TypeIt4Me is the original text expander for Mac. It can help you type more quickly and accurately, with fewer keystrokes. Create a library of custom shorthand abbreviations that when typed anywhere on your Mac will instantly expand to become longer ‘snippets’ of text or even pictures. Type frequently used words, names, addresses, phrases and boilerplate paragraphs with just a few taps.
Save time, effort and keystrokes. You need never type the same thing over and over again. Just let TypeIt4Me do the heavy lifting for you. It runs unobtrusively in the background and works systemwide, anywhere you can type on your Mac.
• Insert pictures and formatted text.
• Capitalize new sentences. Prevent double capitals.
• Automatically correct typos.
• Insert the current date and time dynamically, in any format.
• Insert a past or future date or time, with TypeIt4Me calculating it automatically in relation to the present, so you don’t need to work out in your head what day it was or will be.
• Insert Autocue placeholder “prompts”
• Invoke Applescripts. For example, typing om could trigger a script that opens Mail and says “Opening Mail” using one of the built-in voices in OS X.
• Sync with iCloud to use the same snippets on all your Macs - and even with iPhones or iPads running TypeIt4Me Touch.
• Get statistics that tell you roughly how much time you’ve saved
Fixes a bug in the German localisation.
Ratings and Reviews
App Store Shows Featured App
Why does Apple feature an app that has numerous bugs and an unresponsive developer? This product could be so very effective with just a few enhancements.
Most-used app on my Mac
I've been using Riccardo's app for more than a decade and have been an ardent fan of both TypeIt4Me and Riccardo for that entire time. I have 80-some shortcuts that faciliate form filling, email writing, programming, file naming (with date/time included) and other common activities. Observers looking over my shoulder invariable say, "wow!" when I punch out a couple characters and TypeIt4Me fills in my name and full mailing address. Every once in a while, very rarely, it craps out and for a short time I'm reminded what life on a Mac would be like if I had to type every… single… bloody… character: better than a PC but still rougher than my normal experience.
Customer support: sure, when you use an application a hundred times a day for over ten years, you're going to have run into an occasional glitch. When that unusual situation has arisen with TypeIt4Me, Riccardo has been timely and effective in his response.
If six-stars were possible, TypeIt4Me would get it FromMe.
This is a GREAT text/photo expansion app.
When I started looking for a Mac text expansion app I found several apps including Clips for $10 and this app for $20. I was impressed with the Clips description of what it did and its low price so I bought it.
Unfortunately, Clips is garbage. I have spent hundreds of dollars in the iOS and Mac stores and Clips is 1,000+ times worse than any other app I have ever purchased. No Help, no developer response, no features as represented.
So after wasting $10 on Clips I got the trial of TypeIt4Me at the developer's web site. WOW this is a great app and I almost immediately paid $20 for it on the Apple app store and here is my positive review. It does everything a text expansion app could do and more including everything it says it does AND it includes an excellent detailed manual AND the developer is very responsive to help requests. Money well spent.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.