Twitterrific 5 for Twitter
By The Iconfactory
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun!
Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets. Use Muffles to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people and hashtags from the timeline that you don't want to see. Customize fonts, avatar sizes, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with a minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support including multiple images & Twitter animated GIFs.
Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is fully accessible for users with vision impairments. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make Twitterrific a breeze to use with an external keyboard.
• Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets
• Quickly delete and edit existing tweets with ease
• Muffles - Hide unwanted words, phrases, hashtags, users, or URLs from view
• Center Stage - Media-centric timeline that puts images front & center
• Theming - Customize fonts, avatar, image and text size
• Automatic switch to dark theme at night
• Universal app for iPhone, iPad & Apple Watch
• Live streaming of tweets over wifi
• Robust multi-image support
• List management support
• Native push notifications
• Tweet translation
• 3D Touch support
• VoiceOver support
• External keyboard support
Apple Watch Features:
(Full Apple Watch functionality requires Twitterrific's in-app push notifications)
• Track your Twitter stats in real time
• Receive notifications for Replies, Mentions, RT's, Favs, DM's & more
• Handoff passes user profiles, composed tweets and more to the iOS app
• Reply to Mentions, Replies & Direct Messages
• Get info on new followers, follow them back or block them
• Force press to compose new tweets via Siri Dictation
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
An optional auto-renewing Tip Jar subscription is available for $0.49 per month (price varies by territory). Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account after confirmation. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Accounts will be charged for subscription renewals within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed in your iTunes Account’s Settings after purchasing.
What's New in Version 5.18.3
Added haptics, chronological threads, a new unread indicator, improved some performance and fixed a bunch of bugs.
• Threads now always display in chronological order for consistency
• Toggling retweet/like now updates the UI immediately
• Added haptic feedback when liking/retweeting
• Added haptic feedback when pulling to refresh
• Adjusted sizing/behavior of the reference tweet when replying/quoting
- Tap the reference tweet to expand / collapse it when composing
- More space when composing on devices with small screens
• Re-positioned the unread indicator dot after the timestamp (less distracting)
• Configuring push notifications and viewing the Today view works from behind more firewalls and proxies
• Added a Report Abuse option to the tweet actions menu
• Copy-protected Twitter videos open a browser instead of a static image
• Improved performance in various places
• Fixed instances when the Image viewer failed to display hi-resolution media
• Fixed an old decoding bug that could cause truncated tweets when translating
• Fixed an accessibility bug that prevented selection of the thread/replies switch when viewing discussions with VoiceOver
• Fixed an accessibility bug that sometimes prevented VoiceOver from being able to access the save search button
• Fixed an issue where the app thought it was still streaming when in fact it had disconnected
• Fixed retweet/like/location badges from appearing behind the notch on an iPhone X in landscape
• Removed support for Storify since they are shutting down
• Keyboard shortcut for switching tabs changed from "Control-Tab" to "Option-Tab"
Instant buy of options
Used it for about ten minutes, and immediately fell in love and was ready to pay $3 for all of the goodies. Great customization, awesome performance, and the option for WiFi streaming is pretty cool.
They even added in great haptic feedback!
Best Twitter App
This has so many features that the annoying native Twitter app doesn’t. It is also pretty intuitive and if one must Google how to use it I’m surprised they are able to use the Twitter app which is not intuitive in the least. Have used this one for years and happy it is still around enough to hit the tip jar because the devs are always improving and updating it. I use everyday on my iPhone and iPads and now finally on the Mac!
I cannot begin to describe how much I hate dealing with the native Twitter app, so much so I just stopped using it altogether on my Mac and decided it was easier just to grab my iPad or iPhone and use Twiterific. On the posts I screw up and post something wrong or need to delete a post or to revise it, this app does it, Twitter does not. The only thing the native Twitter on IOS is good for is sending pics via direct message (and how often does that happen?) and that is about all. Unfortunately, everytime I wish to Tweet from another app or website it always opens the native Twitter app which I hope changes soon. This app has so many more options, is customisable and user friendly, which I love. Like all social media I want to get in and get out as fast as possible and this allows me to see what I want, respond quickly, and move on with life. I also love you can quote tweets and repost that way, and tag others, plus, Twitterific is streamlined and a great look. Apps are supposed to make life easier, not convoluted and this app makes life easier, always has..
I have tried Tweetbot and it just doesnt do it for me. It adds features that are generally useless and behind the game compared to Twitterific, who actually listens to what people want, where Tweetbot never updates unless a new IOS or OS version comes out. Twitterrific has consistently been on top of their IOS app for years with regular updates, plus they use the tip jar method instead of the ever annoying subscription model and I actually do tip because I use this app everyday and if you like it, a few bucks here and there to help a developer, won’t break your bank. So happy it is on the Mac now and syncs across devices. Thanks for being a class act, app :)
Favorite Twitter app
This app is probably the reason I haven't given up on using Twitter. I love the interface, how easily I can access my lists (main reason I started using Twitterific), ease of switching between accounts (using 3D touch shortcut to tweet only works for the account you last had open?) and just how much better my Twitter experice is overall. I wouldn't use Twitter much, if at all, if I had to use their app.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 17, 2018
- Version: 5.18.3
- Size: 18.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The Iconfactory
- © The Iconfactory
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$2.99
- Push Notifications$2.99
- Tip Jar Subscription$0.49
- Tweet Translation$2.99