Twitterrific 5 for Twitter
By The Iconfactory
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun!
Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets. Use Muffles to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people and hashtags from the timeline that you don't want to see. Customize fonts, avatar sizes, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with a minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support including multiple images & Twitter animated GIFs.
Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is fully accessible for users with vision impairments. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make Twitterrific a breeze to use with an external keyboard.
• Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets
• Quickly delete and edit existing tweets with ease
• Muffles - Hide unwanted words, phrases, hashtags, users, or URLs from view
• Center Stage - Media-centric timeline that puts images front & center
• Theming - Customize fonts, avatar, image and text size
• Automatic switch to dark theme at night
• Universal app for iPhone, iPad & Apple Watch
• Live streaming of tweets over wifi
• Robust multi-image support
• List management support
• Native push notifications
• Tweet translation
• 3D Touch support
• VoiceOver support
• External keyboard support
Apple Watch Features:
(Full Apple Watch functionality requires Twitterrific's in-app push notifications)
• Track your Twitter stats in real time
• Receive notifications for Replies, Mentions, RT's, Favs, DM's & more
• Handoff passes user profiles, composed tweets and more to the iOS app
• Reply to Mentions, Replies & Direct Messages
• Get info on new followers, follow them back or block them
• Force press to compose new tweets via Siri Dictation
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
An optional auto-renewing Tip Jar subscription is available for $0.49 per month (price varies by territory). Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account after confirmation. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Accounts will be charged for subscription renewals within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed in your iTunes Account’s Settings after purchasing.
What's New in Version 5.18.2
Happy holidays from Ollie and the gang! We recently added automatic poll detection, a black theme, support for Dynamic Type, and fixed a load of bugs, too.
Unlocking alternative app icons with the tip jar wasn't working reliably for some of you, so we've decided it was better to unlock all of them for everyone until we have time to sort out what went wrong. Enjoy!
5.18.1 BUG FIXES
• Fixed a layout issue with profiles when running iOS 9 or 10
• Added 3 more larger text size settings
• Adjusted in-app browser tint colors to match the theme
• Adjusted the sizing of reference tweets when quoting or replying
• Tapping the reference tweet when quoting or replying toggles the keyboard
• Fixed several crashes
5.18 NEW FEATURES
• Automatic poll detection
- New button appears at bottom of tweet if common markers are found
- Tag a tweet with #poll or use a graph or ballot box Emoji at beginning or end
• Re-designed/Expanded Theme Panel
- New true black theme is especially useful on iPhone X
- Support for avatar shapes - rounded rect, squircle, circle & square
- Improved font size selections
• Muffle rules can now be deactivated without having to delete them and will automatically deactivate themselves after 60 days of inactivity
• Muffle editor now shows totals for the number of active rules in each section and a grand total at the bottom of the screen
• More improvements to smart invert
• Now prefers to display the username on tweets if there isn't enough space for both the username and display name
• Added an unread indicator dot to tweets
• Unified/improved the colors for the default themes
• Added support for the Dynamic Type accessibility feature
• Refreshed the More Actions icon
• Quoted tweets now include a timestamp and respect the hidden thumbnail mode
• The text of quoted tweets now flows around the media thumbnail (if any) to save vertical space
• Avatars on profile views now render using your preferred avatar shape
• Jolly Ollie
5.18 BUG FIXES
• Fixed the button indicators for tweets that have been both liked and retweeted
• Fixed a bug that caused the sidebar to scroll to the top whenever it appeared
• Regex muffle rules now correctly display their name instead of full rule text
• Fixed some issues rendering Arabic text in certain situations
• Fixed layout of profile views on iPhone X
Overly complicated for use on Apple Watch
Before I can use it, I have to “enable push”. On what? The phone? The watch? It doesn’t say. The fact that I had to Google how to make this stupid app work shows that it’s poor design. Good design is intuitive, and this is not.
Also what I found out after Googling it is even more horrific, this company put “push” behind a paywall. Instead of doing normal iOS things like every other app, they are doing their own thing to squeeze every last dime out if you. They don’t have to require their own “push” service, but they do so they can control every aspect of the app.
EDIT: In response to what the developer said, that’s simply not true. You’re lying to people in order to charge them for something they don’t need. If you can display content on the iPhone app without you "push" then you can do the same on the Apple Watch app. Also you don’t need to run your own database, since you’re just piggybacking off the Twitter database. The ONLY reason you’d "require" these things is to force people to pay a premium to have Twitterrific on their watches.
The Best Twitter Client!
This Twitter Client is the best application for its purpose hand down! I've been a Twitter member for a very long time not shortly after Facebook was available for the US (lol yes that long). Everything I've always wanted from a Twitter app this one always amazes me in the consistency in updates and the app developer actually takes time to make the user experience more and more enjoyable.
A little bit better than the native app in some ways
But search functionality is garbage. It lacks twitter commands like min_retweets:50 and inability to hide retweets for example..
Sorting by media isn't very good. It doesn't always work and when it does it only takes from your cached timeline and it won't update unless you manually do so.
App needs translation ability and copy tweet ability plus just accessing the media only via link.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 17, 2017
- Version: 5.18.2
- Size: 18.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The Iconfactory
- © The Iconfactory
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$2.99
- Push Notifications$2.99
- Tip Jar Subscription$0.49
- Tweet Translation$2.99