By Lars Gerckens
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
„Simple, Satisfying Time-Tracking. 9/10“ - Mac.Appstorm.net
„Elegant Time-Tracking for Freelancers“ - iFun.de
Tyme is an easy to use time tracking application for freelancers, small companies and anyone who wants to keep an overview of their times worked.
With Tyme you'll be able to have an instant breakdown of the progress you've made in your projects and if you are still in time and budget. Access Tyme straight from the menu bar.
With the Tyme iPhone app which is now also available, you can track your times even if you are on the go. iCloud keeps your data always in sync.
- Syncs your projects and hours woked / times via iCloud (10.9 needed)
- Starts automatically during system startup
- Accessible straight from the menu bar
- Start & stop tasks straight from the menu bar
- Global hotkeys: Start & stop tasks from within other applications
- Simply adjust the start time if you started the timer too late
- Menu bar displays running time and daily total of hours worked
- Simple project and task management with deadlines and planned budgets
- Option to round time entries automatically
- Daily, weekly, monthly and annual statistics about your workload and budget
- Exports time entries as PDF, CSV or HTML
- Supports the Macbook Pro Retina Display
- Easy tagging and filtering for projects & tasks
- Archives completed projects
- Simple backup & restoring of your data
- Supports Yosemite dark mode
- AppleScript support. Tyme is fully scriptable: http://tyme-app.com/tyme-scripting/
What's New in Version 2.4.1
Tyme is now fully scriptable. You can create, modify and delete projects, tasks, time entries or tags. Write your own custom export / import scripts or automate your reports. For a detailed description what’s possible, please go to: http://tyme-app.com/tyme-scripting/
- Automatic merging of overlapping time entries of the same task
- Several UI Bugfixes
- Small Hotfix for OSX Mavericks
- Small Hotfix concerning the export
Love the app, but sync is way broken
I absolutely love Tyme for its simplicty, attractive look, and the ease of starting and stopping timers right from the menu bar. I use it daily to log the time that I work.
But I keep really hoping for a fix to the sync issues that persist across versions and hinder it greatly. I use Tyme on an iMac and MacBook, generally using both daily, so it’s important that I get a daily total from both sources, and I consistenly have trouble getting that to work. I think the problem might start when I forget to stop the timer on my laptop and shut it down with a timer still running. Instead of correcting itself the next time I log in, it goes into a permanent state of brokenness: the sync spinner spins forever, EVERY time the app is running, and never actually syncs. It seems that the only way to fix this is to trash all of the data and start fresh. This has happened to me several times, and is hugely frustrating. But if that ever gets fixed, it will be the perfect time tracking app!
Simple, easy to use, does what it says it’s going to do. No bugs, FAQs address pretty much everything, and if you can’t figure something out, the developer is extremely responsive. I’m very happy with it.
Great app. I use it to estimate how long it will take me to complete a project…works just as I’d expect it to. Love it!