Calculators have changed very little since the 1970s - while phones from that era look ancient. Why should calculators cling to a 40 year old design with a wall of buttons and one row for results in the age of retina displays? We deserve something better. Tydlig brings the calculator to the next level for iPhone & iPad with innovations like freeform canvas, responsive results and linked numbers.
Tydlig is perfect for calculating everyday things like tips and discounts, showing the entire history and allowing you to change any number with instant updates. For deeper calculations real-time graphing is an excellent way to explore and visualize things like bank interest rates and trigonometric functions.
* Responsive results: Edit any number on the canvas and see all results update automatically. Let your calculator work for you, not the other way around.
* Linked numbers: With a result selected, press any operation to create a linked number below. Responsive results will cascade down these links.
* All history is stored on an infinite scrolling canvas. Drag numbers around and reuse them as you wish.
* Annotate any number with an attached text label, like a freestyle spreadsheet.
* Real-time graphing: Link numbers to a graph and any change to the expression will instantly update the graph. Perfect when trying to explore how functions work and behave.
* Use the Slider to tweak any number and see results and graphs update in real-time. Combined with the graph it is an excellent way to visualize and teach math. Tap the slider to toggle between discrete and continuous modes.
* Share the entire canvas by printing, or exporting as a high quality PDF. You can also copy calculations as text, or save the visible area as an image which can be used in other applications like Pages or Word.
* Undo support.
* Supports external Bluetooth keyboards for really quick digit and basic operations entry (+, -, *, /).
* Tydlig works completely offline, no need to be connected to the internet.
* Lots of power under the hood with a lightning fast calculation engine, over 20 mathematical functions and scientific notation formatting options.
* Support for iPhone X
* Dark Theme
If you like Tydlig, please take the time to give us a nice review: it really helps.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice Job. Very easy “what if?” calculations.
This is an update after about 30 months of using Tydlig daily: no bugs or glitches, and 5 stars review still stands (iPhone 5s and 7+, w/ iOS 10.x.x)
Tydlig is the most “unique” (as in “unique” = “different and good”) of all the 20 or so calculators I’ve tried (and I have no association with the developer). I keep trying other calcs, and this has become my everyday, preferred calculator.
In use, Tydlig is elegant and has a clean, obvious UI that is easy to use as a “normal” calculator. The cool feature that I like is the ability to touch and drag your numbers around, even pulling a number out of a calculation, and placing it in another calculation, and then pulling THAT result into the original calculation, to do a “what if” calculation. This may sound complicated, but it is very much like writing on a piece of paper, and drawing arrows into some other calculation, minus the erasing and smeared mess.
AND, Tydlig shows the slender connecting lines from one calculation to another, so I don’t lose the sense of what I was doing when I moved the numbers around. The edges of the main screen are a little busy (lots of possible settings, options, and places to send the info --currently PDF, print, screenshot--, multiple redos, trig functions, etc, but the main calculator area is open and clean. This developer thought “outside the box”, while I didn’t even notice that I was working in a box. Very Nice Job.
Still great but maybe some In App Purchases could fund new features
So what's new with the newer versions since I bought this? Support for iPhones and iPads I don't own and support for newer iOS versions (of no obvious value to me). And being nagged to review a new version that offers me no new features is pretty annoying.
I'd like to be able to save separate 'pages' or 'work surfaces'. I get it that supporting new hardware and new OS software involves real work and costs real money, and takes real time. But I'd gladly pay for multiple pages! And I'll do so via an in-app purchase. If you provide me with real value, I'll gladly give you real (if modest) money.
I'd also pay for an in-app purchase that *disables 'review me!' notifications*! Or, you know, just stop nagging me to do so for free. I'll gladly give you a five star review for that change. And you can even nag me to review one last time after I upgrade to the version with that 'feature'.
So much potential…
Tydlig is a truly unique calculator app. No competitor can match its human-readable, easily organized interface. Perfect for dealing with multiple equations at once, Tydlig brings a versatility not before seen in the calculator app market.
Unfortunately, the developer has neglected this app for quite a while now, and the bugs in the app are quite evident—in my experience, graphing, which is rather confusing in the first place, causes the app to crash a good 50% of the time. There is no 3D Touch support, forcing iPhone 6s and 7 users to resort to long-press actions that unnecessarily slow down one's workflow and thereby reduce productivity.
This app is a great start and concept, but it doesn't feel fully polished, and seems as though it has been abandoned by its developer.
- Tydlig Software AB
- 13.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Tydlig Software AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.