• Tab bar supports 5 buttons on iPad, and on iPhone when on the bottom or in landscape
• The tab bar can be set to the bottom in portrait on the iPad (formerly only an option on iPhone)
• Sidebar button shows an unread badge when there are unread direct messages
• Added "Open In Firefox" to share sheets for links and as a browser option (appears if Firefox is installed)
• Improved streaming reliability
• Streaming automatically connect when you join a wifi network while the app is open
• Added "Share" to the options menu for tweets (same as long pressing on a tweet)
• More robust network error handling and automatic retry logic
• Improved the transition between popups and Safari View Controller
• Added URL schemes to clear all muffle rules and the cache
• Reduced memory usage
• Variety of performance enhancements
• Fixed several visual glitches with the refresh control
• Fixed bug causing dismissed photos to animate in slow motion
• Fixed issue causing the keyboard to appear while taking a photo
• Fixed freeze when dismissing images while the status bar was double-height (such as during a call)
• Fixed the incorrect size of the suggestion bar when composing tweets
• Fixed bug that delayed automatic switching of day/night themes
• Fixed failures when uploading a new avatar image
• Fixed the cropping tool when editing a new avatar on iPad
• Fixed layout of tweet divider lines and timeline marker on iPad
• Fixed an intermittent issue preventing access to VoiceOver actions on tweets
• Fixed several layout issues in small thumbnail mode
• Fixed avatars and usernames from disappearing on like/retweet notifications on the Apple Watch
• Fixed incorrect size of compose window when replying to a tweet from within a popup on iPad
• Fixed layout bugs with quoted tweets
• Fixed issue that kept data from being purged from the cache
• Fixed several sources of crashes
Our Long Twitterrific Nightmare Is At An End
After a couple months where Twitterrific was simply unusable — crashing at launch, multi-minute refreshes, dog-slow scrolling — it has at least caught back up to its previous versions. And that's plenty because this is perhaps the most attractive Twitter client, particularly for iPad. Plus, the new version handles most of Twitter's new tricks, like presenting quoted tweets correctly.
There are certain things that Twitter withholds from third-party clients (like polls, I think?) and that can't be helped. For the time being, though, it's just nice to have this app back to where it used to be.
The best way to Twitter
I've loved this app for a long time. Its restrained design keeps the focus on the content and makes Twitter look beautiful. As the official app becomes more and more cluttered, I've only appreciated The Iconfactory's work more.
For as long as I've loved the app there's also been some feature or bug fix I wish it had. There was a period where I got a bit disappointed in the lack of progress and looked elsewhere. But lately Twitteriffic has been rapidly improving, and I just realized that I have absolutely no complaints with it now. It's pretty much perfect. (Though they somehow keep finding ways to make it even better.)
This isn't the only great Twitter app, and if you want as many features as possible you may want to look elsewhere. But if you just want a great looking Twitter app that gets all the important stuff right, check this one out. For me, Twitter has never quite felt like Twitter without it.
P.S. I also really appreciate that it doesn't support TwitLonger
The latest update is perfect!
I've been using Twitterrific for years to juggle multiple accounts. It's the only app with the most features I need. Now with the updated today view and photos viewable on user profiles, the few minor features I've needed are available now too. The apps got a little bit of a slow launch but I don't mind that too much. In the future, I'd really like to see push notifications for tweets by selected users but other than that, this app is meeting all my needs!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 01, 2016
- Version: 5.14
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The Iconfactory
- © The Iconfactory
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Push Notifications$2.99
- Remove Ads$2.99
- Tweet Translation$2.99