By Houdah Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Use your Mac to type on your iPhone, iPad or Apple TV
Type2Phone works just like a Bluetooth keyboard: no additional app is needed
- Text faster by using your Mac's full-size keyboard
- Paste passwords, addresses, etc. from your Mac to your mobile device
- Reply to emails on accounts configured only on your iPhone or iPad
- Control your Apple TV
- Use a single keyboard with all your devices
- Easy to set up
- Connects automatically as you start typing
- Disconnects when idle or sent to the background (optional)
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts for all your devices
- Copy-paste text from Mac to iPhone, iPad or Apple TV
- AppleScript to automate text input
- Support for Mac OS X dictation (10.8 or later)
- Support for TextExpander on Mac
- Support for iOS Voice Over
Recent customer praises:
"Works well with iPhone/iPad, but really shines with Apple TV!"
5 stars by Curtis E., Canada
"Quite possibly the biggest time-saving productivity tool in my ecosystem"
5 stars by mediawolf, USA
"Muy buena app. Hace lo que dice. Es sencilla, práctica, en una palabra: Perfecto¡¡¡"
5 stars by Ruben2013, Spain
"Marche parfaitement, très utile pour taper de long SMS ou autres"
5 stars by Aalin, France
"Perfekte App. Macht genau das, was sie soll. "
5 stars by tomekiii, Germany
"I have been working with 2 bluetooth keyboards […] Now I only need one. Well done!"
5 stars by Big Voice, USA
"… my daughters are wondering how I can text back so much and so fast!"
5 stars by bt4jc, USA
"FINALLY able to use BT Keyboard with AppleTV"
5 stars by Grumpy430, USA
- Mac with Bluetooth enabled
- iPhone (3GS or later), iPad (all models), iPod touch (3rd generation or later). iOS 3.2 or later
- Apple TV with software version 5.2 (January 2013) or later
- Fully tested with OS X 10.10 Yosemite and iOS 8.1
Supported iOS keyboard layouts:
- U.S American
- Canadian English
- Canadian French
- Czech, Czech QWERTY
- Japanese QWERTY
- Polish, Polish Pro
- Serbian, Serbian Latin
- Slovak, Slovak QWERTY
- Spanish ISO
- Swiss French, Swiss German
- Turkish, Turkish QWERTZ
What's New in Version 2.6
- Fully tested with OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- We made significant improvements to all keyboard layouts.
Do post reviews if you enjoy Type2Phone. We love reading success stories
Only four stars becasue I can think of things I’d like to improve. Functionality gets highest marks.
I regularly have my ipad and my phone on my desk with my laptop, and often have text, todo reminders, and the like popping up on the mobile devices. Having this app running in the background makes it very easy to connect to each device quicly and have a full keyboard to repsond to text, or other items that need input. I have not had any problems with the app to date, but would prefer a few things to be different:
There seems to be a setting about when to disconnect form a device that seems ahead of when I’d like it to. Several times I have to reconnect to the last device I was using the app with. I would like to have the connection stay in place until I quit the app, or force it to join other devices. For that matter, I would love to be able to have two or more windows so I could connec to two or more devices simultaneously. I don’t know Bluetooth protocol, so this might not be possible.
I would like to see a menu bar shortcut for the app so I don’t have to go dig around in my app folder or other finder based shortcuts.
Just what I needed!
All I wanted was a way to control my AppleTV without taking my hands off the keyboard. This did the trick. The default settings are reasonable, but I was glad they were settable since, for my purposes, I always want to maintain the bluetooth connection regardless of idle time or app focus. I’m pleased with the price, pleased with the functionality, pleased with the available preferences. I’d be slightly happier if I could turn off showing every keystroke, but that’s minor.
this is seriously useful
It does what it’s supposed to do: lets you use your mac as a bluetooth keyboard. I love it becasue there are all kinds of devices like phones and tv boxes with crappy onscreen keyboards. Having a real keybaord always available whenever I’m carrying my laptop is great.
One complaint: It really ought to be possible to disable the display of keys as you type. I use this to enter passwords all the time.
One suggestion: add a bluetooth trackpad too!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 27, 2014
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Houdah Software s.a r.l.
- © 2011-2014 Houdah Software s.à r.l.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later