Twitterrific 5 for Twitter
By The Iconfactory
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now with live streaming of tweets, Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. The unified timeline lets you browse mentions and direct messages from a single view and the new theme panel enables you to tailor the way tweets are displayed. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with minimum effort using gestures. Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is accessible for users with vision impairments.
Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun.
• Universal app for iPhone and iPad
• All-new user interface designed for the latest OS
• Live streaming of timelines over wifi
• Native push notifications
• List management support
• VoiceOver support
• Browse recent favs, RT's & new followers via Today view
• Background fetching of tweets
• Powerful gestures for quick control
• Automatic switch to Dark theme at night
• Filter your timeline by muffling hashtags, users, or URLs
• Timeline syncing using iCloud or Tweet Marker
• Optimized for smooth, fast performance
• Unified, color-coded timeline for easy reference
• Customizable theme control for fonts, colors and avatars
• Unread indicators for tweets and timelines
• Easy account switching
• Open timeline links directly in Safari or Chrome
• Many picture services: Twitter, Img.ly, Droplr and more
• Share discussions via email or Storify
• Image previews displayed in timeline
• Attach and view location on tweets
• Native RT & RT with Comment
• Twitter, People & History searches
• Discussion views for threads of tweets and direct messages
• Pinnable sidebar (iPad version)
• Bookmark using Safari Reading List, Instapaper, Pocket, & Pinboard
• Simplified in-app reading mode via Instapaper or Readability
• Translates tweets into your own language
• Advanced gap detection
What's New in Version 5.7.2
• Edit tweet (tap the more actions icon)
- Quickly deletes a tweet and reopens the compose screen
• Improved launch times for users with multiple accounts
• Streaming only prevents auto-sleep while device is charging
• Addressed issue causing network connection errors
• Fixed issues with reading service logins that use special characters
• Theme panel can now be shaken, not stirred
• Thanks to Ethan Marcotte (@beep) for inspiring the edit tweet feature
Leaves me unsatisfied
Some really obvious problems that keep me from using it. Closing views often triggers notification center, also wish I could hide the status bar. The contrast is bad and hurts my eyes. Night mode is blue, I don't know what iphone their using, but mine is black. Doesn't show meta data on tweets. The tweets also seem to take up more space than they should, even on the lowest font size. If these things didn't bug me/waste my time, this would be the best twitter client. With it's ability to hide user icons, and landscape view, it is perfect for airplay mirroring.
Even the point releases are awesome
What looked to be a minor update to fix some networking issues turned out to offer two nice new features: tweet editing and cool new avatar shape options (shake your device in the themes panel).
Yes, the edit tweet feature effectively deleted your old tweet and replaces it with a new one, but it's a nice feature for when you see that stupid typo right away.
Great updates, excellent support
After going back and forth between Tweetbot & Twitterrific, I think we have a winner. Not only do the devs provide regular updates and enhancements, but they also respond to their customers - unlike some other Twitter devs. A win-win for all who buy this app.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 17, 2014
- Version: 5.7.2
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Iconfactory
- © The Iconfactory
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$1.99
- Push Notifications$1.99
- Tweet Translation$1.99