By Jaroslaw Foksa
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Type Fu is an app that will teach you how to type fast. The right way. On your Mac.
Visit type-fu.com for online demo.
****** TYPE FU FEATURES ******
• UNIVERSAL. The app is suitable for all age groups and skill levels. You can be a beginner, intermediate or advanced typist. Even if you took typing classes before, but it never sank in, Type Fu will help you refresh your skills and take them to the next stage instantly.
• PACKED WITH ENGAGING EXERCISES. Type Fu is fun to use! Lessons vary from simple letters, numbers and words to proverbs and quotes of great thinkers of the past. Basic lessons (letters, numbers, words) are generated programatically so that you will never see the same exercise twice.
• MULTIPLE LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY. Should you start from the very beginning, or do you want to just polish your type-fu a tad? Figure out your initial skill level and start practicing right away, until your fingers are a blur!
• MULTIPLE KEYBOARD LAYOUTS. English language users can choose between following layouts: Qwerty, Dvorak, Colemak, Workman, Norman, Qwertz, Azerty. German language users can choose between: German Qwertz and Swiss Qwertz layouts.
• ADAPTIVE. Type Fu is smart: when you are making an outstanding progress, it can automatically increase the level of difficulty to keep you on your toes while improving the skill.
• VISUAL AND AUDIO HINTS. Type Fu assists in a non-obtrusive way. Various indications of hitting or missing the right keys are helpful, pertinent, don't get in the way and can be disabled.
• EASY PROGRESS TRACKING. Type Fu helps you perfecting the skill of touch typing by visualizing your progress. You will be able to easily tell from the pretty charts exactly how much better your typing speed and accuracy become, and which keys your miss most.
• FULLY INTEGRATED WITH YOUR MAC. Get the top-notch user experience offered by Mac computers. Type Fu supports Retina displays, process sandboxing, automatic updates via Mac App Store and full-screen mode.
• PAY ONCE, USE ANYTIME AND ANYWHERE. The app does not require recurring payments and constant network connection unlike online typing tutors. Once you pay for it, it's yours forever. Educational instituations and companies can buy multiple licenses with 50% discount via the Apple Volume Purchase Program.
What's New in Version 4.3.1
- Add "Azerty Belgian (Mac)" layout (Submitted by Daan)
- Increase the code area height when visual aids are hidden (Requested by Niheel)
- Bugfix: Some keys are not detected correctly on Macbooks with ISO physical layout (Reported by Thomas and Daan)
- Bugfix: "Pause when idle" option is not working
- Bugfix: Layout editor labels have typos (Reported by Julian)
- Bugfix: Some German quotes are cut off
😦 OMG, this app is good...[details]
I orginally purchased this app a year or so ago to type Quotes occasionally and keep the fingers fresh. I checked back recently and now this app is amazing 🤤.
There are 5 content types I can practice: Words, Proverbs, Facts, Quotes and Code. Each allows me to import custom content. The app is amazing for any anyone to practicing typing. But for power users, this app is schmexy 😍.
⚠️Warning Nerdy Content⚠️
I really enjoy that I can import source files from projects that I plan to contribute. It gives me an opportunity to learn the style of the original authors. Also, it is fun to type out the source for famous projects like Git and the linux kernel. One great feature to add ➕ may be the option to import files directly from directly from repositories with a white list filter like `*main.c, *-config.yaml` and split the content automatically by logical block/method. Thats a big ask I know 😳
Also, I use the import option for Words, Phrases, and Quotes to learn a new language 🇳🇱! Practicing Words, Phrases, and Quotes in another language using this app really burns them into my grey matter.
The Changelog really shows that the developer, Jaroslaw Foksa, cares about his users and I am glad to be along for the ride.