· Tykoon is the financial education tool for kids and their parents, empowering kids to develop stronger financial values with real money and real-life experiences – all under the safe and watchful eye of their parents.
· Tykoon is a tool for kids and their parents, empowering kids to have control over their allowance and learn how to make smarter financial decisions, in an environment that is controlled and supervised by you. Co-founded by LendingTree founder, Doug Lebda and his daughter based on their real-world experience.
· Pay allowances virtually and track what you owe your kids. When they want to go spend real money, you simply pay them and deduct it from his or her balance
· Kids can make proposals to earn extra money and you can respond quickly and easily. Parents can make proposals to kids as well.
· Assign Weekly allowances and approve when money gets “paid.”
· Track your kids spending to ensure that their habits are in-line with your family’s financial values.
· Instill balanced long-term financial practices that extend into adulthood by allocating earnings to the savings and setting savings goals.
· Kids can track their earnings and expenses all from one place·
New and improved design with improved usability for kids and parents
Improved reporting for Parents
Intuitive visuals to draw attention to pending actions
Ratings and Reviews
App seems usefull...
I really want to use this app. I have a industrious 8 year old, and is bugging me to set this program up. Tykoon's own website claims tons of praise from many publications for its software.
Great, so I give it a try, and when I setup an account for my child it creates a duplicate. I peruse back to Tykoon's site, and their FAQ says "Simply go to Settings, Account..." and you will be able to Delete or Disable account.
Guess what that option is not in there. I hope there is a mistake because there is a big update coming. Otherwise, stay away and wait for an update to BOTH their website and software so they give the right advice and fix the simple problem of duplicate accounts.
Finally! A fun way for my kids to learn about money
Tykoon is amazing. It is a tool our family uses to help keep our kids on track with their chores as well as teach them about money. My kids are working to raise 100 dollars for a charity through their chores. And I love how my kids can spot things they love and put them on their wish list . Christmas and birthday shopping just got easier.
Tykoon is awesome
The Tykoon iPhone app allows my wife and I to monitor our son's allowance while we are on the go.
It is so easy to use and revolutionizes the way kids will look at money. One good addition would be if the kids were able to propose tasks
to their parents from the app, otherwise the app is great.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.