Tynker - Learn to Code. Programming Made Easy.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tynker is the easiest way for kids to learn programming. Solve fun puzzles using visual blocks or Swift to learn the basics. Then you can create your own amazing games using over 100 step-by-step coding tutorials. Great for the Hour of Code!
NEW! Space Cadet and Dragon Spells courses with 100+ activities and all puzzles now available in Swift.
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award
*** Featured by Apple in Education, Kids, and Best New Apps
*** Editor's Choice, Children's Technology Review
*** Rated 5 stars for Engagement, Common Sense Media
*** Academics' Choice Award
*** Rated “Best for 8-14” by USA Today
*** Award of Excellence from Strictly Mobile
”Tynker makes programming more accessible and fun for kids, regardless of prior experience.” - TechCrunch
“One of the best learn-to-code apps we've seen for younger kids - Nice work!” - Code.org
PLAY FUN GAMES TO LEARN TO CODE
- Candy Quest - Sequence programming commands to lead your character home
- Space Cadet (NEW) - Collect items as you avoid the crafty aliens
- Dragon Spells (NEW) - Train your dragon to hunt for treasure
- Lost in Space (in-app purchase) - Apply logic to lead astronaut Gus to his moon base
- Dragon Journey (in-app purchase) - Use functions and subroutines to train your dragon
- Lazer Racer (in-app purchase) - Create math patterns using Turtle graphics commands
As you code, you can switch between visual blocks and Swift. Solutions available in Settings.
100+ STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIALS
Register or log in to unlock 100+ free interactive tutorials and get inspired to create an unlimited portfolio of games and projects to share and play with friends.
- Animation: Stop-motion animation and custom character animation
- Drawing: Pen commands, math art, kaleidoscopes, and your own art studio
- Game Elements: Scoring, health, buttons, and joysticks
- Game Kits: Arcade shooters, platformers, runners, and physics games
- Motion: Move, follow, spin, and glide objects on the screen
- Music: Music, sound effects, musical notes, drum beats, and tempo
- Physics: Falling balls, bouncing penguins, zero gravity, and cannons
- Storytelling: Slideshows, stories, comics, jokes, riddles, and quizzes
REMIX, PUBLISH, AND PLAY
Publish your creations to share with the community. Explore projects made by other kids and see what they’ve built. Like, remix, and share their programs or build your own using our full-featured programming language.
VISUAL PROGRAMMING - SIMPLE YET POWERFUL
Create and share awesome games and apps quickly using the same visual programming language introduced in the puzzles. Program native behaviors, experiment with physics, program connected toys and design your own animated characters. You can also code offline without Internet connectivity.
SUPPORTS CONNECTED TOYS
Do you have a Parrot minidrone or a Sphero robot? You can use Tynker to program these toys! Build a flappy drone game with a real drone, draw shapes with Sphero, or program your own stunt flips. This version supports Sphero, Ollie, Parrot minidrones, Lego WeDo2.0, and Philips Hue and Lux personal lighting systems.
What do children learn?
Computer programming is an important 21st century skill that children can start learning at any age. While solving puzzles, children are applying reasoning and critical thinking skills such as pattern recognition, problem solving, debugging, sequencing, spatial visualization, and algorithmic thinking. The Tynker visual language makes it easy for them to learn and apply concepts like conditional logic, repetition, variables, and functions--the same programming concepts in any mainstream programming language.
What is Tynker?
Tynker inspires kids to create and collaborate through programming in an intuitive, imaginative way. More than 55 million kids have started coding with Tynker.
Tynker is inspired by visual programming languages like Scratch from MIT, Alice from CMU, and other programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
What's New in Version 4.0.21
- Bug fixes
It is so educational for kids and very fun
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 20, 2017
- Version: 4.0.21
- Size: 170 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Neuron Fuel, Inc.
- © Neuron Fuel, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dragon Journey$1.99
- Tynker Puzzles Bundle$5.99
- Sketch Racer$1.99
- Lost in Space$1.99
- Tynker Puzzles Bundle$2.99