By Houdah Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Imagine typing text on your iPhone, iPad or Apple TV.
Picture the full-size keyboard of your Mac – Now connect both.
Use your Mac as Bluetooth keyboard to your iPhone, iPad or Apple TV.
Type on your full-size keyboard. The text will appear on your iOS device.
Prepare text on your Mac and then paste it to your mobile device.
- Use your Mac as a keyboard to type SMS text messages at full speed
- Send tweets. Update your Facebook status. Chat. From the comfort of a full keyboard
- Reply to emails on accounts configured only on your iPhone
- Paste addresses, passwords, … from your Mac to your iPhone
- Use AppleScript to automate text input to your iPhone
- Use Mac OS X 10.8 or 10.9 dictation with your iOS device
- Mac with Bluetooth enabled
- iPhone (3GS or later), iPad (all models), iPod touch (3rd generation or later). iOS 3.2 or later
- Apple TV with software version 5.2 (January 2013) or later
- Fully tested with iOS 7.0 and 7.1
Supported iOS keyboard layouts:
- U.S American
- Canadian English
- Canadian French
- Czech, Czech QWERTY
- Japanese QWERTY
- Polish, Polish Pro
- Slovak, Slovak QWERTY
- Spanish ISO
- Swiss French, Swiss German
- Turkish, Turkish QWERTZ
Initial pairing instructions:
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences > Bluetooth
- Enable Bluetooth on your Mac
- Set Bluetooth on your Mac to be Discoverable. On Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, you just need to keep System Preferences > Bluetooth open
- Launch Type2Phone and keep it frontmost
- On your iPhone / iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth
- Enable Bluetooth on your iPhone / iPad
- Tap the name of your Mac to start the pairing procedure
For future uses, you may initiate the connection from the "Click here to connect" button in Type2Phone.
By default, Type2Phone reconnects to the last known device as soon as you start typing.
Additional Instructions for Apple TV:
- Initiate pairing from Apple TV (see: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5633)
- When asked for confirmation, click YES on your Mac
- Click the Select / Enter button on your original Apple TV remote
Recent customer praises:
- 5 stars - "… my daughters are wondering how I can text back so much and so fast!" - bt4jc, USA
- 5 stars - "Works well with iPhone/iPad, but really shines with Apple TV!" - Curtis E., Canada
- 5 stars - "Muy buena app. Hace lo que dice. Es sencilla, práctica, en una palabra: Perfecto¡¡¡" - Ruben2013, Spain
- 5 stars - "Marche parfaitement, très utile pour taper de long SMS ou autres" - Aalin, France
- 5 stars - "Perfekte App. Macht genau das, was sie soll. " - tomekiii, Germany
- 5 stars - "I have been working with 2 bluetooth keyboards […] Now I only need one. Well done!" - Big Voice, USA
- 5 stars - "FINALLY able to use BT Keyboard with AppleTV" - Grumpy430, USA
Do you enjoy using Type2Phone?
Please do us a favor and take a moment to write a review. Thank you!
If you have problems, please contact support for assistance.
We usually reply to forum posts and emails the same day.
When attempting to pair, your iOS device may not list your Mac or indicate that it is incompatible.
The workaround is as follows:
- On iOS: Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Select your Mac. Select "Forget this Device"
- Restart your iPhone / iPad
- In Mac OS X System Preferences: Disable Bluetooth on the Mac
- Reenable Bluetooth on the Mac. Set Bluetooth to be discoverable
- Launch Type2Phone
- On iOS: Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Enable Bluetooth
- Tap the name of the Mac to start the pairing procedure
At worst, this convoluted procedure is needed only for initial pairing.
Future connections are initiated (automatically) from the Type2Phone application.
What's New in Version 2.4.1
Do you enjoy the convenience of a full size keyboard connected to your iPhone, iPad or Apple TV?
Please take a moment to write a review. Tell us how you use Type2Phone.
- New feature: Open iOS Spotlight by pressing F6 on your keyboard
- Bug fix: This version restores compatibility with Mac OS X 10.6
Great Simple app, excellent for passwords and more!
I downloaded this app initially because I figured it’d be useful if I was outside of wifi, but my phone still had service, and I needed to write an email or something.
But i’ve found so much more use out of it. I use 1Password for randomly generated passwords, and instead of copying and pasting passwords from that to apps, its so much easier to copy them on my Mac and paste them to my phone.
This app simple, well executed, and is frequently updated. At $5 its a no brainer.
The iPhone keyboard is a little cramped for me. Type2phone is so convenient. Does the jobe perfectly. A great and inexpensive buy.
I had one question and their support is excellent with a reply with the hour!
My old, fat fingers don’t do so well on the built in iPhone screen keyboard. This app is nice to use when I am sitting at my computer and either want to send a text or enter data in other apps. Worth the price.