Twitterrific for Twitter
By The Iconfactory
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Twitterrific is the friendly Twitter client that’s beautiful to look at and incredibly intuitive for new users, yet peppered with deep features for advanced tweeters. Effortlessly read and compose tweets, view multiple accounts, search Twitter.com, filter message types and much more. If you’re already familiar with the award-winning Twitterrific for iPhone or iPad, then you’ll be right at home on the Mac.
• Simple to use, easy to understand
• Consistent and clear interface across platforms
• True multi-account/multi-window support
• View mentions, messages and favorites quickly and easily
• Timeline syncing of reading position across all versions via Tweet Marker
• View Twitter trends, searches and lists
• Browse conversation threads between users
• Translate tweets to your native language
• Helpful color-coding of tweets
• In-app picture viewing for supported services like Instagram, plixi & more
• Tweet actions including email tweet, replies to author & others
• Collapsible sidebar for quick access to timelines, searches and trends
• Theme control (light or dark)
• Font size control
• URL shortening
• Instapaper, ReadItLater & Readability support
• Cloud.app support
• Reply all (by default)
• Picture and video uploading
• Fully customizable toolbar
• Robust keyboard control
• View user profiles, including large avatars and other details
• Follow, unfollow, block & report spammers easily
What's New in Version 4.5.1
• Fixed a crash when uploading images
• Fixed a crash when switching display configuration
Don’t waste your time with this.
Seriously, it’s terrible, they should pay people to use it because it’s not even nice to use. It’s clunky. I expected it to be of a similar design to the iPhone/iPad app but it’s just nasty. It’s like someone’s first worst attempt at writing an app. It crashes, it’s out of date with twitter, probably hasn’t been updated in many many many many many months, possibly years. Avoid this application at all costs, treat it as if it were a zombie. In fact it needs it’s head removed and put out of it’s zombie misery.
Least of several evils
I use twitteriffic largely because of inertia, and because I don’t feel like shelling out the cost that the other front-line twitter clients want. Most of the features are pretty good, and v5 on iOS is nice. However, perhaps my biggest complaint (aside from v5 not being out for osx yet) is that they still haven’t figured out how to handle animated GIFs yet. What’s taking them so long?
Everything is upside down
Found out in the forums this is due to running OSX10.7.5. They do provide an older version for download, but it isn't licensed even though I bought the new version license. Very disappointing, should be in the app notes in the store as a minimum requirement if they aren't going to fix.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 02, 2013
- Version: 4.5.1
- Size: 3.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Iconfactory
- © Copyright 2011 The Iconfactory
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor