Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum
By individual Software, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum 5
The Exciting Way for Kids to Learn to Type!
Learn in English or Spanish
#1 Best-Selling For Kid’s Typing*
Kids learn to type on an exciting adventure on Typer Island. They learn all keyboard basics following an age-appropriate Typing Plan with step-by-step lessons, challenges, tests and games.
This #1 Best Kids Typing Program is educational, entertaining, and will motivate kids to improve their typing skills with immediate results. Kids type their way around Typer Island to reach the castle, advance to the Lost City, and become touch typists! Preferred by teachers and parents.
* 10 Customizable Typing Plans for All Skill Levels Ages 6-12
* Lessons include step-by-step instruction with visual 3D guide hands.
* Instant Results for Lessons, Tests, and Games
* Shows progress in words typed per minute and accuracy.
* 30+ Multi-Play, Multi-Level Game Challenges
* Master challenging keys and escape danger playing in the deep waters of Typing With Sharks and Sea Creatures!
* Get to the mountain top first, and sharpen your speed and dexterity playing Cliffhanger.
* 40 Engaging Practice Stories
* Visit the Story Lagoon and practice typing selections from Fairy Tales or Classic Literature.
* Practice Activities
* Take a break on Explorer Isle to play any of Typer Island’s games using just the keys you have learned.
* Rewarding Castle Adventures
* Navigate your way through interactive 3D game Tomb Typer and collect treasures.
* Move your motorcycle across the desert in Xtreme Typing.
* Additional Challenges in the Lost City Adventures
* Only from the Castle! Visit the Lost City and play the #1 typing game, Ziggy Arcade Action Game, and the first-ever narrative typing game, Treasure Quest.
* Learn in English or Spanish
* Keyboarding Basics
* Proper Hand Positions
* Speed and Accuracy
* Have Fun!
*Typing Instructor for Kids was the #1 best-selling typing program specifically designed for kids - Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service dollar sales (2006-February 2011).
For 24/7, multi-platform access to this application in the cloud, see http://www.typinginstructorforkids.com.
Not the right program for our family
There were a few bugs in the program, including the fact that I couldn’t delete “an adventurer.” Sometimes the background music worked, sometimes it didn’t. What really bothered me was that the program was too advanced even for the “easy” level. It jumped from the home row to the top row in two lessons! My eight year old daughter was never able to master the home row before she was sent to the next level. She couldn’t pass that level and got so frustrated she didn’t want to continue the program. I don’t blame her. There should be more practice at each level, so the child doesn’t have to hear over and over again, “Sorry, better luck next time.” I’m really surprised by all the positive reviews. I thought this program was simply awful!
Amazing Game, Totally Worth the Money
Awesome Product! I have just gotten started and already I am typing 30 wpm. Usually I do two lessons a day and then some games for review. Only had it two weeks and already I have %75 of the keyboard down. I love that this game only uses the keys I've learned. The variety keeps it so intresting and challenging for me, I just can't wait to play it. The track is detailed and useful so I can see how I'm doing - my speed, accuracy, and the keys I'm having trouble with.
too difficult for childrren
This app came reccomended by ADDitude magazine.I am very disappointed with this app. Besides the glitches, it's too advanced for children and made my 10 year old very discouraged. The program also needs to show the keyboard and hand placement on the computer screen until the user is proficient. Your child will have to look at the keys if they forgot where the letter is on the keyboard and that is not a good habit to start. I am not sure if this matters but I found it annoying that they obviously gave the boy in the app a girl's voice while the parrot had a boy's voice.
- Category: Education
- Released: Apr 25, 2012
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 415 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Individual Software Inc.
- © 2012
Compatibility: OS X 10.4 or later