Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun!
Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets. Use Muffles to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people and hashtags from the timeline that you don't want to see. Customize fonts, appearances, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with a minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support including multiple images & Twitter animated GIFs.
Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is fully accessible for users with vision impairments. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make Twitterrific a breeze to use with an external keyboard.
• Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets, while you away & more
• Chronological timelines that present ALL tweets in the order you expect
• Syncs your reading position automatically across iPhone & iPad using iCloud
• Easily add alternate image descriptions to make your tweets more accessible
• Effortlessly delete and edit your tweets to quickly fix typos or mistakes
• Muffles - Hide unwanted words, phrases, hashtags, users & more from view
• Center Stage - Media-centric timeline that puts images front & center
• Theming - Customize fonts, avatar shapes, home screen icons and text size
• Auto switching to to Twitterrific's dark theme at night is easy on the eyes
• Universal app for iPhone & iPad with both portrait & landscape support
• Intuitive gestures makes browsing and tweeting more fun than ever
• Best-in-class VoiceOver support for award-winning accessibility
• Robust multi-image support
• List management support
• 3D Touch support
• External keyboard support
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
An optional auto-renewing Tip Jar subscription is available for $0.49 per month (price varies by territory). Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account after confirmation. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Accounts will be charged for subscription renewals within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed in your iTunes Account’s Settings after purchasing.
Improved drag and drop support on iPad, added a new URL scheme that's perfect for Shortcuts, and fixed a few bugs.
• Tapping the thumbnail within a quoted tweet will now directly open the media viewer for the quoted tweet
• Added a new keyboard shortcut to the main timeline to open a URL from your clipboard: CMD-Control-V
• [iPad] Drop a URL dragged from another app on the main timeline to open it within Twitterrific
• [iPad] Drag from a tweet's author name, avatar, timestamp, or quoted tweet to drop a link to that tweet into any other app that accepts URLs
• [iPad] Drag a thumbnail image from a tweet and drop it into any other app that accepts images
• [iPad] Drag any of the above from one account in Twitterrific to another by switching accounts with your other hand while dragging
• [iPad] Drag any URL, image, or text from any other app (or from within Twitterrific) and hover over the compose button to open a new tweet
• Added a URL scheme that accepts any Twitter URL and opens the tweet or user profile: twitterrific://?url=[url_to_open]
• Fixed a bug that caused some videos to only loop once instead of indefinitely
• Addressed an issue that caused the cache to grow excessively and affect app performance over time
• Fixed an issue that caused the keyboard to dismiss after switching apps while the keyboard was visible
Muffles and Mutes:
Ratings and Reviews
I couldn't even begin to like this app...
So I literally just downloaded this app minutes ago. It was feat. in a write up in the app store. It looked to have nice features, separate from the actual Twitter app, like the ability to edit your tweets, so I said heck why not. I open the app, login & BOOM! There's a huge ad bar at the top of the screen. So big, it completely covers half if not all of a tweet, depending on length. I can't even appreciate looking at the layout or design, colors or anything else because the ad bar is so distracting. Ugh. I have several apps with ad promo bars but guess what? They're tiny and all at the BOTTOM. I'm so mind boggled, I can't remember if the OG Twitter app has an ad bar. If so, it's barely noticeable. I'm guessing you'd have to pay to remove the ad bar and I don't mind donating to small-time app developers but I don't know about this app. I also read a couple of reviews and people mentioned how they try to get you to pay to access certain features or abilities. Some paid twice due to tier mix-ups. Is there not a "refresh purchases" button? Sounds like this developer is just plain greedy. Also one thing I immediately noticed is the timeline feed is slow to refresh. If it refreshes at all. I'm still seeing tweets from two days ago...when it should be from a few seconds ago. Smh.
Great App, Some Improvements Regarding UI
This app is excellent for anyone who wants a customizable, in-depth twitter experience. And I recommend paying for the full version and putting a tip in the Tip Jar, to help make this app even better. The ability to change the cosmetics and tabs bar really make this app something special. Along with a search bar on the timeline to narrow your feed down to specific words. This app isn’t perfect though, as the video player doesn’t have a scrubbing bar and is very clunky to use when you pause or want to view the caption of the video. Also the interchangeable tab bar is lacking in options like people who like your tweets or a button for search, which is found in the left menu but needs a spot on the tab bar. The themes of the app could also have a bit more variety, and I know this isn’t as important as a smooth UI but maybe a few colored themes or even patterns could liven up the app and make for an even more customizable and fun experience.
Makes Twitter Useable
With all the things that Twitter has done to make itself a hostile environment for 3rd-party apps, it is a monumental feat to make something that is *still* worth using — much less giving money to — rather than just giving up and using the official app.
Sure, there are some small annoyances (all the fault of Twitter, not Twitterrific…) but even still this provides the best experience reading my timeline.
First of all, *actual chronological timeline*! Sure twitter added it as a feature lately, but it turns itself off after a while. Ridiculous!
Also no “promoted” tweets, no BS random fake friend likes getting stuffed in your timeline, no trending news junk…
Timeline sync! I can read on my iPad and my phone and it remembers where I left off. I’m one of those crazy people that reads everything in his timeline, this makes it easy.
There are a billion little things that make the interface nice to work with, many of which are “power user” features you have to spend a little time learning, but wow is it worth it. I would kill to have all of iOS have their “swipe to move the cursor” feature. It makes editing tweets much simpler.
In all, if you’re trying this because you’re fed up with Twitter messing with their API, give it a chance, give it some time. It absolutely takes a bit to learn all the neat little things Twitterrific can do that add up to making it great, but it’s worth it.
- The Iconfactory
- 23.2 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © The Iconfactory
- In-App Purchases
- Enhanced $4.99
- Monthly $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.