Typeface is a beautiful font manager that helps you pick the perfect font for your designs.
Good typography is one of the most important aspects of design. But it is often hard to find the font that conveys just the right emotion, especially if you're not sure yet what you're looking for.
With a minimal interface and total focus on your fonts Typeface tries to make browsing your collection exciting and easy, such that you'll always find just the font you need.
FOCUS ON YOUR FONTS
• Perfectly rendered previews
• Live customization of preview text & size
• Intuitive & minimal UI design that doesn't distract
• Light & Dark theme for day and night
• Easy to use & flexible tagging system (combine, subtract, invert & nest)
• Powerful search & filters (weight, width, slant and style)
• Smart sidebar (auto collapse, tag highlight, drag & drop)
• In-place font activation & deactivation
IMPROVE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Collect font candidates using the Quick Collection
• Review your choices and refine your selection
• Share the results with colleagues and clients on PDF
• Store the selection by attaching tags
REVEAL EVERY DETAIL
• Compare fonts using A/B font overlays
• Inspect supported unicode characters
• Get detailed font info
• Show font family members
AND MUCH MORE
• [NEW] 2000+ free fonts from the Google Fonts catalog
• Support for ttf, otf, dfont, ttc and PostScript Type 1 font suitcase
• Auto synchronization of imported directories
• Import Font Book collections
• Collapsed family view
• Auto hide fonts that are missing characters
• Auto font style classification
• Print to paper and export to PDF
• Auto size previews
• Letter s p a c i n g
• Outlined previews
• Metrics overlay
• Standard & discretionary ligatures
• Export & Import tags to json
• Many keyboard shortcuts
• Import Typekit fonts
• Auto activation (beta)
• Tagged and Untagged meta-tags
Still reading? Check out typefaceapp.com for more info, handy tips & support.
Follow @typefaceapp on Twitter to get the latest news.
Have fun designing!
* [NEW] Quickly (de)activate a font by clicking the grey/blue activation indicator bullet
* [NEW] Tags are grouped in context menus and the main menu
* [NEW] The last added/removed tag is remembered and can be found on the top of the tag list context menu
* [NEW] Tags can be pinned to the top of the tag context menu (hold Option to pin/unpin)
* [NEW] Remember custom preview text presets
* [NEW] Switch preview text preset in the context menu
* [IMPROVED] Improved background check performance on launch
* [IMPROVED] Added Chinese preview text presets
* [IMPROVED] Added designer, manufacturer and license info on font detail view
* [IMPROVED] Tags with uppercase characters should be sorted correctly
* [FIXED] Search field color in Sierra
* [FIXED] Switching between Info and Characters in detail view should be more performant
* [FIXED] Renamed directories where only the case is changed should not imported duplicated fonts
Ratings and Reviews
I wanted to like it
I am a home user and have a hard time justifying a $100 font manager. That said, I have around 1300 fonts installed and was hoping for an easy way to activate and deactivate by collection. Font Book for me runs extremely slowly, even though I have no problem in programs like Photoshop CC and Lightroom. Typeface will only run as fast as Font Book. I spent a lot of time making collections in Font Book and while Typeface will read them, they must be activated for Typeface to show them in their collection. If you have deactivated the fonts to speed up your system, then you can only reactivate them by going back into Font Book itself, or remember what fonts are in each collection and individually reactivate them. I deactivated a collection in Typeface, and when I went to Font Book, all the fonts had been moved out of the collection entirely, so now I have to rebuild it.
The filters are not that great, either, unfortunately. The Script option pulls up nothing that is actually a script, but fonts like vintage typewriter fonts and Marker Felt.
I was really hoping for more. Perhaps if I had less fonts and wanted to keep them all activated all the time it would be better for me, but I think I just need a more robust program.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Make sure to update to version 2 which improved a lot on font (de)activation. All your fonts stay visible in the app and no need to switch to Font Book :)
Font Display, Organization And Use Are A Breeze!
I couldn’t be more pleased with this font management app! As a Graphic Designer, one of the projects I work on regularlly is for apparel designs/ecommerce DTG or screen printed products. Every design has to be completely different from the next to ensure originality. Typeface enables me to load an enormous collection of fonts with ease, categorize them in a way that works best for me and then to see them in a snap. I love that I can see exactly how each typeset word or sentence will look before choosing the best font.
I also cannot say enough about the customer service. When I’m really stuck and cannot figure out how to do something, I simply send an email with my questions or concerns and receive an informed response shortly afterward.
The value you receive with this app is unbeatable in my opinion. I asked several other graphic design colleagues who recommended this product to me. It’s no wonder they chose Typeface, it’s a fantastic app!
Great for the price
I’m the digital marketing guy at my office, and the time had come for me to pick out some potential fonts for an upcoming project. typeface was exactly what I needed - a simple font manager that didn’t cost an arm and a leg. It features a beautiful interface, fast speeds, and plenty of features. Unfortunately, however, the lack of being able to save font collections without installing them is a large oversight. My font choices had to be signed off on, which meant that I was required to leave typeface open in the meantime, and I eventually just had to reset my only collection while working on another project - less than ideal
Overall, typeface is a beautiful, fast font manager, and well worth the $10 pricetag - just don’t uninstall that freeware manager in the meantime.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.