Type Fu is an app that will teach you how to type fast. The right way. On your Mac.
Visit type-fu.com for online demo.
****** TYPE FU FEATURES ******
• UNIVERSAL. The app is suitable for all age groups and skill levels. You can be a beginner, intermediate or advanced typist. Even if you took typing classes before, but it never sank in, Type Fu will help you refresh your skills and take them to the next stage instantly.
• PACKED WITH ENGAGING EXERCISES. Type Fu is fun to use! Lessons vary from simple letters, numbers and words to proverbs and quotes of great thinkers of the past. Basic lessons (letters, numbers, words) are generated programatically so that you will never see the same exercise twice.
• MULTIPLE LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY. Should you start from the very beginning, or do you want to just polish your type-fu a tad? Figure out your initial skill level and start practicing right away, until your fingers are a blur!
• MULTIPLE KEYBOARD LAYOUTS. English language users can choose between following layouts: Qwerty, Dvorak, Colemak, Workman, Norman, Qwertz, Azerty. German language users can choose between: German Qwertz and Swiss Qwertz layouts.
• ADAPTIVE. Type Fu is smart: when you are making an outstanding progress, it can automatically increase the level of difficulty to keep you on your toes while improving the skill.
• VISUAL AND AUDIO HINTS. Type Fu assists in a non-obtrusive way. Various indications of hitting or missing the right keys are helpful, pertinent, don't get in the way and can be disabled.
• EASY PROGRESS TRACKING. Type Fu helps you perfecting the skill of touch typing by visualizing your progress. You will be able to easily tell from the pretty charts exactly how much better your typing speed and accuracy become, and which keys your miss most.
• FULLY INTEGRATED WITH YOUR MAC. Get the top-notch user experience offered by Mac computers. Type Fu supports Retina displays, process sandboxing, automatic updates via Mac App Store and full-screen mode.
• PAY ONCE, USE ANYTIME AND ANYWHERE. The app does not require recurring payments and constant network connection unlike online typing tutors. Once you pay for it, it's yours forever. Educational instituations and companies can buy multiple licenses with 50% discount via the Apple Volume Purchase Program.
- Upgrade to Electron 4 runtime
Ratings and Reviews
Very good Application
After trying many applications, this application appears to be the best so far. As far as I’ m concern. However, It will be greater application if the developer add “ The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”. This contains all the alphabets on the keyboard and as the user practices it often it will enhance his speed on the keyboard.
I think this will also make this application greater and more attractive to many users and will draw many new users to its. This feature can be seperate like the others and be a standalone feature that the users can repeat over and over to get more familiar to the locations of the keys.
Thank you for a great application like this and hope the feature request will be added to it.
Developer Response ,
You can add this sentence to one of the existing dictionaries. I think it would make sense to add a separate "Pangrams" category which would contain more sentences like that.
Love it so far
Love the application so far.
1) typing sound. Could you give a couple of options for the typing sound? The one you got is a bit harsh for me. Would like to have maybe a classic typewriter sound or something softer as an option, and possibly volume control.
2) I couldn’t find it but is there a way to go straight to a specific lesson for certain characters? I see that I can change the level and it includes more characters but what if I want to practice mainly typical certain characters.
Thanks so much for the great work.
I asked for a feature request few hours ago, and it got implemented and updated right awa.
Either it’s some kind of coincidence and the developers are just that awesome!
I recommed this to anyone that has to spend a lot of time on the computer and wants to become more productive.
Speed typing is the best way.
I’d like a way to memorize and practices popular shortcuts in applications. :)
Don’t know how you’d pull that off without triggering the shortcuts, but that would be awesome too.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.