Tynker - Learn programming. Build Games. Control Drones. Program Robots.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tynker is the easiest way to learn programming. Solve puzzles to learn concepts and easily build your own games. Use built-in themed graphics, music, and animated characters to create imaginative games, apps and stories. Plus, with the new connected devices supported, control Sphero robots, Parrot drones and Philips lights! Additional puzzle levels are available as in-app purchases.
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award
*** Featured by Apple in Education, Kids & Best New Apps
*** Editor's Choice, Children's Technology Review
*** Rated 5 stars for Engagement, Common sense media
*** Academics' Choice Award
*** Rated “Best for 8-14” by USA Today
*** Award of Excellence from Strictly Mobile
”Tynker makes programming more accessible and fun for kids, regardless of prior experience.”
“One of the best learn-to-code apps we've seen for younger kids - Nice work!”
CANDY QUEST (FREE)
Use the correct logic and loop variations to lead your character home.
** 20 Levels
NEW! CRASH COURSE (FREE)
Learn to program drones, lights and Sphero in a virtual environment
** 18 Levels
NEW! CONNECTED DEVICE SUPPORT
Now includes code blocks to control connected devices such as flying drones, robots and lighting systems. Learn to use these new blocks in "Crash Course" with virtual representations of drones, robots and lights. Then find these blocks in the “Create” mode and build programs to control real devices.
- Sphero robot
- Ollie robot
- Parrot Rolling Spider drone
- Philips Hue and Lux personal lighting systems
TYNKER WORKSHOP (FREE)
- Create games and apps quickly with the same visual programming language introduced in the puzzle adventures
- Define your own functions and variables
- Build musical projects using the built-in notes for piano, electric guitar and drums.
- Add tilt, touch and other native behaviors to your games
- Work offline without Internet connectivity
- Unlock characters as you progress (100+)
Includes plenty of inspiration for an unlimited portfolio of games and projects to play with friends:
- Character Creator Engine lets kids create millions of fluidly-animated, professional-quality characters, with swappable parts and props, and a variety of stunningly realistic preset animations.
- Built-in physics engine for advanced games
- 12+ complete pre-built game kits to remix your own game from
- 5 Media Themes with hundreds of assets - Fantasy, Adventure, Sci Fi, Modern and Spooky
- Growing library of sample projects
DRAGON JOURNEY (In-app purchase)
Create functions and subroutines to lead your dragon through the forest.
** 72 Levels, across 2 different adventure scenarios, replay with 3 different dragons
LOST IN SPACE (In-app purchase)
Apply conditional logic to lead astronaut Biff to his moon base.
** 72 Levels, across 3 adventure scenarios
LAZER RACER (In-app purchase)
Draw complex geometric shapes using simple commands in this futuristic racing game.
** 48 geometric pattern puzzles
Unlock hidden bonus games in every adventure! Puzzle Solutions Available.
What do Children learn?
Pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, spatial visualization, algorithmic thinking, how to debug programs. Introduces concepts like sequencing, repetition and conditional logic. Reinforces basic geometry concepts while using programming to draw angles and lines.
What is Tynker?
Tynker (www.tynker.com) inspires kids to create and collaborate through programming, in a visual, intuitive and imaginative way. More than 10,000 schools and 9 million kids have started coding with Tynker -- building critical computational thinking skills for future success.
Tynker is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from CMU, and other programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
- Now works with multiple drones
- Fixed tilt block
Only the first and last levels r available so when u go to da next level you cannot understand the tasks they want you to do. First level is good.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 16, 2015
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 97.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Neuron Fuel, Inc.
- © Neuron Fuel, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Tynker Puzzles Bundle$4.99
- Dragon Journey$1.99
- Tynker Puzzles Bundle$2.99
- Lost in Space$1.99
- Sketch Racer$1.99