Typeeto: remote full size bluetooth keyboard
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Typeeto is an app that enables you to use your Mac keyboard as a Bluetooth keyboard for other devices such as iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, Android device, etc. Now use a full-scale keyboard to type in a text and it will be displayed real-time on your device screen. You do not need to install any other apps on your device – just connect it to Mac and start typing.
With Typeeto you can:
• Write long messages on Mac and send them from mobile devices
• Copy-paste a text from Mac to connected devices
• Use a full-scale keyboard to manage your Apple TV or game consoles connected to TV (except PS3 & PS4)
• Manage music playback on your devices
• Connect any number of devices to Mac
• Switch between devices in a single click or a hot key press
• Save your time & effort - you do not need to set up an extra keyboard separately
To start working with Typeeto follow this 3 simple steps:
• Turn on Bluetooth on Mac and a device you’d like to connect, make sure that both of them are discoverable
• Go to Bluetooth settings on Mac and pair the device
• Connect your device to Mac. Remember that for iOS and Android devices connection has to be initiated from them first.
That's it! Your device is connected - start typing away.
• Select between Dark & Light themes
• Make use of sound effects
• Designate a hotkey to each device
• The device’s type is detected automatically, but you can always change it in Preferences
• Enjoy our cool animation :)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help you. Your feedback is welcome; we assure it will be taken into account in our next release.
What's New in Version 1.4.1
- improved handling of connection errors;
- minor localization fixes.
Great idea, spotty instructions and compatibility
I purchased this to see if I could control a Raspberry Pi via my 2011 Mac Mini keyboard, eliminating the need for a second keyboard. I noticed someone else had issues using a 2011 iMac, so I wasn’t that disappointed when it didn’t work. It did work using a 2013 MBP.
And it works great, just not in the way I wanted it. The developer needs to beta test their software using a variety of hardware. I wasn’t able to sync an iPhone 6 on my Mac Mini either. It’s apparent they did not QA this with anything older than 2012. Now if we were running Windows computers, maybe I could understand this. But the developer knows what model bluetooth chip works with their software and they know when Apple started using that chip. They need to make that clear in their production description, because right now the compatibility variables listed (OS X 10.9, 64 bit processors) are incorrect.
But it does work pretty well with later models and I will still find an use for it.
Replaced Multiple Keyboard - It works!
My setup has an 2011 iMac, (el Capitan) an iPad and iPhone. I’ve been struggling with keyboard combinations for years trying to have the iPad with email, iPhone for scheduling while I work on the iMac. All had problems, even Typeeto has issues; however, Typeeto works quickly, does not take desk space and stays connected in my radio-active desk environment.
-Takes no space
-Types on the iOS devices with (almost) no latiency
-Easy to envoke
-Focus automatically returns to the Mac when I focus on the Mac
-Almost no resources used
-Works with my Bluetooth 2 iMac
-Typeeto does not have a “home button” function; however, command “h” works in many cases
-The cursor move/selection key combos do not work reliably
-Takes a few tries to connect if another BT keyboard has been used
Excellent program saves deskspace, time and money
Using this app I am now able to type onto my iPhone, IPad Pro, and iPad Mini comfortably using my full size Mac keyboard.
This speeds up my IOS input significantly. Since I can easily swithch between devices, I no longer need multiple bluetooth keyboards on my desk, saving me deskspace and money not spent on extra hardware.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 26, 2016
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Vitaliy Golubenko
- © Eltima Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor