Tynker - Learn to Code. Program Robots, Control Drones and Make Games.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tynker is the easiest way for children to learn programming. Solve puzzles to learn concepts, easily build your own games, and control robots and drones using our new step-by-step coding tutorials. 50+ free starter templates included for games, apps, drawing, music, physics, and more. Great for Hour of Code! Additional puzzle levels available as in-app purchases.
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award
*** Featured by Apple in Education, Kids & Best New Apps
*** Editor's Choice, Children's Technology Review
*** Rated 5 stars for Engagement, Common sense media
*** Academics' Choice Award
*** Rated “Best for 8-14” by USA Today
*** Award of Excellence from Strictly Mobile
”Tynker makes programming more accessible and fun for kids, regardless of prior experience.”
“One of the best learn-to-code apps we've seen for younger kids - Nice work!”
CANDY QUEST (FREE)
Use the correct logic and loop variations to lead your character home.
** 20 Levels
CRASH COURSE (FREE)
Learn to program drones, lights, and Sphero in a virtual environment
** 18 Levels
NEW! LEARN WITH TUTORIALS AND TEMPLATES
60+ Interactive Tutorials and templates
Learn with interactive tutorials and get inspired to create an unlimited portfolio of games and projects to share and play with friends
- Game kits - Build your own arcade, platformer, and physics games
- Storytelling - Write stories, comics, jokes, riddles, quizzes and more
- Animation - Learn stop motion animation or use our character creation engine
- Physics - Launch bouncing penguins, program zero gravity and cannons
- Drawing - Program math art, kaleidoscopes, or your own art studio app
- Music - Program musical notes and drum beats to play any song
CONNECTED DEVICE SUPPORT (FREE)
Includes code blocks to control connected toys including drones and robots. Learn to use these new blocks in "Crash Course" with virtual representations of drones, robots and lights. Then find these blocks in the “Create” mode and build programs to control real devices. Supports programming Sphero, Ollie, Parrot Rolling Spider drone, Philips Hue and Lux personal lighting systems.
TYNKER WORKSHOP (FREE)
- Create games and apps quickly with the same visual programming language introduced in the puzzles
- NEW! Learn the basics with interactive coding tutorials
- Add tilt, touch and other native behaviors to your games
- Define your own programs with conditional logic, loops, functions, variables, and more
- Design animated characters using the character creator
- Build realistic games using the physics engine
- Work offline without Internet connectivity
DRAGON JOURNEY (in-app purchase)
Create functions and subroutines to lead your dragon through the forest.
** 72 Levels, across 2 different adventure scenarios, replay with 3 different dragons
LOST IN SPACE (in-app purchase)
Apply conditional logic to lead astronaut Biff to his moon base.
** 72 Levels, across 3 adventure scenarios
LAZER RACER (in-app purchase)
Draw complex geometric shapes using simple commands in this futuristic racing game.
** 48 geometric pattern puzzles
Unlock hidden bonus games in every adventure! Puzzle Solutions Available.
What do Children learn?
Pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, spatial visualization, algorithmic thinking, how to debug programs. Introduces concepts like sequencing, repetition, and conditional logic. Reinforces basic geometry concepts while using programming to draw angles and lines.
What is Tynker?
Tynker (www.tynker.com) inspires kids to create and collaborate through programming in a visual, intuitive and imaginative way. More than 30,000 schools and 26 million kids have started coding with Tynker, building critical computational thinking skills for future success.
Tynker is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from CMU, and other programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
What's New in Version 3.3.0
- New navigation structure for "Create"
- New "Beginner", "Intermediate", "Advanced" categories for tutorials
- New "Featured" section in "Templates & Tutorials"
- Ability to disable sounds
- Several bug fixes and minor updates
When I first downloaded this app, it was a cute little puppy and fun programming. However, since things like monsters, zombies, witches, and such have been added, I can no longer use this app in my classroom as I teach in a Christian school. My students are very disappointed because they LOVED getting to play Tynker. Now I'm looking for programming apps without these sort of characters.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 10, 2015
- Version: 3.3.0
- Size: 103 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Neuron Fuel, Inc.
- © Neuron Fuel, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Tynker Puzzles Bundle$4.99
- Dragon Journey$1.99
- Lost in Space$1.99
- Tynker Puzzles Bundle$2.99
- Sketch Racer$1.99