Typ-O is an easy to use dyslexia app that helps you write without spelling errors. Typ-O uses a powerful word prediction engine and a sophisticated spelling error model to help you write, even if your spelling isn't perfect. The integrated synthetic voice let you hear the word prediction suggestions before selecting and check your text before emailing or pasting it into other applications. The app is designed for children or adults with dyslexia.
Typ-O allows you to use the speech recognition tool which gives you the possibility to speak the word that you want to write *
Typ-O is a pay-as-you-go version that has all the features of the premium version, but allows you to get started with Typ-O in a more affordable way. You receive a set of 100 voice credits. Once you finish your credits you have the possibility to buy 100, 100 or unlimited access to voice credits.
- word prediction available in UK English, US English, German, Spanish and French
- choose themes for the US English dictionary: math, physic, chemistry, history, biology, engineering, sociology
- change the look of the app: background colour; font; prediction keys
- speech recognition
- listen to your word before you select it
- Dropbox sync
- save your notes inside the app
- the voice integration
- phrase prediction
- send email or print directly from the app
- spell check - Typ-O knows the most common spelling mistakes, and will often suggest words even if you have misspelled them
*available on iPad only
- Minor Bugs fixed
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app. for one of my students. I am a special education teacher in CT. Would I be able to have a free trial of this app? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
App has shown improvement since I first reviewed it
I first reviewed this app in 2012. This app has shown improvement since then and I will now be able to try this out with students.
Great app for struggling student typist; TYPO PREMIUM is BETTER
I originally dowloaded this app (since it was cheaper at $4.99) to try out.
It does offer an in-app 'upgrade' to buy more voice credits. For us, we had problems purchasing & downloading the 'upgrade' - we were constantly stuck in a loop where we were asked to log-in to i-tunes store. We also tried syncing/downloading update from a PC -no luck. Saw that the 'upgrade' charge went thru, but never received what we paid for. As a last resort, I reported the problem to apple-help, but recvd an email from them with a link to the developer app page -only to find a contact screen with no 'SUMBIT' button.
I'm not sure if this was an isolated incident with us, but considering my son needed this APP to do schoolwork, I ended up deleting this cheaper APP, and buying the PREMIUM TYP-O app for $14.99. I suppose I should have purchased that one from the beginning.
The APP itself is very helpful and user friendly and it has helped my youngest son get through some of his typing assignments quicker. He liked using this APP over Dragon.
- Therapy Box Limited
- 869.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Second Guess Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited voice use in Typ-O $7.99
- One hundred (100) voice credits for Typ-O $3.99
- One thousand (1,000) voice credits for Typ-O $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.