Typeeto: remote full size bluetooth keyboard
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Typeeto is an app that enables you to use your Mac keyboard as a Bluetooth keyboard for other devices such as iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, Android device, etc. Now use a full-scale keyboard to type in a text and it will be displayed real-time on your device screen. You do not need to install any other apps on your device – just connect it to Mac and start typing.
With Typeeto you can:
• Write long messages on Mac and send them from mobile devices
• Copy-paste a text from Mac to connected devices
• Use a full-scale keyboard to manage your Apple TV or game consoles connected to TV (except PS3 & PS4)
• Manage music playback on your devices
• Connect any number of devices to Mac
• Switch between devices in a single click or a hot key press
• Save your time & effort - you do not need to set up an extra keyboard separately
To start working with Typeeto follow this 3 simple steps:
• Turn on Bluetooth on Mac and a device you’d like to connect, make sure that both of them are discoverable
• Go to Bluetooth settings on Mac and pair the device
• Connect your device to Mac. Remember that for iOS and Android devices connection has to be initiated from them first.
That's it! Your device is connected - start typing away.
• Select between Dark & Light themes
• Make use of sound effects
• Designate a hotkey to each device
• The device’s type is detected automatically, but you can always change it in Preferences
• Enjoy our cool animation :)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us on email@example.com. We are happy to help you. Your feedback is welcome; we assure it will be taken into account in our next release.
What's New in Version 1.4.1
- improved handling of connection errors;
- minor localization fixes.
Pairing devices was a breeze. Typing in Notes and Messages: no latetency. Used Command-A to select all text w/o issues. Didn’t do a comprehensive test of all text-entry operations, but so far I’m happy. I’m not sure how often I’d use it in either of the above apps, as you can already do this in Messages on the MacBook (earlty 2015, Yosemite), and even though typing in Notes on iOS (7.1 on iPhone 4) was impressive, I only use the Notes app on the phone to jot down info that I’m going to use right away, like the model number of something in my shop before going to get a part, or a grocery item, etc. Too much work to whip out the MacBook just to jot something down that I can do more quickly on the phone. Plus I only use Simplenote while away from home, and since it syncs with my Mac, there’s no need to use the app at home for that.
I gave it four stars because even though the description says you can “manage music playback on your devices,” using the Fn modifier key on the Mac, I already have the media keys (F7 though F12) mapped to other purposes, and it would be a hassle to change them every time. It woulld seem to me that if you’re paired with your phone, the media-control keys should switch to controlling the phone, just as all the other keys do. I’ll probably find the app handy for typing in some other iPhone apps, but off the top of my head I can’t think of other apps I’d use it with. Most people probably don’t have their Fn function of the media keys re-mapped, so I’m sure they’ll find this feature quite useful. This is a cool app, regardless, and I’d happiily give it another star if it was updated to temporarily re-map the media keys’ Fn functions.
Saved a lot of time.
The contacts on my ancient cell phone would not transfer to my newer IPhone. Using a full size keyboard made typing in all the information an easy task. I’ll be using it for texting also. Thanks.
Excellent program saves deskspace, time and money
Using this app I am now able to type onto my iPhone, IPad Pro, and iPad Mini comfortably using my full size Mac keyboard.
This speeds up my IOS input significantly. Since I can easily swithch between devices, I no longer need multiple bluetooth keyboards on my desk, saving me deskspace and money not spent on extra hardware.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 26, 2016
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Vitaliy Golubenko
- © Eltima Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor