By Lars Gerckens
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
„Simple, Satisfying Time-Tracking. 9/10“ - Mac.Appstorm.net
„Elegant Time-Tracking for Freelancers“ - iFun.de
Tyme is an easy to use time tracking application for freelancers, small companies and anyone who wants to keep an overview of their times worked.
With Tyme you'll be able to have an instant breakdown of the progress you've made in your projects and if you are still in time and budget. Access Tyme straight from the menu bar.
With the Tyme iPhone app which is now also available, you can track your times even if you are on the go. iCloud keeps your data always in sync.
- Syncs your projects and hours woked / times via iCloud (10.9 needed)
- Starts automatically during system startup
- Accessible straight from the menu bar
- Start & stop tasks straight from the menu bar
- Global hotkeys: Start & stop tasks from within other applications
- Simply adjust the start time if you started the timer too late
- Menu bar displays running time and daily total of hours worked
- Simple project and task management with deadlines and planned budgets
- Option to round time entries automatically
- Daily, weekly, monthly and annual statistics about your workload and budget
- Exports time entries as PDF, CSV or HTML
- Supports the Macbook Pro Retina Display
- Easy tagging and filtering for projects & tasks
- Archives completed projects
- Simple backup & restoring of your data
- Supports Yosemite dark mode
What's New in Version 2.3.0
- Tags! Create tags for your projects & tasks and filter by them
Truly Fantastic Time tracking
I've tried a lot of time tacking apps and they all have something missing, the only thing I was missing with Tyme was a way to filter projects and tasks. I contacted the developer and quickly got a response. 'Would tagging and filtering tags do the trick?' YES, yes it would, but how long till that is implemented? 'We have already submitted it to the app store, it's up to Apple to review and approve, should be out soon.' And it is out, and does EXACTLY what I needed. had to rush to store and just say how wonderful this app really is... simple, easy to use, yet powerful enough to be REALLY USEFUL! Get the iPhone app and you're now able to keep tabs on times, and look at reports on the go. iCloud sync has been rock solid, even when I didn't have a connection for a while. Personally I also like the reports for use with billing/invoicing, they allow easy reading and transferring data to whatever way I invoice the specific clients or enter time at my day job (I use this same app for both). Simple checkbox manipulation changes the output sorting of exported pdfs. All in all, Fantastic.
It’s basic function, the timer, doesn’t work
After spending some time adding and configuring tasks, I was excited to start the new day in a more productive way. I clicked start on my first task and the timer appeared in the task bar.. so far so good. About 15 minutes into my task I looked at the task bar and noticed the timer was stuck at 00:32 seconds. Frustrating. I gave it another chance.. pressed start and off I went. I looked up about 2 minutes in and sure enough.. it had stopped at :17 seconds this time. Then I decided to just press start and watch it. Every time it either gets stuck in the first minute or completely resets to zero. I reviewed all of the settings and everything looks to be configured correctly. This isn’t user error, this is clearly a bug in it’s most basic function - keeping time.
It’s good but not great
This is a good app. I’ve been using it for quite sometime. It is not the best but it’s workable. I like the ability to sync and feasibility of exporting it in CSV.
I wish they’ll add a pause button and ability to run multiple tasks at the same time.