Type2Phone – Bluetooth Keyboard
By Houdah Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Use your Mac to type on your iPhone, iPad or Apple TV
Type2Phone works just like a Bluetooth keyboard: no additional app is needed.
• Use your Mac's full-sized keyboard with your iPhone and iPad
• Paste passwords, addresses, etc. from your Mac to your mobile device
• Type texts, tweets, status updates, etc.
• Reply to emails on accounts configured only on your iOS device
• Control your Apple TV
• Use a single keyboard with all your Apple devices
4th generation Apple TV requires tvOS 9.2 to enable Bluetooth keyboard support.
• Connects automatically as you start typing
• Disconnects when idle or sent to the background (optional)
• Command-Tab in and out of Type2Phone
• Customizable keyboard shortcuts for all your devices
• Copy-paste text from Mac to iPhone, iPad or Apple TV
• AppleScript to automate text input
• Support for Mac OS X dictation (10.8 or later)
• Support for TextExpander on Mac
• Support for iOS Voice Over
## Get started in 3 easy steps:
• On your Mac, open System Preferences > Bluetooth. Make sure Bluetooth is on and discoverable. Leave System Presences open.
• Start Type2Phone. Leave it running and frontmost.
• On the iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Tap the name of your Mac to start the pairing procedure.
Please note: If your Mac and iOS device had been previously paired, you first need to undo the pairing on both ends. Have each device forget the other. Then go through the above procedure.
## Supported iOS keyboard layouts:
U.S American, Arabic, Australian, Belgian, Brazilian, British, Canadian English, Canadian French, Czech, Czech QWERTY, Danish, Dutch, Dvorak, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese QWERTY, Norwegian, Polish, Polish Pro, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Serbian Latin, Slovak, Slovak QWERTY, Spanish ISO, Swedish, Swiss French, Swiss German, Thai, Turkish, Turkish QWERTZ
## Customer praises:
"Quite possibly the biggest time-saving productivity tool in my ecosystem"
5 stars by mediawolf, USA
"Muy buena app. Hace lo que dice. Es sencilla, práctica, en una palabra: Perfecto¡¡¡"
5 stars by Ruben2013, Spain
"Marche parfaitement, très utile pour taper de long SMS ou autres"
5 stars by Aalin, France
"Perfekte App. Macht genau das, was sie soll. "
5 stars by tomekiii, Germany
"I have been working with 2 bluetooth keyboards […] Now I only need one. Well done!"
5 stars by Big Voice, USA
"… my daughters are wondering how I can text back so much and so fast!"
5 stars by bt4jc, USA
What's New in Version 3.0.1
Sometimes only minor bugs need fixing
Bought this solely because it was on sale some time ago. Tonight, I had cause to finally use it and it worked like a charm. Set up was easy (some issues with my Bluetooth, but unrelated to the app), and using it was as natural as can be. The display is just what you need: enough information about what you’re doing and what is being transmitted, but no useless bells and whistles.
Does what it says = 3-star
Does what it says well = 4-star
Goes beyond what it says to provide a great overall UE = 5-star
Simple and extreemly useful
I use this app every day with my work Mac. I don’t like to mix my personal messages with my business messages (neither should you!), this app helps resolve that issue. Instead of using the OS X messages app I just command tab to this app and type directly onto my iOS device. I think this is an absolute must have app for anyone who sits behind a desk all day and values their privicy.
this is seriously useful
It does what it’s supposed to do: lets you use your mac as a bluetooth keyboard. I love it becasue there are all kinds of devices like phones and tv boxes with crappy onscreen keyboards. Having a real keybaord always available whenever I’m carrying my laptop is great.
One suggestion: add a bluetooth trackpad too!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 09, 2016
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 0.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Houdah Software s.a r.l.
- © 2011-2016 Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later