Tynker - Coding for kids. Visual programming to code games and apps.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tynker is the easiest way for kids to learn programming. Play fun puzzles to learn the basics and then create your own amazing games using over 100 step-by-step coding tutorials. Great for Hour of Code! Additional puzzle sets available as in-app purchases.
NEW! Draw your own actors and backgrounds with the drawing tool!
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award
*** Featured by Apple in Education, Kids & Best New Apps
*** Editor's Choice, Children's Technology Review
*** Rated 5 stars for Engagement, Common sense media
*** Academics' Choice Award
*** Rated “Best for 8-14” by USA Today
*** Award of Excellence from Strictly Mobile
”Tynker makes programming more accessible and fun for kids, regardless of prior experience.”
“One of the best learn-to-code apps we've seen for younger kids - Nice work!”
PLAY FUN GAMES TO LEARN TO CODE
- Candy Quest - Sequence programming commands to lead your character home.
- Monster High - Help the ghouls go on a scavenger hunt using code
- Crash Course - Program drones, lights, and Sphero in a virtual environment
- Dragon Journey (in-app purchase) - Use functions and subroutines to train your dragon
- Lost in Space (in-app purchase) - Apply logic to lead astronaut Gus to his moon base
- Lazer Racer (in-app purchase) - Create math patterns using Turtle graphics commands
Solutions available on request.
100+ STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIALS
Learn with interactive tutorials and get inspired to create an unlimited portfolio of games and projects to share and play with friends.
- Animation: Stop-motion animation and custom character animation
- Drawing: Pen commands, math art, kaleidoscopes, and your own art studio
- Game Elements: Scoring, health, buttons, and joysticks
- Game Kits: Arcade shooters, platformers, runners, and physics games
- Motion: Move, follow, spin, and glide objects on the screen
- Music: Music, sound effects, musical notes, drum beats, and tempo
- Physics: Falling balls, bouncing penguins, zero gravity, and cannons
- Storytelling: Slideshows, stories, comics, jokes, riddles, and quizzes
REMIX, PUBLISH, AND PLAY
Publish your creations to share with the community. Explore projects made by others like you and see what they build. Like, remix and share their programs or build your own using our full-featured programming language.
VISUAL PROGRAMMING - SIMPLE YET POWERFUL
Create and share awesome games and apps quickly using the same visual programming language introduced in the puzzles. Program native behaviors, experiment with physics, program connected toys and design your own animated characters. You can also code offline without Internet connectivity.
SUPPORTS CONNECTED TOYS
Do you have a Parrot mini drone or a Sphero robot? You can use Tynker to program these toys. Build a flappy drone game with a real drone, draw shapes with Sphero, or program your own stunt flips. This version supports Sphero, Ollie, Parrot Rolling Spider drone, and Philips Hue and Lux personal lighting systems.
What do children learn?
Computer Programming is an important 21st century skill that children can start learning at any age. While solving puzzles, children are applying reasoning and critical thinking skills such as pattern recognition, problem solving, debugging, sequencing, spatial visualization, and algorithmic thinking. The Tynker visual language makes it easy for them to learn and apply concepts like conditional logic, repetition, variables and functions--the same programming concepts in any mainstream programming language.
What is Tynker?
Tynker inspires kids to create and collaborate through programming in an intuitive, imaginative way. More than 40,000 schools and 28 million kids have started coding with Tynker.
Tynker is inspired by visual programming languages like Scratch from MIT, Alice from CMU, and other programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
What's New in Version 3.11.0
- Bug fixes
Good, but needs some work
This is a good game. Well almost. It is kind of glitchy and crashes every once in a while. Otherwise it's fine. The game is kind of fun. It's better than hopscotch because you can draw your character instead of using emojis. I've learned a lot about it, but there's one problem. How do I publish a game while it's playing. Because in my games I normally use the hide thing, but when I publish it the thing that is supposed to hide doesn't hide. If you can fix that I will be extremely proud.
I just quit hopscotch
I will see how this app is
Good app, but you should add a way to do MCPE, because I have Windows 10 trial.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 30, 2016
- Version: 3.11.0
- Size: 116 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Neuron Fuel, Inc.
- © Neuron Fuel, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Tynker Puzzles Bundle$4.99
- Dragon Journey$1.99
- Lost in Space$1.99
- Sketch Racer$1.99
- Tynker Puzzles Bundle$2.99