Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Toolkit for learning & teaching typography.
● Fast Company "Typography Insight" iPad App Is Type Design 101, For Just $1.99"(06/22/11)
● The Atlantic "Typography Insight: iPad App Teaches Fonts Like Never Before"(06/07/11)
● Gizmodo "Typography Insight Makes Learning Fonts Gorgeous and Easy"(05/23/11)
● Presented at AIGA/NY Fresh Blood 2(06/07/11)
● No.2 Paid iPad App in Education Category
● New & Noteworthy, Staff Favorite in 85 countries
“Anyone who loves books, words, history, or fine art — even in the slightest bit — will find Typography Insight as intoxicating as Wikipedia and as fun as a video game.”
“It's more like an exquisite museum exhibit than a musty textbook.”
“Typography Insight is sort of like an iPad typeface encyclopedia. Only encyclopedias are boring, and Typography Insight is beautiful and fun.”
“Turned on by serifs and stems? Then you’ll love the new iPad app Typography Insight. Very slick, very informative.”
“The best $2 I have ever spent!”
“This is like taking a beautiful coffee-table book and making it interactive.”
“First reason I've wanted iPad. If you are a type nerd, this is yours”
"Best app for the Students, Designers and Typography Nerds!"
Typography Insight is an application which introduces new ways of learning and teaching typefaces. It leverages touch interface and high resolution display to visualize and to manipulate typeface. With Typography Insight, you can easily experiment and inspect the detail shapes of historical typefaces.
● Juxtaposing Comparison: Understand the detail differences between the typefaces with side by side comparison
● Overlaying Comparison: Compare two typefaces by overlaying on top of each other
● Type inspector: Observe the detail shapes of typefaces such as serif, counter and ear in very large scale, with pinch and pan gesture
● Typeface Anatomy: Learn about basic terminologies and the detail elements of typefaces
● Historical typefaces: Understand different characteristics of historically important typefaces
● Kerning: Train your eyes for balanced letter space
● Measurement: Learn about type size measurement
● Type Setting: Learn about basic elements of type setting
● Ascender/Descender Comparison: Compare ascender of descender area of typefaces
What's New in Version 3.3
Added Kerning section: Eye training for the visually balanced types.
Great app for beginners
I'm just getting started with typography and with the book I'm reading, I've found this app to be really useful as a handy reference.