Typing Tournament v2
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
A fully featured typing tutor that teaches typing for life. Ages 5 - Adult
Suitable for all typists including absolute beginners, “Let’s Try Again” typists and “Need a Refresher” typists. Get started straight out of the box, or take advantage of the powerful diagnostic and reporting capabilities to zero in on your child’s learning needs.
A fantastic typing adventure awaits you! Complete the quest and prove yourself worthy of challenging the Dark Typist! Collect rewards and tokens as you journey through 16 medieval environments, from the Dragon’s Cave to the Throne Room. Each location presents four new keys with a lesson, demonstration, practice drills, three action-packed typing games and a progress test. Only you can rid the land of the Dark Typist’s tyranny!
• Simple instructions
• Only four new keys per lesson
• Animations show correct finger positions
• Interesting texts boost motivation
Typing Tournament is divided into 16 lessons each with multiple drills, games and a progress test across three maps. Upon successfully completing each lesson, players progress to the next medieval location and receive a printable certificate of achievement to applaud their chivalry! The drills, games and tests all use meaningful, informative and entertaining texts that are specifically linked to each lesson’s focus keys!
• Covers all letters of the alphabet, basic punctuation and numbers
• Reinforces keyboard familiarity with the unique Multiple Progressions Model
• Practise home row key paths, vertical key paths and common letter combinations.
• Introduces four new keys in each lesson with simple, step-by-step instructions
• Preview and choose an overall words-per-minute typing target
• Change your speed target if things are too easy or they get too tricky
• Test yourself to determine your starting level without wasting time relearning skills you have
• Promotes good posture and typing habits with an introductory lesson
• Boosts motivation with meaningful, informative and entertaining texts to type
MULTIPLE PROGRESSIONS MODEL
Typing Tournament reinforces keyboard familiarity and strengthens muscle memory with the Multiple Progressions Model, a unique model for teaching typing specially designed to break the negative learning cycle and give users maximum flexibility in establishing and reaching their typing goals. This enables players to continually improve as complexity increases.
• Powerful administration and user-management features that can track up to 10 users
• Display, export and print detailed user statistics
• Motivational mystery! Complete the challenge and face off against The Dark Typist?
• Colour-coded keyboard, animated demonstrations of correct finger placement
• Designed for maximum reinforcement of muscle memory and finger movement patterns
• Powerful administrative tools allow you to manage users and print results
• Includes extensive record keeping to monitor progress, including overall speed and accuracy
• Displays mastered and ‘in-progress’ keys so that players can concentrate on weaknesses
• Customise user profiles with a huge range of cool user icons
• Simple, kid-friendly animated interface that enhances self-directed learning
• BESSIE Awards – Best Typing Software
• EDDIE Awards – Best Typing Software
• National Parenting Center – Seal of Approval
• ATOM Awards – Best Training Resource
**We have had an isolated report of Typing Tournament v2 not running on a 13" MacBook Pro Mid 2009 Model. If experience this problem please email firstname.lastname@example.org **
What's New in Version 2.0.9
- Minor bug fixes
- Updated the core version to Adobe Director 220.127.116.119
Not exactly as expected
I bought this program to tach my daughters to type. I am happy with the way that they are learning. I think that the text to type however could be a lot more kid friendly since that is the target audience. The images as well I think are not entirely suitable for a young audience (more so as you advance). I was excited about the theme, though in hind sight, animals may have been a better alternative.
As for the program itself, it does make it easy to learn quickly and incorporates reinforcement games.
Best Typing App
This is the best typing app. It's worth the money, the free ones are just a waste of time. Not like others, this one allows backspace to correct your mistakes to improve accuracy. By following the course, I've improved my typing speed with correct finger positions. It's clear how far along the program you are, only 4 courses away for me to become a 32wpm typist.
Impressive Typing Tutorial Program
I am impressed by this program. It loses a star because goals and times can't be adjusted without owning the teacher version of the game. 97% accuracy for the final test on level one is too high. Also, the warm up and activity layout could be less cluttered. That said, I think that young students will enjoy the program.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 28, 2012
- Version: 2.0.9
- Size: 102 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: EdAlive
- © 2009 Pathold No 167 Pty Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later