Tynker - Learn to Code. Programming Made Easy.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tynker is the easiest way for kids to learn programming. Play fun puzzles to learn the basics and then create your own amazing games using over 100 step-by-step coding tutorials. Great for Hour of Code! Additional puzzle sets available as in-app purchases.
NEW! Space Cadet and Dragon Spells courses with 100+ activities
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award
*** Featured by Apple in Education, Kids & Best New Apps
*** Editor's Choice, Children's Technology Review
*** Rated 5 stars for Engagement, Common sense media
*** Academics' Choice Award
*** Rated “Best for 8-14” by USA Today
*** Award of Excellence from Strictly Mobile
”Tynker makes programming more accessible and fun for kids, regardless of prior experience.”
“One of the best learn-to-code apps we've seen for younger kids - Nice work!”
PLAY FUN GAMES TO LEARN TO CODE
- Candy Quest - Sequence programming commands to lead your character home.
- Space Cadet (NEW) - Collect items as you avoid the crafty aliens
- Dragon Spells (NEW) - Train your dragon to hunt for treasure
- Lost in Space (in-app purchase) - Apply logic to lead astronaut Gus to his moon base
- Dragon Journey (in-app purchase) - Use functions and subroutines to train your dragon
- Lazer Racer (in-app purchase) - Create math patterns using Turtle graphics commands
Solutions available on request.
100+ STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIALS
Register to unlock 100+ free interactive tutorials and get inspired to create an unlimited portfolio of games and projects to share and play with friends.
- Animation: Stop-motion animation and custom character animation
- Drawing: Pen commands, math art, kaleidoscopes, and your own art studio
- Game Elements: Scoring, health, buttons, and joysticks
- Game Kits: Arcade shooters, platformers, runners, and physics games
- Motion: Move, follow, spin, and glide objects on the screen
- Music: Music, sound effects, musical notes, drum beats, and tempo
- Physics: Falling balls, bouncing penguins, zero gravity, and cannons
- Storytelling: Slideshows, stories, comics, jokes, riddles, and quizzes
REMIX, PUBLISH, AND PLAY
Publish your creations to share with the community. Explore projects made by others like you and see what they build. Like, remix and share their programs or build your own using our full-featured programming language.
VISUAL PROGRAMMING - SIMPLE YET POWERFUL
Create and share awesome games and apps quickly using the same visual programming language introduced in the puzzles. Program native behaviors, experiment with physics, program connected toys and design your own animated characters. You can also code offline without Internet connectivity.
SUPPORTS CONNECTED TOYS
Do you have a Parrot mini drone or a Sphero robot? You can use Tynker to program these toys. Build a flappy drone game with a real drone, draw shapes with Sphero, or program your own stunt flips. This version supports Sphero, Ollie, Parrot Rolling Spider drone, Lego WeDo2.0, and Philips Hue and Lux personal lighting systems.
What do children learn?
Computer Programming is an important 21st century skill that children can start learning at any age. While solving puzzles, children are applying reasoning and critical thinking skills such as pattern recognition, problem solving, debugging, sequencing, spatial visualization, and algorithmic thinking. The Tynker visual language makes it easy for them to learn and apply concepts like conditional logic, repetition, variables and functions--the same programming concepts in any mainstream programming language.
What is Tynker?
Tynker inspires kids to create and collaborate through programming in an intuitive, imaginative way. More than 60,000 schools and 55 million kids have started coding with Tynker.
Tynker is inspired by visual programming languages like Scratch from MIT, Alice from CMU, and other programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
What's New in Version 3.12.28
- 115 new puzzles added in 2 new courses!
- Help Mae and Buzz collect items in Space Cadet
- Train your dragon to hunt for treasure in Dragon Spells
- Switch between Swift and Visual coding as you solve puzzles
The program Tynker is a good start for young students to be introduced to the idea of coding. Coding is becoming more and more a part of students' education, and they need to start early being introduced in order to assimilate the concepts of coding.
Tynker is a fun way to let students' play and learn at the same time. I am pleased to use this with my ESL students. They can start at the same level as everyone else since it is new concept to everyone.
S. Simon, ESL Instructor
This app is a fun way to learn how coding works
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 28, 2017
- Version: 3.12.28
- Size: 165 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Neuron Fuel, Inc.
- © Neuron Fuel, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dragon Journey$1.99
- Tynker Puzzles Bundle$5.99
- Lost in Space$1.99
- Sketch Racer$1.99
- Tynker Puzzles Bundle$2.99